[Poll] The Best Coolpad F1 rom is... (Outdated!)

Guest dakok

Power to the people... :D

You can select several roms and you can see who voted, too

EDIT (May 10th 2015):

Korekore1 said:

This thread's poll has become extremely outdated and inaccurate.

Most of the top roms in the poll have serious issues in their latest version,except a very small amount of them,

like a310v3 that is a finished rom that will never get updated again.

I think it would be better for this thread to be deleted entirely or a warning added to the thread's title saying that

the poll is old and it doesn't represent the current state of most roms featured.

Edited by dakok

We'll make Best Rom Poll 2

:D

Poll has two more Sub-Polls (each 20 items) so it is kind of future-proof :)

Here is YDSS forum Rom Poll.

It seems that we have a very different taste...

post-1003165-0-31672900-1412354410_thumb

Edited by dakok

Guest martinoff

attachicon.gifClipboard-1.jpg

i havee tested some coolUI but they all have gone within 15min 

Guest Arpione

Anyone make Jonzalvo's camera improved some way??

Because I remembered a long time ago when I used Jonzalvo that was crap!!

I made 2 patches to improve the camera and 3d performance, you can get them here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6ZpvMRRlFJ_aXBla2hYeUI5YUk&usp=drive_web

The built-in camera app has hardcoded values for JPEG compression so it'll still make bad pictures so you have to use another one.

ps: patches can be installed from CWM/TWRP

Edited by Arpione

I made 2 patches to improve the camera and 3d performance, you can get them here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6ZpvMRRlFJ_aXBla2hYeUI5YUk&usp=drive_web

The built-in camera app has hardcoded values for JPEG compression so it'll still make bad pictures so you have to use another one.

ps: patches can be installed from CWM/TWRP

Thank you for these patches, Arpione.

I meant to ask you, you said they wouldn't make any difference to the camera app itself but other apps would benefit from the patches, is that right?

I tried OpenCam and the filesize for the pictures went up to over 4MB per photo.

Have you tried this app or is there more benefit to be gained from using a different one?

Guest slime00

attachicon.gifClipboard-1.jpg

yes, i believe that the multilanguage factor (not present in china, since all roms have chinese) favors AOSP's in the rest of the world. Also, I believe chinese users give maybe more importance to the graphical "impact" rather than the performance of the device, you could notice this looking the chinese apps included in roms, usually very colored and with a lot of images and animations. They have a strong sense of personalization, every big manifacturer has his own rom, usually the software is considered as important as the hardware.  We look for speed and maximum performances, which usually translates in AOSP. The good/bad with AOSP is that you know what you have in hand, even if you change a phone every day: the phone loses its "personality", but usually gains usability. That's why roms like cyanogen (AOSP base but with a lot of space for customizations) seem to satisfy both parts!

Guest Arpione

I meant to ask you, you said they wouldn't make any difference to the camera app itself but other apps would benefit from the patches, is that right?

I tried OpenCam and the filesize for the pictures went up to over 4MB per photo.

Have you tried this app or is there more benefit to be gained from using a different one?

Yes, that's right.

The file size went up because it doesn't lock compression to a value less than 100% like the built-in camera does.

I haven't tried it, but if I'm not mistaken all camera apps produce the images the same way, the difference between them is only in the UI and configurability. Back when I was using the stock CoolUI rom I made a test with the built-in camera app, Camera FV5 and another one I can't remember and the pictures they produced looked the same and had roughly the same size.

Guest pletko

No issues other than the camera crashes when I try to use panoramic mode and I've had two random reboots but i'm guessing that is my battery's fault

Guest Milanche78

Regarding the baterry, on Baidu i had easy 2days, now on Jonzalvo aosp 4.2.2 might be 24 hours, its on 45% after 12h including the night and rom flash, dont know if viper4android and gravitybox might cause this.

Regarding the baterry, on Baidu i had easy 2days, now on Jonzalvo aosp 4.2.2 might be 24 hours, its on 45% after 12h including the night and rom flash, dont know if viper4android and gravitybox might cause this.

Use the built-in Battery monitor and the likes of CPU Spy, Better Battery Stats and Wakelock Detector (or similar apps) to diagnose what's draining your battery.

Guest jakethedooggg

+1 in other. Cause MLAIS 4.4.3 rom :) but it has a nice battery drain dunno if it can reach 4h of screen (need to test).

Edited by jakethedooggg