Strange issue with hudl2

Guest Dave UK

Guest Dave UK

Dont know if anyone has had this issue or whether ive just got a faulty unit that needs to go back.

I leave my hudl2 swicthed on, but in standby mode - aka screen switched off. Screen then lights up of its own accord - like a backlight but nothing displayed on the screen.

It either stays on until the battery is complety dead - takes holding the power button down for 30 seconds to turn it back on (reboot it) or you have to hold the power button down for ages to try and turn it off.

Happened three times now.

Anyone else had anything similar?

Edited by Dave UK

Guest Matthew Watson

I have seen a similar issue (perhaps the same issue).

For me, it seems to occur only when I have left the Hudl charging for ages, and it's been at 100% charge for a while.

Then, it seems to stop charging and the charge actually starts dropping (even though it's still connected to the charger). I saw it drop to less than 80% over an extended period of time connected to the charger.

If at that point I unplug the charger and reinsert it, it can display the above behaviour, and I have to hold down the power button for a while to turn it off or on.

If I turn the Hudl off and on before reinserting the charger, it doesn't seem to happen.

I have also observed "gaps" in the power usage chart which seem to occur around these times. (By "gap" I mean an actual gap in the graph, with no shaded area showing the power remaining.)

Edited by Matthew Watson

Guest Dave UK

That sounds about right - might explain why ive previously left it on charge for quite some time only for it to never reach 100%.

Phoned Tesco tech support, first they have heard of this issue, however been given an exchnage code so can pop my hudle back upto Tesco and change it for another - hopefully that will solve the issue.