Mourta-Kernel-3.4 A new beginning [update 2015-03-12]

Guest Mourta

Alright, also pmed you a last question if you don't mind :)

Answered and i don't mind PM's about these kinds of things. :)

Take care.

Edited by Mourta

Over 500 new updates, sound fixed, KSM optimized, power optimizations across the board, new configuration, undervolting and GPU overclocking is now in testing.

Seems stable to me but there may be problems with the automatic undervolting so i'm keeping this in testing until Giuseppe tells me it's done.

Guest SuperLamic

Hey @Mourta did you see that new sources for our kernel were released? If yes is there anything which can help us to get the kernel better?

Thank you for your excellent work, I have lags on all kernels for our phone (with active development), not all time, but when it comes I can't use my phone. Your kernel is only one which is OK.

Hey @Mourta did you see that new sources for our kernel were released? If yes is there anything which can help us to get the kernel better?

Thank you for your excellent work, I have lags on all kernels for our phone (with active development), not all time, but when it comes I can't use my phone. Your kernel is only one which is OK.

No, i haven't seen that, i'll check out the LG site now.

Is it the kernel with the Tegra 4 blobs?

Blobs are the binary parts that are copied into the ROM, the part between the kernel and hardware.

It's compatible with the new blobs, if that is what you're wondering.

Guest fritzcola

Blobs are the binary parts that are copied into the ROM, the part between the kernel and hardware.

It's compatible with the new blobs, if that is what you're wondering.

Yeah thats what i meant!!

Works great!!

@Mourta

Any recommendations concerning I/O scheduler and TCP Congestion Control?

For everyday use with quite good battery life and good performance it's row/interactive/balanced/westwood.

For pure performancy you want row/ondemand/runnable/westwood.

For benchmarking you want deadline/ondemand/runnable/westwood.

Row produce results as it uses the actual filesystem storage database that is in itself cached, deadline works great for benchmarking because none of your usage is then cached, it's a random read that you are not going to experience in normal usage, this was known when ROW replaced SIO after VR was made irrelevant for the standard use on all flash memory in Linux based systems.

You may find other solutions that will give you better benchmarks but from the code itself, this is what i recommend, you should get reasonable performance and good battery life from my recommendation.

I've been working on rewriting the whole 3.10 code to work with the type of hotplugging that abyssplugv2 uses and found myself rewriting the driver of abyssplugv2 as well to get something that actually works with the advanced code we're now using.

I can pretty much guarantee that eventually, you'll want to use abyssplugv2 for every single task both for performance and for battery life, i rewrote it once and i will be damned if i won't do it again. ;)

It's just that i have all these things to do now that i figured out that if i do bring everything up to the latest date of code that will work with our device then i can just diff it and implement that on any native codebase.

That mens that i can spend less than a few hours to go from this to 3.16 which is directly compatible with the latest AOSP codebase and will be diectly upgradeable to whatever version you want to reach by simply applying patches.

@Mourta

Do you plan to integrate CPU OC feature into 3.4 kernel?

Sure, there is no problem doing so, it's directly implementable as a patch from my 3.1.10 kernel, if that is a request i'll implement it.

I just removed gpu overclocking though, it may come back but at this point in time the code doesn't allow for userbased overclocking, it needs to be set in DVFS.

Guest 1Machine
Hi Mourta ,just wondering if our phone could support double tap to wake or sweep to wake ? ,If it can could you please support it in your kernel ,Big Fan of your work  :D

Guest tool_king

Hi Mourta ,just wondering if our phone could support double tap to wake or sweep to wake ? ,If it can could you please support it in your kernel ,Big Fan of your work :D

Some versions of Iodak kernel have already supported DTTW in the past. Just search for it on xda.

The price you have to pay for DTTW is worse battery life. So imho it just isn't worth it.

Some versions of Iodak kernel have already supported DTTW in the past. Just search for it on xda.

The price you have to pay for DTTW is worse battery life. So imho it just isn't worth it.

Normal ddtw uses touchscreen to awake, when I tried friend's lg optimus l9 ii I noticed that it uses microphone for that. How iodak's dttw works?

Guest tool_king

Normal ddtw uses touchscreen to awake, when I tried friend's lg optimus l9 ii I noticed that it uses microphone for that. How iodak's dttw works?

It worked with the touchscreen as well.

Guest ottomanhero

A side note on double tap to wake, it doesn't even work properly.Your phone's CPU has to be online (no deepsleep, horrible battery life) plus after enabling it then a few reboots, your touchscreen stops working until you disable it (I did it by flashing another kernel)

Guest ottomanhero

Will the Kernel be compatible with Android Lollipop?

I'm not gonna blame you for not reading through 10 pages of this thread but you could atleast use the search button.

Yes it'll be in future versions, you can find info on it in almost every page.