[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [15/03/2015]

Guest fonz93

Hi guys, in this days i'm testing the performance of all governor-scheduler with antutu benchmark, but there is a problem... Most of the time the phone always restarts during the 3D test and so never fails to complete the test... How its possibile?

Edited by Xehrz

@ Xehrz how about that you stay on ondemand & do try it with sampling interval set to 25000 & up threshold set to 78. Performance metrics are shattered in some aspects & more dependent from way how secund core kicks in as bus & DDR scaling is tied to core & general CPU frequency scaling. Main reason why you won't find other more exotic ones is because they ware not beneficial (like smartass) or cased problems (like inteliondemand). You can try interactive for more aggressive scaling but I really don't recommend more than ondemand with those parameters & I did a lot of testing.

@ Xehrz how about that you stay on ondemand & do try it with sampling interval set to 25000 & up threshold set to 78. Performance metrics are shattered in some aspects & more dependent from way how secund core kicks in as bus & DDR scaling is tied to core & general CPU frequency scaling. Main reason why you won't find other more exotic ones is because they ware not beneficial (like smartass) or cased problems (like inteliondemand). You can try interactive for more aggressive scaling but I really don't recommend more than ondemand with those parameters & I did a lot of testing.

Now i'm using Interactive and fiops

Guest lolletto

Where is the option to disable animation?

Edit:

I activated the developer option. Why are not enabled by default? They are very useful to set kernel setting instead of use third part apps

Edited by lolletto

Edit:

I activated the developer option. Why are not enabled by default? They are very useful to set kernel setting instead of use third part apps

From Android 4.2 they are disabled by default in all ROMs (except some that decided to enable it by default)

Edited by fonz93

As promised: after a dirty install upgrade from R5 to R6, all works fine for me.

Thanks, so maybe was a mine problem, due to many dirty flashs trying things and debugging (maybe too much  :) )

Amazing rom! Should I activate zRam  and Fusion kernel pages? improve performance if they active?

It will, but KSM will decrease battery life

Notice: When you activate zRAM it automatically decrase swappiness to 30, don't know why, i am still investigating on it

Notice: When you activate zRAM it automatically decrase swappiness to 30, don't know why, i am still investigating on it

Ok, Thanks!!

excuse me, but only one thing.. what is dithering :/ ??

Very pleased with the speed of operation and opening applications. There is no lag at all. Well done for your efforts.

I use a cover and an application that turns on and off screen. With AOSP mod working properly. With CM happens that sometimes when the cover opens, screen does not turn on. At that moment by pressing the power button always lights up the screen. Tested with more applications to shutdown/lightup screen, but the problem still persists. But, that is not a big problem. The problem is that sometimes happens that in the conversation, screen is lit while the phone is placed near the ear, and then cheek touches the screen and sends not desired commands.

Thanks for very god rom ;)