Lip sync issue

Guest Pipedreambomb

Guest Pipedreambomb

So when I first got the Hudl 2 a couple of days ago, I booted up Netflix to test out the screen. It was basically unusable, as there was so much lag between the video and audio. Probably only 100-200 milliseconds, but it's still jarring enough to be a major distraction. The people were clearly saying the words, but their lips were out of sync.

Now I've just watched a YouTube video and had the same issue. Am I the only one with seeing this behaviour?

I haven't rooted it, nor have I installed any apps that should mess with such core performance, and everything runs pretty smoothly. If other people have noticed it, perhaps I should wait for an update. Otherwise, maybe I need to send it back for replacement.

Guest Mark_He

I don't have Netflix, but I can't see this problem on YouTube. There are audio sync test videos on YouTube that you can try, and I couldn't spot any issues.

Guest state-it

I find it fine on Netflix.

A few things (sorry if you know these already) :

Have you checked channels on your router? You 5Ghz/2.4GHz bands might be conflicting with a neighbours. 'WiFi Analyzer' app  can show you these issues, then it's up to you to change Channels in your router settings.

Set your router to 40Hz if you can.

You can set the Hudl Wifi radio to 5GHz, 2.4Ghz or both. I've set mine to 5GHz only as I get good 5GHz reception throughout the house.

Also one other point...

I left my phone in the car the other night. Had terrible 2.4 GHz reception in house ( was using Hudl/ChromecastChromecast to stream Netflix as it happens ). The phone was at it's WiFi range drop-off point was constantly reconnecting and disconnecting from the router. And this causedreally bad WiFi reception all over the 2.4GHz range.

Once the phone was back in the house and in good WiFi range, everything was hunky-dory.

Edited by state-it

Guest Pipedreambomb

Hi state-it, it's not a wifi issue as it's not buffering or anything, it's just video playback that's out of sync with the audio. Thanks for the tips though.

Mark_he, that's a good idea, I'll look up the videos you suggested. Have to admit I was just watching a YouTube video and didn't notice any lag. Wonder if it's an intermittent problem. I'll post again if I work anything out.