@Paul - Cast Screen Functionality & Cyanogen Screen recorder(WORKING)

Guest r8zer

Hi Paul

Is there anywy we can get screencast to work on this device, I have tried the #MirrorEnabler app but this is not working, is there anything else I can do to get native support on this Rom.

Cheers

UPDATE!!

I have found a way to get the chromcast app to screen cast your device to the Chromecast dongle and have it as an default option in the Chromcast App.

First Download #MirrorEnabler from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/hardware-hacking/chromecast/experimental-enable-mirroring-device-t2812193 version 6 I believe.

Install this on your Device.

Then go to the Playstore and download this SQLite Installer for root.

Install this item

open Sqlite app and press the install button, then hit the GO button, this will install the database.

Open up Mirror Enabler and click enable Mirror that is all.

Open the chrome cast app and the option to cast the screen should be there. Tested and working.

Hope you all use this feature as It is something that was missing from the hudl.

I also Tried Cyanogen Screen recorder on this device and with a few permission changes got that working aswell.

Edited by r8zer

Guest abulkasam

I'm on a non rooted stock hudl2 and I somehow now have the cast screen button enabled to mirror the desktop. Including audio from locally stored files.

Edited by abulkasam

Hi could you explain the process you took. As I'm surprised you got that functionality without being rooted. As many others may benifit from your way who choose not to root.

Hmm.....I now have the cast screen button in my menu but it doesn't work.

It does say beta on the cast screen area though so it's probably a work in progress

J

Working fine here. Stock hudl2, unrooted and straight out the box. Not sure what all the fuss is about? ;)

Must be a local network issue, that's the only difference in setup I can think of....

Guest abulkasam

So on the first Hudl2, I had no Cast Screen option, installed Chromecast, excast, localcast, none of them had the ability to Cast Screen.  I had to return that due to a screen defect.

On the second and replacement Hudl2, I have not installed anything, not even Chromecast, but I have the Cast Screen available.  Not sure what is different?  There was a 113MB update, but I think that applied to the first one. So could it be some internal update somewhere?

Just to clarify, both Hudl2 were able to use the app based casting, e.g. Youtube, but the above is for the Cast Screen actions - which effectively casts any app, including games.

Edited by abulkasam

Guest Mark_He

I definitely didn't have it two days ago, and now I do! Haven't updated anything to do it either.

As screen cast is in beta, I wonder if it's been rolled out to the Hudl in stages.