[ROM] [4.4.2] [OFFICIAL] Micromax Canvas Nitro (A310) Stock Rom

Guest slime00

Guest slime00

in arpione's video patch for the 4.2.2, the two files updated are:

system - lib - libmali.so

system - lib - modules - mali.ko

are those files in the lenovo? we could try if replacing them could work (rootexplorer should do the work)

Edited by slime00

I can't open lib/modules ???

A806 libMali.so

Thanks a lot!

I have replaced that libMali.so lib on laek.17+Alg0r1thm AOSPv4+v3 kernel.

It works but there's no significant performance difference (Antutu 5.2.0 3D: 6362-6376 -> 6168-6417, Epic Citadel: 58->55.8-56.2FPS).

So the thing to blame for performance is most likely kernel module (which unfortunately is builtin in KK ROMs on both phones).

Do you still have that Lenovo A806?

Would you check also these?

cat /sys/module/mali/version

and all files from /sys/module/mali/parameters:

cd /sys/module/mali/parameters; for i in ../version *; do echo -n "$i = "; cat $i; done

We have on F1 KK:

version = -6870fee

CPI_level0_threshold = 111411

CPI_level1_threshold = 131072

loading_threshold = 80

mali_debug_level = 2

mali_dedicated_mem_size = 0

mali_dedicated_mem_start = 0

mali_l2_max_reads = 28

mali_max_job_runtime = 4000

mali_max_pp_cores_group_1 = 4

mali_max_pp_cores_group_2 = 0

mali_shared_mem_size = 2147483648

Edit:

I'm also interrested in those values from JB ROMs.

I have changed mali_debug_level to 0, but it didn't bring any difference in performance.

Edited by xeros2

I'll look into it :)

If this looks interesting, please add it to an appropriate topic or make a new one since

this stuff won't be easy to find later.

Edited by dakok

Ok, copied to topic about kernel.

I wish we had modular kernel in KK ROMs. Then we could do kernel modding easier (even without having complete kernel sources).

in arpione's video patch for the 4.2.2, the two files updated are:

system - lib - libmali.so

system - lib - modules - mali.ko

are those files in the lenovo? we could try if replacing them could work (rootexplorer should do the work)

Be careful with lib replacing on live system. I did it from terminal and it made hang (even no reaction for power button press for more than a minute - needed to remove battery), because lib was in use, but I was aware it may do that and it was just small single lib which I have compared binarily first and I knew that I will be able to revert it via TWRP recovery terminal.

If there would be more libs for replacement then for sure I would script it to rename current libs (not copy to keep inodes with previous content in use), copy new ones & update permissions at once.

Edited by xeros2

u0_a141@A806:/ $ cat /sys/module/mali/version
-VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_7.32.1_ST_A808t-i_A53-2-g91f3dd4
u0_a141@A806:/ $

rameters; for i in ../version *; do echo -n "$i = "; cat $i; done <
../version = -VIBEUI_V2.0_1443_7.32.1_ST_A808t-i_A53-2-g91f3dd4
loading_threshold = 80
mali_debug_level = 2
mali_l2_max_reads = 28
u0_a141@A806:/sys/module/mali/parameters $

and F1 values are:

We have on F1 KK:
version = -6870fee
loading_threshold = 80
mali_debug_level = 2
mali_l2_max_reads = 28

Edited by dakok

Guest johnickz

They are trying to implement driver libs for the Mali GPU from other phone that has the same GPU but best performance in 3D than our KK roms have..

Jelly Bean versions, the 3D performace was amazing, but the KKs releases the drivers arent fast enough to play intensive games without lags..

Anyway, I still doubt that we will be able to improve it.

We all should keep sending performance issue reports to Coolpad, Himax & Micromax pointing kernel drivers issues and additionally requesting kernel sources!

I'm very pissed by not only 3D but also storage & network I/O performance on KK ROMs (even with any kind of running kernel side tweaks).

Much slower storage & network I/O on KK will finally force me to downgrade to JB 4.2.2 ROMs in next few weeks.

Edited by xeros2

Guest slime00

yes, I agree with that. Unfortunately it seems impossible to forward a mail to coolpad customer service, it always bounces back :( I can send this to a moderator of their forum, hoping they could forward the message to engineeers, but bomibing them with mail would be better, if possible!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oopsgeneration88

guyz anyone who has problem in installing drivers there is a installer driver package in canvas nitro installed rom... after rooting your phone open device go to system folder & then you will see a folder named mobile_toolkit... . there is a file named iamcdrom.iso now just extract the conents of this file & install drivers...

Hello! I am looking for Micromax A310 stock rom in zip format for flash in custom recovery, where can I find it? I want to modify the rom. Or how can I converter the CPB file into zip format for flash in custom recovery? Thank you!

Edited by hjthzz

Guest prshkr07

Hello! I am looking for Micromax A310 stock rom in zip format for flash in custom recovery, where can I find it? I want to modify the rom. Or how can I converter the CPB file into zip format for flash in custom recovery? Thank you!

in case you haven't found it till now. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=767086223369598&id=686755781402643&refid=17

• 2 weeks later...
Guest korekore1

new OTA update with new kernel for a310 aosp --> 032

updates google security and enhances battery performance

Waiting for the cpb to show up..!

Edited by korekore1

Guest m@nish123

Where u got ??

Guest m@nish123

share me kernel

Guest korekore1

it is available from settings/system updates but i can't download it because i've made some changes to the rom.Other users have downloaded it but it probably needs official a310 recovery from the cpb to install it.

I'm waiting for the full cpb to come out,when i see it available i will post the link

Edited by korekore1

Guest korekore1

from mmx fb page:

Guys ppl on stock V1 ROM can only
update their device to V3(32),dunno why update is not there for stock v2(31).

so ppl on atock V2 wait for the flashable zip or CPB format,we will provide it shortly or u can flash stock v1 from moulinsky.com Via YGDP tool.(scroll down to our page there is unbrick guide) u can flash for V1.
it is recommended for all to update to V3(32) cz MMX has fixed all bugs.battery etc.

stock recovery for nitro- http://d-h.st/V8f
if anyone has flashed cwm/twrp and having problem while update on V1 can unroot and flash stock recovery.

Guest tushar12

ya I also view that post but its unofficial page,that work for development, maintenance for nitro.we have to wait for some dev or that MMX page to make cwm zip for us.