LiquidSmooth 3.2 featuring Mourta-Kernel 3.4.x (updated 2014-10-15)

Guest Mourta

After flashing kernel ( of course Yours ) it seems to be fine. I had to wipe all again and this time did not restore google stuff from google account. So far it's ok. Fast as hell :D

Oh yeah, it's the fastest this phone has ever seen, that much is for sure.

It's also got a decent battery life and separate kernel modes.

I have a feeling i'm going to have to rewrite the dev tree once again, half of the crap it's calling shouldn't be there and the other half is calling objects that do not exist in my kernel.

Guest greece4E

i try and work very very well but when battery drops to 5% i have drop signal and import sim code again . and i play game (assphalt 8 ) and i have little lag i tryed all combo in kernel settings ihad this probproblem with your stable kernel too (mourta-stable-09-02) but when i switch to whetley game run smuth so please insert in next update if its possible thnks ..your work its amazing thnks for all 

i try and work very very well but when battery drops to 5% i have drop signal and import sim code again . and i play game (assphalt 8 ) and i have little lag i tryed all combo in kernel settings ihad this probproblem with your stable kernel too (mourta-stable-09-02) but when i switch to whetley game run smuth so please insert in next update if its possible thnks ..your work its amazing thnks for all 

When battery drops to 5% it's time to charge it and again, i can only do so much, i cannot upgrade your hardware, i can only optimize what i have to work with and that i have done.

In a couple of versions more we'll be at the very limit of what is possible to do with this chipset in terms of performance, we're already running code in many parts that were not even intended for this chipset.

It's like your graphics card on your PC, you wouldn't expect an old graphics card to run brand new games flawlessly on HD resolutions, would you?

Guest moneyvirus

This is weird, however what works, works.

It's the exact same kernel. (the zImage (the actual kernel) was copied so it's the exact same kernel, it's anykernel so init scripts are the same... oh well...

Gonna have to look into that.

'tis fast, isn't it.

And it's half done before i start adding the real features. I don't think overclocking is a good idea except for GPU, next version, you set the GPU, just note that anything over 600 will kill your device, you can set it, but it will pop.

I'll wait patiently its lightning fast and rock sollid, and for now I under clocked it to 1300 got 1 hour screen on time and 75% juice left to be honest the best I've ever had. I share your opinion overclocking would be an overkill hopefully we could get a UV option. So my device would heat up a little less.

Nevertheless you created an beautiful piece of work thank mourta

Sorry man, I just wiped everything and all, but I keep having the navigation buttons on, is ity fault somehow? y_y i already tried enabling and disabling them..

Guest moneyvirus

Sorry man, I just wiped everything and all, but I keep having the navigation buttons on, is ity fault somehow? y_y i already tried enabling and disabling them..

Weird so let's check it ones more

(Do not attache your charger) (it shouldn't be a problem any how)

- factory reset (just to be sure)

- wipe dalvik

- format system

- flash ROM

- flash gapps

- reboot

- set things up

- settings

- go to display

- first option on top you see battery light

- set them disabled

- maybe disable pulse notification light too

When you plug your charger now they should be off

- if you want to disable the backlight buttons all the time also when using the. Phone

Go to settings -> liquid smooth -> navigation -> hardware buttons -> backlight-> untick illuminate buttons

Hope this helps you

@Krislv if this wont work what money...wrote try to disable the buttons with a script (i have it).

Make a file 99disable and paste this in. Set permissions and copy it into /etc/init.d

#!/system/bin/sh

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness

Edited by Gkeko

Guest Marek Wasik

Mourta, You created a beast now. 0% over night. Wifi on, sync on. I have to try gps and i need no more :D

Sry, sync was off. One thing, tegra overclock cant properly set gpu. I want 416 and it sets to 328.

Guest Marek Wasik

If on dalvik newest Mourta's baby is beast, on ART is monster. Over 7700 in quadrant. Have to test it longer.

Edited by Marek Wasik

Sry, sync was off. One thing, tegra overclock cant properly set gpu. I want 416 and it sets to 328.

No reports about what the GPU is running at will be correct, i haven't linked it to sysfs yet since i'm upgrading video.

It runs at 200-520 and no matter what you try to set it at it will ALWAYS run at 200-520.

Devfreq handles the variation in frequency with simpleondemand.

@Mourta just a question: are you using Dalvik or Art? Didnt try Art yet with this rom/kernel version.

Been testing that version with both, either work fine but ART is preferable if you don't have any apps that require Dalvik.

Weird so let's check it ones more

(Do not attache your charger) (it shouldn't be a problem any how)

- factory reset (just to be sure)

- wipe dalvik

- format system

- flash ROM

- flash gapps

- reboot

- set things up

- settings

- go to display

- first option on top you see battery light

- set them disabled

- maybe disable pulse notification light too

When you plug your charger now they should be off

- if you want to disable the backlight buttons all the time also when using the. Phone

Go to settings -> liquid smooth -> navigation -> hardware buttons -> backlight-> untick illuminate buttons

Hope this helps you

Okay I tried a lil part of this and it worked. Kudos to you! Thanks!

I just needed to disable battery indicator under display settings.

Guest NothingSerious

When battery drops to 5% it's time to charge it and again, i can only do so much, i cannot upgrade your hardware, i can only optimize what i have to work with and that i have done.

In a couple of versions more we'll be at the very limit of what is possible to do with this chipset in terms of performance, we're already running code in many parts that were not even intended for this chipset.

It's like your graphics card on your PC, you wouldn't expect an old graphics card to run brand new games flawlessly on HD resolutions, would you?

Speaking of performance, do you have a percentage estimate as to how faster will the device be with the topped out performance vs current ver?

Thanks.

Speaking of performance, do you have a percentage estimate as to how faster will the device be with the topped out performance vs current ver?

Thanks.

Increasing performance is easy, doing it while not breaking power saving features is hard so no, it's always going to be a battle between performance and battery life.

With Android L and a finished kernel with all of my tweaks implemented it should be a lot faster on some specific tasks, on general feel it won't change much because it's already very fast.

It'll be faster, that is all i can say.

Guest phynix5800

Coming from a clean install including wipe, issues I encountered so far: many, but not all, app icons in Play store are glitchy; maybe 1 out of 3 times, the phone will boot into a black screen coming right after the LG logo; when plugging in the charging cable when the phone is turned off, it will not boot into the charging animation, but the LG logo is displayed constantly.

Performance wise I am very, VERY pleased!

Im in love with this ROM soo smooth so decent

I don't know how it is possible. Look at mine stats:

Only 1h 15min and I had recharged it meanwhile. BBS shows wakelock RingtonePlayer for 2 hours

post-1045078-14134842100981_thumb.png

Coming from a clean install including wipe, issues I encountered so far: many, but not all, app icons in Play store are glitchy; maybe 1 out of 3 times, the phone will boot into a black screen coming right after the LG logo; when plugging in the charging cable when the phone is turned off, it will not boot into the charging animation, but the LG logo is displayed constantly.

Performance wise I am very, VERY pleased!

Yeah, i keep forgetting to tick that option for charging animation every time i reconfigure... It'll still charge though.

Play store IS glitchy, i can't fix what i have no access to, just wait for an update from google.

You'll probably need to do a full shutdown/restart before everything works flawlessly.

I'm going to assume you have NOT restored any apps or data from backups and request logs.

I can't fix it if i don't know what's broken.

The truth is, for me it works perfectly, i have had zero glitches except with playstore (and i can't fix that anyway) pics.

I don't know how it is possible. Look at mine stats:

Only 1h 15min and I had recharged it meanwhile. BBS shows wakelock RingtonePlayer for 2 hours

Maybe he's not using the app RingtonePlayer? Is this perchance part of the app RingtoneMaker?

I can't fix broken apps for you, you'll have to ask the app maker to do that for you.

Guest Marek Wasik

Playstore works great after clean install. First, i restored all google account data and i had playstore broken pics. After clean install it's ok.

Guest NothingSerious

Increasing performance is easy, doing it while not breaking power saving features is hard so no, it's always going to be a battle between performance and battery life.

With Android L and a finished kernel with all of my tweaks implemented it should be a lot faster on some specific tasks, on general feel it won't change much because it's already very fast.

It'll be faster, that is all i can say.

Alright, thanks for the info.