[ROM][4.2.2][Lzy] Color OS 2.0 [Repack]

Guest dakok

Guest cnoiprocs

No problem over here.

What did you do to bypass the problem?

I did what you told me.. I've remove the PIN from the SIM card and despite the fact that I have full signal and I see all my contacts, when I call someone, my screen turns black and I can not restore it in any way. Keep in mind that while this happens, the phone is operational. I mean that I can talk to the contact I dial as long as I want. But I cannot see anything in the screen and after I terminate the call the phone is not responding.

Its too bad because I really liked the ROM and wanted to keep it.

Also I have tried to wipe everything and install the ROM from the beginning but without any luck..

Every time,

after a normal shut down of the phone,

when i trying to start the phone with the power button, then the phone is going in one loop like this:

after the first boot logo, the screen is closing and the phone is rebooting again and again.

The solution is to boot to the recovery with power + volume up and from there to make a system reboot!!

Any idea why?

Funny. I didn't notice that because I was using rebooter.

Now I switched it off with power button and it when I turn it on

it shows boot screen and then back to off state.

Really funny :D

It doesn't even reboot.

Then vol+ & power button to TWRP, reboot to system and it boots fine 

Color OS, see you later...

P.S.

Screen acts fine during calls...

Guest korekore1

Funny. I didn't notice that because I was using rebooter.

Now I switched it off with power button and it when I turn it on

it shows boot screen and then back to off state.

Really funny :D

It doesn't even reboot.

Then vol+ & power button to TWRP, reboot to system and it boots fine 

Color OS, see you later...

P.S.

Screen acts fine during calls...

the same happens with Lzy's aosp 4.4.2 that i am testing right now..!What did he mess up?!

One more thing.

The bluetooth wasn't opening,i saw it on the chinese forum too,but i deleted cache and data from the bluetooth application and then booted to recovery and deleted cache and dalvik and then bluetooth was working.

I'm not sure if it was the apps cache/data wipes or the recovery's wipes that made it work.

I also dirty flashed the rom again during that reboot just to be sure that i did all the old tricks,so i don't really know what fixed it

Edited by korekore1

Guest mindtrapper

How to solve WhatsApp FC in this rom? Also any chance xposed would work for Greenify donate & experimental features? I want to have notifications without the apps running in the background, darn it! :)

Thinking of giving this rom another chance if I could solve those two issues...

A dev could be handy here. I like this rom a lot, but no direct access to SIM (probably the cause for whatsapp fail)

makes me stay away from it...

I found another version at apkhot (new version) which works fine but has the same symptoms

I think that this SIM matter is ColorOS feature, not a bug

Maybe there is a solution at some ColorOS forum topic?

Well, I found something to try:

• Jay-ind proposes ColorOS 1.4 for working whatsapp 
  • Disa - Unified Messenger (has whatsapp)
  • Whatsapp plus
Edited by dakok

Guest mindtrapper

Supposedly, it works in v1.4... Care to test it? :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2771424

http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/2871

EDIT: Haha, didn't refresh and thought I was being really clever finding v1.4 and (secretly) researching WhatsApp Plus... :) I will check out Disa too, thanks!

Edited by mindtrapper

Guest baniko

I copy (with the help of google) what wrote a guy (jpower73) in the Greek forum www.myphone.gr:

"

About inability to read the Sim from color os, I have found the following:
From that seems characteristic of this oppo .. did not read Sim directly, but via telephone and ... Cloud
Let me explain ..
There is an application installed with name cloud service. In the first phase, calls to account oppo. Okay, we do one, is jumbo.
Entering the application has options for bukap restor and everything.
About the contacts, do the first reading by Sim, transfer to phone and upload stoklaount
Something similar to gougl, only more elegant.

VRKxM8.png

"

I haven't tried this, but maybe it will help you.

Edited by baniko

Guest mindtrapper

I copy (with the help of google) what wrote a guy (jpower73) in the Greek forum www.myphone.gr:

"

From that seems characteristic of this oppo .. did not read Sim directly, but via telephone and ... Cloud

Let me explain ..

There is an application installed with name cloud service. In the first phase, calls to account oppo. Okay, we do one, is jumbo.

About the contacts, do the first reading by Sim, transfer to phone and upload stoklaount

VRKxM8.png

"

I am Greek, I remember the post. Seems that would only help if you want to move your contacts and be done with the SIM. Unless it somehow permanently unlocks access to the SIM from other apps...

Guest mindtrapper

Hm, I will de-odex it tomorrow evening when I return home and check the files. Or you could check xda, it's easy, there are some utilities that i used when I was modding Sony Xperia official Rom.

Is sound the same as v2? Camera?

Tried several tools but it won't go.

ColorOS 1.4 is from Odd Rabbit forum, so rom zip is protected.

I flashed it, copied apps and framework folder from phone to PC and attempted to deodex contacts and contacts provoder apk 

but no luck

I can upload that two folders. Do you need anything else?

Camera (probably drivers) is bad - sound is OK

dont try whatsapp plus, it triggers the error message

that you cant easily get rid of.

Disa is fine and Viber is fine, at least it was when I tried it

few days ago

Guest Jpower73

"

Let me explain ..

VRKxM8.png

"

In other words, 

Cloud service application, is the only valid method that can read the contacts from sim and transfer (copy) them to the internal (accessible)  storage of the phone.  Besides it creates a cloud copy of them for security reasons at oppos cloud. 

Since, we all are familiar with Google cloud services 'n'  stuff,  this scenario wont be a problem.. 

P. S.  Dont forget to mention that at first time I used a 3rd party application from Google Play in order to access sim contents and copy a part of then in the internal. Oppos cloud service did the same avoiding to overwrite or doublewrite the previously transfered contacts... ! 

Edited by Jpower73

I did the most simple way - Contacts -> Export SIM contacts to phone. You have to click at every single contact (I have about 250 and it took 2 minutes)

and when you are done they will appear in contacts list.