Very impressed with this thing

Guest ripnet

Have to say im loving my hudl 2 . even if it had been double the price it would have been good value IMHO.

In use its difficult to tell the difference between it and my "high end(lastyear)" note 3. Everything works great, and im loving Stock android over that samsung "TouchWizSlow" rubbish.

The GPS works great, as does the compass, and video through youtube and plex is perfect.

It even plays games pretty well. Couldnt get GTA:SA to start, but not a problem since the android port of that is flawed as it doesnt support gamepads properly [without rooting], but Max Payne 3 runs great at full res.

OSMAND works great on it too, 

Battery isnt bad either. Seems to drop slower than my Note 3 under heavy use.

Negatives:

1. Touch screen not sensitive enough (had to remove screen protector to make it work nice)

2. PlexAPP crashes quite a lot (but it crashes sometimes on my Arm note 3)

3. GTA:SA wont start

4. Nester NES simulator wont start

Recommend this thing to anyone

Negatives:

1. Touch screen not sensitive enough (had to remove screen protector to make it work nice)

Always used a screen protector on the previous hudl, but for the new version decided to use it with a naked screen - way better exeperence than previous version (even though I didn't really expereince the old hudl screen issues, suffered by others).

Have to say im loving my hudl 2 . even if it had been double the price it would have been good value IMHO.

In use its difficult to tell the difference between it and my "high end(lastyear)" note 3. Everything works great, and im loving Stock android over that samsung "TouchWizSlow" rubbish.

The GPS works great, as does the compass, and video through youtube and plex is perfect.

It even plays games pretty well. Couldnt get GTA:SA to start, but not a problem since the android port of that is flawed as it doesnt support gamepads properly [without rooting], but Max Payne 3 runs great at full res.

OSMAND works great on it too, 

Battery isnt bad either. Seems to drop slower than my Note 3 under heavy use.

Negatives:

2. PlexAPP crashes quite a lot (but it crashes sometimes on my Arm note 3)

3. GTA:SA wont start

4. Nester NES simulator wont start

Recommend this thing to anyone

Very much agree buddy, superb bit of kit.

Also agree on the screen protector. Made mine unusable.

I would like to have one on though so would hope the screen sensitivity is bumped with an update.

J

Guest George Styles

Its been a long time since I've done barebone with new tech. At the price not a problem. Defo suffer from massive scratching on note 3 protection. Maybe gorilla glass with tiny scratches would be a overall win

Guest DaveGriff

Despite the Note 3 having an amoled screen, I'd say the Hudl 2 has the better screen.  IPS LCD is well developed and the colour accuracy of the Hudl is better than the Note; the Note screen only beats the hudl on black levels, which no LCD could ever beat.

Guest thefunkygibbon

max payne  3??  Cool.  thats pretty impressive then, didn't know that was out but it looked amazing on PC a couple of years ago when i played it.  Can't seem to find it though :(  got a link?

Also, Plex runs fine and has never crashed for me.

also i use my wireless 360 pad by plugging my wireless receiver into the hudl2 via a OTG usb host cable. and i'm not rooted (yet)

Edited by thefunkygibbon

Guest Dave UK

max payne  3??  Cool.  thats pretty impressive then, didn't know that was out but it looked amazing on PC a couple of years ago when i played it.  Can't seem to find it though :(  got a link?

Also, Plex runs fine and has never crashed for me.

also i use my wireless 360 pad by plugging my wireless receiver into the hudl2 via a OTG usb host cable. and i'm not rooted (yet)

Have you got a link to the wireless receiver you use? Ive got a 360 controller and an OTG usb cable, would be great to hook my controller up!

Guest thefunkygibbon

Have you got a link to the wireless receiver you use? Ive got a 360 controller and an OTG usb cable, would be great to hook my controller up!

i bought mine from deal extreme a couple years back (using one on pc and one on android devices)

http://www.dx.com/p/pc-wireless-gaming-receiver-for-xbox-360-controller-black-188982#.VEoVG2fjSRF

no idea if you can get cheaper for the official versions these days or not.  have  a google around for yourself and see.