[ROM][4.2.2][F.I.R.E.] Funtouch OS [Repack]

Guest dakok

Guest 77chedu

For the GPS slowness, despite having changed its conf, you can try a fix that's been around for some time for mtk chips (*). And that's changing dalvik execution mode to "fast"

So add this line to your build.prop

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Runtime score on antutu will drop significatively, but you shouldn't notice it too much performance-wise for your everyday use

There're build prop editors on the market, if you don't know how to do it or use the zip patch provided on this thread over at the spanish forum

(*) you can google " dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast mediatek", and you'll get lots of results related to a proposed fix to some apps like endomondo or runtastic. Incidentally, it also happens to solve the issue of not being able to use post 8 maps version on other Jelly Bean roms

Guest 77chedu

I've uploaded a new repack, if someone is interested

https://mega.co.nz/#!8dRiUbRS!BcoWYHWFehrjuIP8ZVuG10WSskGpQHaig310l7V9E0I

I've fixed a couple of things, added lenovo camera/gallery and got rid of some VIVO services/apps

For Titanium's backups to restore you'd have to use the app download from the market. I think it might have to do with the vivo gms thing that you need to get apps working

Thanks dakok & 77chedu for repacks.

How's the battery usage, camera quality & autofocus speed? Similar to stock 4.2.2 041, KK or worse, like AOSP 4.2.2?

No problems with apps & WSM modules?

Could anyone show antutu detailed results?

Edited by xeros2

Guest 77chedu

As far as repacks goes, first version has stock 41 camera. Battery wasn't great, so I've tried to fine tune it in sucesive versions

For the second version, I opted for Lenovo's with its libraries, because it has its own gallery and I don't see much difference in quality

I have a third "almost AOSP" version, back with CP camera (you'd need to download a gallery, such as quickpic), with most of funtouch stuff gone, except its superb sound settings. I can upload it later, if you're interested

Apps problems: titanium has to be downloaded from the play store. Otherwise, a local install of a pro copy, won't let you restore anything . It may have to do with how gapps need to be setup with this rom. But the other goodies are available. It could be a downside if you have lots of backup apps with data, because it's way slower than batch restore. But normally, there're not too many of those

Some settings entries are either unavailable by design (VIVO) or because they have been removed (related to uninstalled roms apps). But you can easily add a shortcut to your home screen with nova to some of them; accesibility, for instance

I would like to have put a regular black aosp-like settings, but, frankly, I don't know how to

Edited by 77chedu

Thanks, I was hoping not only for sound quality & tuning (but that's indeed great), but also photo quality & some other things from those Funtouch addons visible on screenshots to use as replacement for usually installed additional apps on clean ROMs:

iManager, Multitask Window, App Management, CPU Mode, Ad Reject, etc.

Are they useful & not consuming battery (by many wakelocks etc.)?

On screenshots they look impressive.

How does task manager (iManager?) perform on this ROM? quick & easy to use (like oneclick widget or sth), no hickups or other issues? can it have whitelisted apps that shouldn't be killed?

Regarding Titanium Backup - thanks for info, but I usually install apps manually anyway (when changing so different ROMs) and only for some of them (not much system integrated) I restore data backups - takes more time, but safer and less error prone in case if ROM is too much different than previous one.

Sorry for many questions, but I need to have 100% working phone all the time and don't have time for changing ROMs.