[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [15/03/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest Abraxas0405

First big THX @fonz93 for this fantastic ROM.

I am running bulid 24/12/2014. So far i am quite happy with this ROM.

Because of WhatsApp calls i gave the latest build a try. Sorry, but this ROM didn't run as smooth as bulid 24/12/2014 for me.

So i want to test b. 19/02/2015

Where can i download this ROM?

Thanks.

Edited by Abraxas0405

Guest felipovicc

Hey guys, im facing an issue with the signal bars being gray all the time. I dont seem to get push notifications either. Im using this rom with gapps but it happenend already a few days ago on AOSP MOD... i swapped to this one and its happening again... cleared data on google services and playstore and wiped cache but the issue persisits.Any idea on how to fix it?

Guest lomax84

First big THX @fonz93 for this fantastic ROM.

I am running bulid 24/12/2014. So far i am quite happy with this ROM.

Because of WhatsApp calls i gave the latest build a try. Sorry, but this ROM didn't run as smooth as bulid 24/12/2014 for me.

So i want to test b. 19/02/2015

Where can i download this ROM?

Thanks.

19/02 runs fine, but dont flash high audio mod if you want whatsapp calls

Hey guys, im facing an issue with the signal bars being gray all the time. I dont seem to get push notifications either. Im using this rom with gapps but it happenend already a few days ago on AOSP MOD... i swapped to this one and its happening again... cleared data on google services and playstore and wiped cache but the issue persisits.Any idea on how to fix it?

Already tried a full wipe?

Guest felipovicc

Not yeet, but i found out the bars turn blue without simcard... so maybe its a problem with my network provider... it was working fine until 2 days ago. Anything else to try besides the wipe?

Edit: went back to twrp 2.7.1.0, made a full wipe, installed again. It was fine for like 1hr.. restored apps and stuff rebooted and its happening again. 

Edited by felipovicc

Guest JJFrosch

My phone also has the bug(?) of the grey bars but with the WiFi. Haven't use mobile data recently. The problem start a few days ago and I can still access internet but the notifications of mails or Google play for example aren't as often as before.

The weird thing is that I don't use this ROM but kra1o5. (I'm planing to use this ROM but will wait to next version jeje)

Guest Caras69

If the bars turns grey when no wifi or data on,that's normal,it turns blue when the phone has internet connection,atleast from what i've noticed.

Guest felipovicc

My phone also has the bug(?) of the grey bars but with the WiFi. Haven't use mobile data recently. The problem start a few days ago and I can still access internet but the notifications of mails or Google play for example aren't as often as before.

The weird thing is that I don't use this ROM but kra1o5. (I'm planing to use this ROM but will wait to next version jeje)

Exact same thing happening to me! I have connection on wifi and data, can browse the web without problem, google account is synced but the bars still grey and no notifications.

Guest fonz93

The grey data and wifi icon it's a common issue happening on all android devices, the icon are blue when your phone is sync with google servers, if not, they are grey.

There are not specific solutions, some say to clean google play services data, others say to clean google services framework. I recently faced this issue too (2 weeks ago for about 3 hours), but i switched my development to android 4.4+ and the bars there are always white.

Edited by fonz93

Guest bushibaa

The grey data and wifi icon it's a common issue happening on all android devices, the icon are blue when your phone is sync with google servers, if not, they are grey.

There are not specific solutions, some say to clean google play services data, others say to clean google services framework. I recently faced this issue too (2 weeks ago for about 3 hours), but i switched my development to android 4.4+ and the bars there are always white.

I saw this from sunnyden to fix the "!" in signal and wifi icon(lollipop), when phone cannot connect with google servers.

"frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/connectivity/NetworkMonitor.java" 

change  "DEFAULT_SERVER client3.google.com"

Guest fonz93

I saw this from sunnyden to fix the "!" in signal and wifi icon(lollipop), when phone cannot connect with google servers.

"frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/connectivity/NetworkMonitor.java" 

change  "DEFAULT_SERVER client3.google.com"

Link me this commit, i can't find it

Guest fonz93

I don't have problems about the "!" on my CM12.1, also there is no trace about that commit on CyanogenMod gerrit, i have to suppose that is a commit for chinese users only? maybe because they have problems with the standard servers? He says to modify the default server with this one "www.google.cn", not a smart change for european users, don't you think?

Edited by fonz93

Guest bushibaa

I don't have problems about the "!" on my CM12.1, also there is no trace about that commit on CyanogenMod gerrit, i have to suppose that is a commit for chinese users only? maybe because they have problems with the standard servers? He says to modify the default server with this one "www.google.cn", not a smart change for european users, don't you think?

I just think it may be helpful....       change it to other servers

Edited by bushibaa

Guest fonz93

I just think it may be helpful....       change it to other servers

Which ones? it uses google.com as standard servers, i can't change it to .es or .it or .uk, it would be silly

Guest bushibaa

Which ones? it uses google.com as standard servers, i can't change it to .es or .it or .uk, it would be silly

I read that if the server returns "http 204"(they said "null", i don't understand), it could be changed.

my poor english, I don't know how to describe it. it's about the function "isCaptivePortal()".

Edited by bushibaa

Guest felipovicc

Thanks, i gave up on trying to find a fix for it. And then all of a sudden they went blue again just by themselves. Staying on this rom though, amazing job Fonz!

Guest joseac

What's this? in most forums are not , I guess it's for the rom go faster right?

6) How do i enable FRANDOM? (Description:http://www.billauer.co.il/frandom.html) - I have implemented the same script created by moddingg33k, there are 2 methods to enable it: 1) Go to /data/property with a root explorer (CM File Manager it's ok, the important is that has root permissions) and create a file named "persist.synopsis.frandom", open it and give it value "1", now it's enabled at each boot, no more tricks needed. 2) Create a script that executes at each boot this command "start synopsis-frandom". 7) How do i enable Dynamic Fsync? Go to /data/property with a root explorer (CM File Manager it's ok, the important is that has root permissions) and create a file named "persist.synopsis.dynamic_fsync", open it and give it value "1", now it's enabled at each boot, no more tricks needed.

Edited by joseac

Guest fonz93

What's this? in most forums are not , I guess it's for the rom go faster right?

6) How do i enable FRANDOM? (Description:http://www.billauer.co.il/frandom.html) - I have implemented the same script created by moddingg33k, there are 2 methods to enable it: 1) Go to /data/property with a root explorer (CM File Manager it's ok, the important is that has root permissions) and create a file named "persist.synopsis.frandom", open it and give it value "1", now it's enabled at each boot, no more tricks needed. 2) Create a script that executes at each boot this command "start synopsis-frandom". 7) How do i enable Dynamic Fsync? Go to /data/property with a root explorer (CM File Manager it's ok, the important is that has root permissions) and create a file named "persist.synopsis.dynamic_fsync", open it and give it value "1", now it's enabled at each boot, no more tricks needed.

Peoples reported some lags after enabling frandom and dynamic fsync, so i just skipped that on the other threads to avoid reports about lag by htcmania users too

Edited by fonz93

Guest juanpablocastillo

Peoples reported some lags after enabling frandom and dynamic fsync, so i just skipped that on the other threads to avoid reports about lag by htcmania users too

For me works good.

Guest fonz93

Thanks for the help, reinstalling an app did the trick!

I'm sorry that i couldn't find a real solution, but because other users that have other phones got this bug too, it may be not an issue with the ROM but with google itself, also the user in that thread said that after latest google play service update all is working fine, so for now you can only wait that update.

Edited by fonz93