User reported problems for Liquid and Mourta kernel goes here.

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

Big shoutout to everyone on the subject of kernel development, if you want to use the experimental kernel you can now just fork my experimental branch, create a project with codio and from there you can git clone any GCC you like, now that gcc 6.0 exists i see no reason to not use it for an experimental build (UBERTC bitbucket) and use the kitchen or my tool to just inject the new zImage in there.

Lots of changes going on right now, 5.1 will take a while longer than predicted but then again, most people like to be able to actually use their phones so it's a better idea to just wait for this to settle down.

What you can implement is a new init.x3.rc, PM me and i'll hand it to you.

Guest Mourta

Hi mourta!

Is it ok that now KK is running on my device for this file?

The content should be the same I think.

Yeah, that doesn't matter at all.

I'm using new errata and reverting old errata to make something new (we're moving to 3.10 versions on most things), this helps a lot. :)

Guest Brucki

I'm using new errata and reverting old errata to make something new (we're moving to 3.10 versions on most things), this helps a lot. :)

Cool, sounds nice.

Just ask if u need something else!

Guest SuperLamic

do you need this file from more people? Some values are quite different - I have lower BogoMIPS (what does it mean ? I saw wiki and I understand that this is something like comparing cpu quality only for one kind of cpu - in our case tegra 3) I also have lower Revision - 0007. I think I've found the reason why my phone is laggy (or really hot with performance settings).. (it is a lot better with you kernel, but it still sometimes gets crazy)

btw I saw you were talking about new init in previous post - is it different from the one you have on bitbucket?

Guest Mourta

do you need this file from more people? Some values are quite different - I have lower BogoMIPS (what does it mean ? I saw wiki and I understand that this is something like comparing cpu quality only for one kind of cpu - in our case tegra 3) I also have lower Revision - 0007. I think I've found the reason why my phone is laggy (or really hot with performance settings).. (it is a lot better with you kernel, but it still sometimes gets crazy)

btw I saw you were talking about new init in previous post - is it different from the one you have on bitbucket?

The more people sharing it the better. :)

No, the new init is an experimental version which is why i don't want to share it openly, it will only work with the experimental kernel and the experimental kernel will probably not work at all for  you at this point in time.

Eventually we'll need a new pass from bootloader to kernel and perhaps a new bootloader all together that takes care of a few things.

Edited by Mourta

Guest NothingSerious

Big shoutout to everyone on the subject of kernel development, if you want to use the experimental kernel you can now just fork my experimental branch, create a project with codio and from there you can git clone any GCC you like, now that gcc 6.0 exists i see no reason to not use it for an experimental build (UBERTC bitbucket) and use the kitchen or my tool to just inject the new zImage in there.

Lots of changes going on right now, 5.1 will take a while longer than predicted but then again, most people like to be able to actually use their phones so it's a better idea to just wait for this to settle down.

What you can implement is a new init.x3.rc, PM me and i'll hand it to you.

GCC 6.0 is out. Cool ;) 

Guest Mourta

GCC 6.0 is out. Cool ;)

Well, it's not out, it's in development (and included in UBERTC repo for LiquidSmooth) but it has some new interesting features that will go nicely with the experimental kernel.

Of course, parts of that will later be merged into the liquid-5.0 branch since some of it is just meant to fix SELinux once and for all.

Edited by Mourta

Guest SuperLamic

The more people sharing it the better. :)

No, the new init is an experimental version which is why i don't want to share it openly, it will only work with the experimental kernel and the experimental kernel will probably not work at all for  you at this point in time.

Eventually we'll need a new pass from bootloader to kernel and perhaps a new bootloader all together that takes care of a few things.

well, okay.. here is my cpuinfo  :) hope it will help you

edit : sorry, I hate this modaco upload system :D

superlamiccpu.txt

Edited by SuperLamic

Guest EnQeen

Well, after using your rom and kernel for some time I found some problems that can (maybe?) be solved in next builds.I did a clean install and I use recommended kernel options.

Firstly , I have a big problem with charging it takes a lot of time compared to others lollipop roms , also I can't even charge my phone properly sometimes... It stops at 60-90 % and doesn't charge anymore.

Another problem is wifi , it works pretty well but sometimes it doesnt connect to known wifi. It is not a huge problem but annoys me.

And RIL problem. After rebooting I dont have and services so it takes some reboots to get everything work.

Guest Mourta

Well, after using your rom and kernel for some time I found some problems that can (maybe?) be solved in next builds.I did a clean install and I use recommended kernel options.

Firstly , I have a big problem with charging it takes a lot of time compared to others lollipop roms , also I can't even charge my phone properly sometimes... It stops at 60-90 % and doesn't charge anymore.

Another problem is wifi , it works pretty well but sometimes it doesnt connect to known wifi. It is not a huge problem but annoys me.

And RIL problem. After rebooting I dont have and services so it takes some reboots to get everything work.

1. Without knowing what CPQ/CPUFreq governors you are using i can't tell if your problem with charging is because you are not using a proper setup there or if it's because you are using a bad charger. I know that it's not my ROM, if it was then everyone would be experiencing the same problem.

2. Without logs your input is useless and will never get fixed.

The RIL problem is one that none of my testers have reported and i do believe that between us we have several thousands of reboots (i've got upwards 300 alone) and it's never been reported from a single one of my testers nor have i experienced it myself.

How on earth do you expect me to fix something that i cannot reproduce, that my testers cannot reproduce without even giving me a log where i can clearly figure out what the problem is for you?

Now, if you haven't wiped clean between using my ROM and other ROM's or if you have restored apps OR data in any shape or form then you can forget about providing me with a log, i'll note that and i'll shout at you for not being able to follow the instructions i gave.

Guest juantech

I only could find the problem of in the adjusts push the option of screen of color calibration and dont work,and the reboot what in my case shows the LG screen and its here all time but only if i reboot, if i boot no, i say not like problems only for inform of these fails for if more people have, the reboot can be what i have only me, but its the same i dont need the reboot.

Are 2 minimum bugs and to me are the same why in all aspects the ROM dont gave me problems.

Edited by juantech

Guest Mourta

When i go to record vídeo with the camera gives me the next error: the camera was stopped and i cant do video record for this, this is normal or only affects to me? I should do wipe other time?

Well, if you stopped being such a twat then it will surely resolve itself.

That is my diagnosis, it has worked for everyone who isn't a twat.

Guest juantech

Well, if you stopped being such a twat then it will surely resolve itself.

That is my diagnosis, it has worked for everyone who isn't a twat.

i edited the message why was solved itself xd you had the right mourta :)

Guest Mourta

i edited the message why was solved itself xd you had the right mourta :)

There you go. ;)

You can't do color calibration, we're using Tegra4 CMU, it's calibrated as it is.

The reboot problem is one that persists for now, it's mainly because i can't remove it or it would case some people a horrid experience where the device reboots and you get a very strange IPC glow in LCD problem.

This is a known problem, just hold down the power button to restart, we're at a testing version again where this is absolutely needed for testing.

I'm releasing Beanstalk on Monday and that may be a different matter if you want to try that instead.

Even if you don't, you really should, not because i need user input (i don't care what you think) but because it may be the new way to go.

Edited by Mourta

Guest tool_king

I'm releasing Beanstalk on Monday and that may be a different matter if you want to try that instead.

Would be nice if you could drop a line in your latest LS thread as well as soon as you have created your new BeanStalk thread.

Guest Mourta

Would be nice if you could drop a line in your latest LS thread as well as soon as you have created your new BeanStalk thread. [emoji106]

Absotively, i know that some of you are following the development by announcements in this thread. :)

Guest EnQeen

Yay it is Monday and I am really excited to see Beanstalk again on my device ...  ^_^

Guest NothingSerious

Oh , I thought we will get Beanstalk and further development will be stopped... :C

All Mourta's builds are being sent to testing before being released to the public. We haven't received any Beanstalk builds as of this post.

Besides, Beanstalk is not even an option in the poll.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest EnQeen

All Mourta's builds are being sent to testing before being released to the public. We haven't received any Beanstalk builds as of this post.

Besides, Beanstalk is not even an option in the poll.

Yah , I saw but Mourta mentioned Beanstalk so I was hyped :D

Anyway we will get something really awesome from him very soon ^^

Guest Mourta

Yah , I saw but Mourta mentioned Beanstalk so I was hyped :D

Anyway we will get something really awesome from him very soon ^^

To make a fair assessment of what is possible i will use this week to compile two ROM's that will be sent to testing, one is the Euphoria ROM and the other is SlimROM.

Neither of them will be standard though, i'm going to make some changes that specifically benefit people who prefer a clean ROM interface but with all functionality, perhaps even more functionality than the originals have.

Once that is settled i'll be continuing the process of cleaning out the kernel from code we don't use anymore and adding some new code to use functionality that exists but is unused in our hardware.

There is still plenty to come. ;)

Guest tool_king

To make a fair assessment of what is possible i will use this week to compile two ROM's that will be sent to testing, one is the Euphoria ROM and the other is SlimROM.

May I ask just out of interest, why you've chosen just these two ROMs?