Move files to SD card

Guest ripdroid

Guest ripdroid

Hi!

Looking to get an 8-inch tablet. My primary usage would be to download movies on the go and move them to the SD card. I realise with KitKat, Google have restricted write access to SD cards (each app can only write to their own folder). Some manufacturers get around this by providing their own file managers that have system-level permissions to write to external storage.

Just wondering if the Hudl 2 comes with it's own file manager app to move files from internal storage to the SD card? I don't need to move apps, just individual files. I'd rather not try to root it!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I've just looked on my Hudl 2 (not rooted) and found i'm using the same file explorer (by 'Cheetah Mobile') as DaveGriff.

It suits my tastes, having no problems moving any files to other folders whether on the Hudl 2 or the mounted Micro SD card.  It's very straight-forward to create new folders with custom names, etc.

Yes, I find the same thing with File Explorer. I can move and copy files to and from the SD card without any issues so far. I can also create folders. I'd assumed it was something weird I'd done with my card (can't think what) which allowed me to do it. The one thing I don't seem able to do is delete folders on the SD card and don't know why that is.

File Explorer . . . one thing I don't seem able to do is delete folders on the SD card and don't know why that is.

I suspect it's either a bug or specific limitation within 'File Explorer'.  I tried briefly and gave up, tried to do the same using 'ES File Explorer' and deleted the test folder with no problem.  My principle reason to opting for 'File Explorer' originally was the differences in 'permissions' required, i.e. 'File Explorer' very few permissions required, whereas 'ES File Explorer' demands many I consider to be invidiously pervasive without good reasons.

Guest state-it

FX File Explorer is my 'go to' file management system on all my devices. With their 'KitKat Fix' enabled I've no problem moving files around.

I just think theirs is the best interface