ART Runtime

Guest wmfitzgerald

Guest Desolutional

Is it possible to use ART runtime on the HUDL 2? I have enabled developer options but cannot see a Select Runtime option.

Nope, not yet, we'll need a custom ROM first, and to do that we need to bypass the broken fastboot, and to do that, we need to pressure Pegatron and/or Tesco into "leaking" a flashable fastboot fix. It seems stupid to me why Tesco would lock down the tablet that much when your ordinary "Galaxy Tab for Kids" edition can be rooted so much easier, yet this "family friendly" tablet is locked down to high heaven (ironic cause Carmageddon runs perfectly on it).

Guest wmfitzgerald

Nope, not yet, we'll need a custom ROM first, and to do that we need to bypass the broken fastboot, and to do that, we need to pressure Pegatron and/or Tesco into "leaking" a flashable fastboot fix. It seems stupid to me why Tesco would lock down the tablet that much when your ordinary "Galaxy Tab for Kids" edition can be rooted so much easier, yet this "family friendly" tablet is locked down to high heaven (ironic cause Carmageddon runs perfectly on it).

Thanks for the information.

Guest PaulOBrien

Well, that's not exactly true, a custom ROM could be done in the same way as my rooted system image...

P