[PATCH] Performance improvement patches for jonzalvo's PURE AOSP 2.0 - Updated on 2014.10.09.

Guest Arpione

Guest Milanche78

Hmm, funny thing happened when I wanted to check the battery stats, before that i was playing a little with the xposed installer and had to reset the phone, so the battery stats would start from zero every time I reset the phone.

Guest korekore1

Hmm, funny thing happened when I wanted to check the battery stats, before that i was playing a little with the xposed installer and had to reset the phone, so the battery stats would start from zero every time I reset the phone.

well..shouldn't they?

Guest BrocasHelm

On pure aosp v2 it resets at each reboot, while on KK roms that I tried(laek v4 and micromax decrap) it doesn't but starts counting after each full charge.

Has anyone tested the app on F-droid called "Camera - Stock Camera 4.4.2"? I've been trying it out and although it compresses the filesize compared to the post-patch app in my phone, the clarity in good light of things like small writing seems to be pretty good. I'm not really an expert in these things though so if someone who has tested a few other apps could have a look that might be helpful

Edited by dmrtn

Guest KennyPowers2000

Has anyone managed to get GPS to work with this ROM?

Just brings up the cross hair but doesn't lock on to any sattellites.

Also, is it possible to change LED colour?

Thanks

Edited by KennyPowers2000

Guest KennyPowers2000

Not working on mine, just says waiting for location in Google Maps, with the circular GPS icon flashing in the top left corner. Perhaps I'm in a GPS blackspot though, I'll check later.

Any idea how to change LED colour?

Thanks

Not working on mine, just says waiting for location in Google Maps, with the circular GPS icon flashing in the top left corner. Perhaps I'm in a GPS blackspot though, I'll check later.

Any idea how to change LED colour?

Thanks

Think we only have red and green LED at the moment. If you don't have those there is some mention of how to enable it in the Needrom page of the Pure AOSP.

Guest korekore1

Think we only have red and green LED at the moment. If you don't have those there is some mention of how to enable it in the Needrom page of the Pure AOSP.

can't find that,can u paste it here?

can't find that,can u paste it here?

On mobile, having trouble with pasting for some reason. Go to the main thread and current last post by Dalyer from 2hrs ago approx, links to two ROMs, the Pure one, then in the comments section there's a bit about LEDs

Edited by dmrtn

Guest KennyPowers2000

Tried the phone at a different location, still doesn't get a GPS fix. I tried with an Ipad, and that got as GPS fix quite quick. I am pressing the GPS power widget button, and when using Google Maps, it just flashes the GPS symbol in top left, but it never goes stable :(

Could my phone have a dud GPS chip in it, or is it worth re-flashing or trying a different rom considering no-one has this problem?

Thanks

KP

Guest Arpione

KennyPowers2000: make a screenshot of GPS Test from the play store after running it for 1-2 minutes. Don't forget to check "Keep screen on" in the settings.

Edited by Arpione

Guest KennyPowers2000

Ok, will do when i get home in a couple of hours, thanks

KP

EDIT, just went out in an open car park, no buildings etc. Installed the GPS Test app, and could see the vaious satellites and their signal strengths being picked up. After a couple of minutes, I got a GPS fix (the little symbol in the top left screen remained stable)

So it seems it is working :)

Thanks all

KP

Edited by KennyPowers2000

Guest Maringer

Bear in mind that phones take longer to obtain a fix if you are indoors. Interference from the building affects the signal strength.

Stand outside, use GPS Test, update AGPS data then wait for a couple of minutes (ensuring the screen stays on). Ought to obtain an initial fix without problems.

Personally, I also use FasterGPS to set the local NTP pool for my country which ought to speed up the time to a fix (root required to use this app then a reboot required after use).

Edited by Maringer

Hello. I installed the Gallery of this topic and when I execute it says app not installed. I try to install it again and it says "App not installed", so I can't install it again.

Any suggestions? Please help me, I se no way out. I flash it with CWM, succesfully flashed it says, but when I turn the phone on the Camera app and gallery are not installed.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pepe93

which rom have

jonzalvo's PURE AOSP 2.0 or jonzalvo's  AOSP 2.0  .

do you first remove the gallery with system removes apk and put the video driver 40 , the camera 41 and the gallery

after insertion do you tried Clear cache and Devilk

which rom have

jonzalvo's PURE AOSP 2.0 or jonzalvo's  AOSP 2.0  .

do you first remove the gallery with system removes apk and put the video driver 40 , the camera 41 and the gallery

after insertion do you tried Clear cache and Devilk

I have the PURE AOSP 2.0.

I flashed the new camera app with the original, then I tried removing the original and flash again but always the same...

I'll try now cleaning devilk cache.

I installed a Gallery2.apk I found on Internet and only the gallery works, not the camera, so I think I could fix this if I had a Gallery2.apk of this rom without Gallery2.odex file.

Edit: This is working for me now. Thank God this apk exists, God bless slime00!

I just found an EMUI camera+gallery (for 4.2) to replace the stock ones in Jonzalvo's AOSP, which is poor. It seems to give a boost in photo performances, if you want to try it make a backup first and then delete gallery2.apk (and the odex file) from system/app folder and replace it with this, give the right permissions (just look the other files in the folder if you don't know what to give) and reboot.

download: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5LJgOGBjYOBNEhlZ0FZaUJfZmc/edit

Sorry martinoff, don't have any of the two right now and my upload speed is awfully slow... you could download it with IDM or from your phone using Loaderdroid (best option for me, it always go at almost the maximum speed and you don't have to transfer your rom since you have it in the phone!)

Edited by pepe93