[MOD] [APN] How to flash cm11 APN into a stock rom

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Is there a way to flash / import cm11 apn list into a stock rom? - SOLVED (made it myself) it's CM11 APN's ready for STOCK ICS 4.0.4

Please, Please make a clockwork mod or TWRP backup of your working ROM as this will delete your APN and replace it....

EDIT: Find attached a APN fix.zip  for ICS-4.0.4 (stock rom)

This APN-fix.zip is CWM flashable straight after rom  installation

you MAY need to factory reset / wipe data / wipe cache / wipe dalvik after APN-fix.zip is installed.

Tested with both versions of clock work mod and TWRP. 

APN-fix.zip

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest KonstaT
CM9 should be fine, they changed the format at some point but I don't remember exactly what Android version it was. It's /system/etc/apns-conf.xml to replace and you'll of course need root access to do it.

It's likely just easier to manually add APNs for your carrier unless you're planning to globally test few hundred of them of course. :P

Guest Gary_J_Wright

CM9 should be fine, they changed the format at some point but I don't remember exactly what Android version it was. It's /system/etc/apns-conf.xml to replace and you'll of course need root access to do it.

It's likely just easier to manually add APNs for your carrier unless you're planning to globally test few hundred of them of course. :P

made a simple APN fix to import CM11 apn's into a stock ICS 4.0.4 B.xx zte blade 3 rom , added to 1st post, you were correct cm11 needed to be adjusted to appear to be cm9 apn to work on ICS 4.0.4

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest KonstaT

you must factory reset / wipe data / wipe cache / wipe dalvik after APN fix.zip is installed.

Tested with both versions of clock work mod and TWRP. 

Wiping anything should be completely unnecessary updating APNs list.

I'm quite sure none of the recoveries will flash a file that has a space in it's filename.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Wiping anything should be completely unnecessary updating APNs list.

I'm quite sure none of the recoveries will flash a file that has a space in it's filename.

I removed the - to make file look pretty!!! (put it back now), well I thought that, about the wiping, but for me that's the only way to get it to swtch and store the APN as I use a TALKTALK sim. i only have 3 and talktalk sims and 1 phone to test. tbh i use your CM11 port 90% of time...

Guest Gary_J_Wright

This APNs list isn't very up-to-date either. Here's where you can get it with the latest updates.

I've updated it to the list you provided, and i'm more of a tweaker than a coder ...lol (had some spare time - daughter at nursery) 

It would be great if others could test and report any findings, and it's great KonstaT helps with his advice to people like me that are just starting to learn the ropes.