Peculiar display glitch - not sure how to explain - see photos

Guest seanspotatobusiness

I'm having a peculiar issue with the screen. I have no idea what triggers it but occasionally the display does this:

9sM6Hs2m.jpg wp8yvsHm.jpg

The touch locations stay in their proper places so for example in image 1 in order to use the app drawer I have to press the centre of the bottom of the screen as usual even though the icon is displayed on the left. Switching the screen off and then back on again clears the glitch for a while (maybe an hour or so). I've only had the tablet in my possession for about 15 hours. I guess I'll have to RMA it?

I have the kids bumper cover on, in case you're wondering why it looks strange. The cover is blue, not black as it appears in the photograph.

Edited by seanspotatobusiness

Okay, thanks a lot! In this situation I can use Titanium Backup to save all my apps so I don't have to spend time reconfiguring the new one right?

Guest Double Q

I too have noticed a screen glitch but this seems to occur when I lock the screen using the power button. Once the screen goes dark, it flashes on quickly with white horizontal lines. Rebooting seems to fix the issue. I think this may occur when i change launchers but I havent been able to recreate the issue consistently. Does anyone else have this issue and is it a hardware fault?

• 2 months later...
Guest a__gun

I too have noticed a screen glitch but this seems to occur when I lock the screen using the power button. Once the screen goes dark, it flashes on quickly with white horizontal lines. Rebooting seems to fix the issue. I think this may occur when i change launchers but I havent been able to recreate the issue consistently. Does anyone else have this issue and is it a hardware fault?

I've had this as well. Exactly as you say, white lines when locking/unlocking the tablet and also with some full screen operations (controls fading in and out on full screen videos). A restart fixed it but would still be good to know what's going on...

Guest Desolutional

I've had this as well. Exactly as you say, white lines when locking/unlocking the tablet and also with some full screen operations (controls fading in and out on full screen videos). A restart fixed it but would still be good to know what's going on...

It's a universal issue due to the GPU drivers which utilise the Intel HD graphics core. It usually only happens when changing launchers; as you say, a reboot fixes it by flushing cache.