[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [15/03/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest fonz93

In the thread that i linked previously, an user posted a solution for the grey wifi icon: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/514030-grey-wifi-icon-gets-blue-after-apps-installation.html

It seems that latest Google Play Services versions doesn't start GTalkService (this service it's a part of GoogleServiceFramework.apk) at boot (even if it's enabled) and without it no push notifications are coming and you have grey data icons.

This seems to be a Jellybean issue anyway, no problems on Kitkat or Lollipop, also, it seems to not affect all the users

This: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-xonQbKq2U2dTh2TXUzUjMtNDg/view?usp=sharing

it's a flashable init.d script to start that service automatically at boot, it's a workaround until Google "fixes" it. It can be used on other Jellybean ROMs if you have the same problem (with the same i mean this one only, not similars).

Edited by fonz93

Guest krux3r

In the thread that i linked previously, an user posted a solution for the grey wifi icon: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/514030-grey-wifi-icon-gets-blue-after-apps-installation.html

It seems that latest Google Play Services versions doesn't start GTalkService (this service it's a part of GoogleServiceFramework.apk) at boot (even if it's enabled) and without it no push notifications are coming and you have grey data icons.

This seems to be a Jellybean issue anyway, no problems on Kitkat or Lollipop, also, it seems to not affect all the users

This: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-xonQbKq2U2dTh2TXUzUjMtNDg/view?usp=sharing

it's a flashable init.d script to start that service automatically at boot, it's a workaround until Google "fixes" it. It can be used on other Jellybean ROMs if you have the same problem (with the same i mean this one only, not similars).

So it can be used on Aosp Mod?

I have the issue but sometimes, not the whole time.

Guest fonz93

So it can be used on Aosp Mod?

I have the issue but sometimes, not the whole time.

I don't know if it's the same issue then, but the script just starts a service that should be started automatically, so in case you haven't the same issue, there are no problems if you keep that script in your system, it just does what should be done by Google Play Services.

Guest krux3r

I don't know if it's the same issue then, but the script just starts a service that should be started automatically, so in case you haven't the same issue, there are no problems if you keep that script in your system, it just does what should be done by Google Play Services.

Ok, thanks for the script.

Edit: When typing that code you posted in dialer, before it was empty, now after flashed that script it haves much text instead of black screen. And the bars are not grey anymore. Thanks.

Edited by krux3r

• 1 month later...

Ehi @fonz93, are you planning further updates for this rom? It works better than all other roms... Thanks 

Edited by Guest

Guest Flea997

Ehi @fonz93, are you planning further updates for this rom? It works better than all other roms... Thanks

Mmmh what do you want more? :)

Guest Mrsevic

Has the bug regarding the infinite loop after you deplete your battery completely been fixed?

The major thing that stops me using this, otherwise excellent ROm.

Guest killadroid

Has the bug regarding the infinite loop after you deplete your battery completely been fixed?

The major thing that stops me using this, otherwise excellent ROm.

even when i had my zte blade,cm10.1 had this problem.just dont use the battery till it's completely empty

Guest blind Pete

Mmmh what do you want more? :)

Is this a finished project?  Will it get security fixes if problems show up?  I'm using it and it looks good to me.  Does anyone recommend moving onto something else for a daily driver?

Guest Sakuraji917

sorry. but, for high audio you have to install audio high flashable.zip or dsp manager.zip ?

What changes Between The Two ?
thank you all; )

Guest fonz93

sorry. but, for high audio you have to install audio high flashable.zip or dsp manager.zip ?

What changes Between The Two ?

thank you all; )

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/features/dsp-equalizer

They are 2 different things, the high audio provides libraries that will increase the sound volume, DSP Manager is an equalizer.

Read carefully this, don't come back here saying that VoIP doesn't work.

- HIGH AUDIO FLASHABLE (Y300/G510 Only) (It breaks Whatsapp voice calls and other VoIP apps, flash it at your own risk, if you want to back to stock libraries, just flash the ROM without any wipe)

Is this a finished project?  Will it get security fixes if problems show up?

Security fixes? Am i Huawei or Google?  :blink:

I am a simply user, how can you think that i will update this ROM forever, Huawei doesn't do this, why should i?

Edited by fonz93

Guest Sakuraji917

sorry fonz93.

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/features/dsp-equalizer

They are 2 different things, the high audio provides libraries that will increase the sound volume, DSP Manager is an equalizer.

Read carefully this, don't come back here saying that VoIP doesn't work.

I am a simply user, how can you think that i will update this ROM forever, Huawei doesn't do this, why should i?

let's see if I understand correctly .
dsp manager all install it then when you hear the music you open it and turn up the volume .
HIGH AUDIO flashable .
It serves to increase the phone's audio during calls and no good to increase the audio for the songs .

Guest Sakuraji917

I do not change anything . until now I just flashed the high audio package .
What changed between then the other package ?

thanks ; ) for the clarification !

Guest blind Pete
[snip]

No.  I do not expect you to do anything.  I am delighted that you have done as much as you have, and hope that you will continue. 

If anyone (especially you) has an opinion about moving to a newer ROM, please say.

Thank you. 

Guest SIMONPRO

Hey fonz is there a way to fix this. When i use the any app the move to home there is some kind of image slowly disappear. I dont know if i explain well

Guest fonz93

I dont know if i explain well

Unfortunately, you didn't

No.  I do not expect you to do anything.  I am delighted that you have done as much as you have, and hope that you will continue. 

If anyone (especially you) has an opinion about moving to a newer ROM, please say.

Thank you. 

We have hacks over hacks on this phone, if you want a stable ROM, stay with AOSP or Custom ROMs with Android 4.2.2, SlimKat and CM11 are good too, but VoIP is not working there.

Edited by fonz93

Guest SIMONPRO

It when i am exit from app sometime the fading left some image of the app and slowly disappear. Example when you exit from recovery there is some fading of recovery left and slowly fading away. I unchecked 16bit transparent in performance, does that cause this

Guest fonz93

It when i am exit from app sometime the fading left some image of the app and slowly disappear. Example when you exit from recovery there is some fading of recovery left and slowly fading away. I unchecked 16bit transparent in performance, does that cause this

I don't know, disabling the 16 bit transparency should fix some framebuffer issues (if they're present) but i didn't get what is your problem