slow to wake up?

Guest Jinjur

Anyone else notice that their hudl2 is slow to wake up after hitting the power button?

Not powering on, just from screen off state?

Any idea of what the cause of that is and if it can be fixed?

Cheers

J

Guest state-it

Not mine: It'sin the small fractions of a second after releasing the 'on/off' button. And I'm talking small fractions. I'm not running stock launcher though (Nova). So maybe Tesco Launcher is causing the lag (wouldn't surprise me)

Guest seanspotatobusiness

I'm using the GO Launcher Ex launcher and I also have no lag.

Probably not relevant but on my phone I used to get lag caused by the CPU governor I'd selected.

Guest state-it

I know Google Launcher is a battery hog (from the couple of days I used it on my phone). I'm guessing by default it runs through loads of processes when it wakes...

Guest seanspotatobusiness

I know Google Launcher is a battery hog (from the couple of days I used it on my phone). I'm guessing by default it runs through loads of processes when it wakes...

If that's true it's a shame the developers don't have the sense to realise the screen coming on should be one of the highest priorities. Why is it so hard for them to prioritise the user experience and do everything else a bit more slowly?

Guest Desolutional

I am using the Google Now launcher and there is definitely around 1-2 seconds after releasing the button before it wakes :/

Not rooted though

J

Yeah, me too, around a 1 second delay with the Now launcher, nothing that will harm mind, and it won't happen when any other app is in the foreground.