Problem App - Google Earth

Guest aerostar

Guest aerostar

Google EARTH.

Installs ok, put in UK post code/ or zoom to a place, zoom in closely  then at a certain point,  the app becomes unresponsive, and the picture that is on the page rapidly flickers when you put finger on page.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Guest wmfitzgerald

Google EARTH.

Installs ok, put in UK post code/ or zoom to a place, zoom in closely  then at a certain point,  the app becomes unresponsive, and the picture that is on the page rapidly flickers when you put finger on page.

Anyone else have this problem ?

I am also having flickering and  sluggish/unresponsive behaviour. Is my HUDL2 defective?

Guest Desolutional

I am also having flickering and  sluggish/unresponsive behaviour. Is my HUDL2 defective?

Have you tried clearing Maps and Earth app data, then reinstalling them? Do any other apps which use the 3D graphics glitch out too?

Guest aerostar

Not sure if it is defective - I have a friend who is collecting a brand new one in a couple of days, and will see what his does with Google Earth and Dolphin.

Guest aerostar

I have just uninstalled my version, cleared data and cache, and installed the latest version released today Nov 5 and it appears to be stable from testing for 30 mins.

Guest Desolutional

Most likely it was an issue with either a. corrupt app itself or b. corrupt app data. Clearing the app data and cache should have prevented b. So not an issue with all Hudls it seems.

Guest aerostar

Oh-Oh !!! just been using at bit more and whilst it seems more stable it still plays up with screen flicker - especially using postcodes (UK) and street view.

Guest Desolutional

None of that happens to me, but once in a while, e.g. if I'm wondering around Switzerland or someone far away, and I enter a UK postcode, it zooms in too much and ends up 'blacking' the screen. I have to zoom out a few times to see the terrain again.