[DEV][ROM][29.3.] CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

sorry mister my english is bad.. i cant read ?.. are my zte v811w can use this rom? or cm 12

You shouldn't do it if you can't understand the instructions.

Dual-SIM is not supported in CM12.

Guest KonstaT

oh can not if cm 12

so if my v811w ZTE can only be

fitted cm 11?

Again, read the first three posts of the CM11 thread. You'll still need to manually set a property to enable dual-SIM features on V811W.

Guest TractorX

No, it's KitKat you're thinking about.

Well, you are probably right. Anyway, is there any room for optimization (not yours, but from CM side)? Or it will stay like this?

Guest KonstaT

Well, you are probably right. Anyway, is there any room for optimization (not yours, but from CM side)? Or it will stay like this?

Of course there's plenty of room for optimization all around (my, CM's, Qualcomm's, Google's side). Like said, it's still early days of CM12 and there's even still plenty of issues with Lollipop in general (e.g. you can read about the issues it has on Nexus devices). Google is rumored to push Android 5.1 out soon and that will hopefully ease some of those problems. I don't see any reason why this device couldn't eventually run Lollipop as well as it's ever possible.  Of course we'll always be low on RAM but 512mb should still be enough. But after all, this is a 50€ budget device and you really can't expect it to run Lollipop like 500€ flagship devices you're now seeing.

Currently there seems to be some issue with Google apps. Not sure what's going on there but there's a signifficant performance hit in general responsiveness with Google services installed. I've been now running it without gapps (debugging SELinux enforcing after a clean install) and it simply flies compared to before. No difference to KitKat whatsoever...

Guest TractorX

Of course there's plenty of room for optimization all around (my, CM's, Qualcomm's, Google's side). Like said, it's still early days of CM12 and there's even still plenty of issues with Lollipop in general (e.g. you can read about the issues it has on Nexus devices). Google is rumored to push Android 5.1 out soon and that will hopefully ease some of those problems. I don't see any reason why this device wouldn't eventually run Lollipop as good as it's ever possible.  Of course we'll always be low on RAM but 512mb should still be enough. But after all, this is a 50€ budget device and you really can't expect it to run Lollipop like 500€ flagship devices you're now seeing.

Currently there seems to be some issue with Google apps. Not sure what's going on there but there's a signifficant performance hit in general responsiveness with Google services installed. I've been now running it without gapps (debugging SELinux enforcing after a clean install) and it simply flies compared to before. No difference to KitKat whatsoever...

I'm really glad to hear this. Of course I don't expect it to run the same as some Galaxy S6 but the current performance is just meh. Let's hope google is aware of the problem and will fix it soon.

Guest Angello Mundarain

HELLO PLEASE ! I HAVE THIS PROBLEM

I INSTALL THE KIT KAT THEN I DO EVERYTHING AND THE recovery-clockwork INSTALL BUT WHEN I GO TO ROOT ALWAYS SAID THAT IS CORRUPT THIS FILE WITH THE ROOT, WITH THE ROM WHY THIS HAPPEN SORRY 4 MY ENGLISH .....

Guest andy1971

HELLO PLEASE ! I HAVE THIS PROBLEM

I INSTALL THE KIT KAT THEN I DO EVERYTHING AND THE recovery-clockwork INSTALL BUT WHEN I GO TO ROOT ALWAYS SAID THAT IS CORRUPT THIS FILE WITH THE ROOT, WITH THE ROM WHY THIS HAPPEN SORRY 4 MY ENGLISH .....

this isnt kitkat.

this is lollipop

learn to turn your capslock off.

either your download in corrupt or your trying to install the root via recovery on your phone, without first installing CWM first .

try flashing the image via command prompt

install usb and adb drivers for your phone, make sure you have devolper options on in your phone

open a command prompt

go to where u installed ADB

type adb devices

if your phone isnt showing you dont have adb access open on your phone

http://www.modaco.com/topic/373213-recovery-clockworkmod-6050-for-zte-open-c-kis-3/

check that link out if not working

type adb reboot bootloader

fastboot boot recovery.img  (the filename will be different just rename it to recovery.img)

and then

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot reboot

thats your rooting done

Guest KonstaT
New build. Cleaned up kernel quite a bit and removed support for hardware that is not used in device (that I'm aware of at least). Everything is working fine on my device but it's always possible I've broken something on other hardware revisions. Info I've gathered so far with 'Kis 3 Hardware Info' app doesn't indicate there should be any problem with this though. But we'll see, sometimes you need to break things to move forward. :P Also I moved around ALS/proximity driver and I can't test that on my device because me Open C doesn't have a sensor. I'd appreciate if someone could verify it's still working.

I've been busy drafting sepolicies for this device to finally get SELinux working in enforcing mode. Everything is now mostly working (besides USB mass storage mode and one denial I don't know WTF it's about) but I've still left it in permissive mode. ALS/proximity is again going to be a problem because I can't test it on my device and I'm quite sure it's going to require some rules. I'd appreciate if someone could test it in enforcing mode (execute command 'setenforce 1' in rooted shell - 'setenforce 0' to return back to permissive). If it's not working in enforcing mode, I'll give further instructions how to get the logs I need.

cm-12-20150307-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:474995bce9e1083cdc135ee88c70e5aa

-use userspace implementation to set correct wlan MAC address
-add camera wrapper to disable unsupported HDR mode
-patch CVE-2014-8160 and CVE-2014-9683 in kernel
-remove support for unused hardware in kernel
-tweak kernel build flags for Cortex-A7

Guest andy1971

Edited after installed on my Zte Open c - Australia  (Im assuming this is a original Euro build, i never noted before i flashed it)

downloaded it and installed,

Am curious different zte open c's dont have the sensor? or are you asking a kis 3 user to try this?

I am pretty sure my proximity never worked or doesnt have one either as i have to switch my screen off when i make a call

Just checked kis3 hardware i have no sensor, otherwise the build seems very stable with gapps 5.0.2

Edited by andy1971

Guest KonstaT

Edited after installed on my Zte Open c - Australia  (Im assuming this is a original Euro build, i never noted before i flashed it)

downloaded it and installed,

Am curious different zte open c's dont have the sensor? or are you asking a kis 3 user to try this?

I am pretty sure my proximity never worked or doesnt have one either as i have to switch my screen off when i make a call

Just checked kis3 hardware i have no sensor, otherwise the build seems very stable with gapps 5.0.2

It's the French Open C that has an ambient light/proximity sensor. Most Kis 3 variants have one too.

'Kis 3 Hardware Info' app will show 'Unavailable' under 'Ambient light/proximity sensor' for devices that don't have a sensor - '0x39' for devices with TAOS tmd277x sensor.

Guest andy1971

Thanks Konstat,

well those lucky french guys :), i was correct in my original assumption that i never had the sensor, it says unavailable in the kis 3 hardware.

So i who has the french model out there?

Guest prezimemk

Thanks Konstat,

I have made this profile to say thanks and acknowledge Your work.

I have been using cm11 build and think it is faster for normal usage.

However this build has more options and more polished ui.

For the first few (three four) start up of the phone I was not able to change wallpaper due to some error. Now it works fine.

Please keep up with the great work :D

Edited by prezimemk

Guest ncrxyz

You're using a wrong recovery!

using cw_recovery_50 from xda

try to change recovery

"daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037

daemon start succesfully

list of device attached"

help me?

Edited by ncrxyz

Guest KonstaT

using cw_recovery_50 from xda

try to change recovery

"daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037

daemon start succesfully

list of device attached"

help me?

That recovery is broken in various ways.

There's recovery flashable versions available for both CWM and TWRP. Just flash the zip in the previous custom recovery if you're having problems with adb/fastboot.

Guest ncrxyz

That recovery is broken in various ways.

There's recovery flashable versions available for both CWM and TWRP. Just flash the zip in the previous custom recovery if you're having problems with adb/fastboot.

can't flash recovery, now in stock recovery "android system recovery < kis_iii_v2.0"

Guest KonstaT

can't flash recovery, now in stock recovery "android system recovery < kis_iii_v2.0"

Then you're going to need to use fastboot to flash it.

This is really not a matter that belongs to this topic.

Guest ncrxyz

Then you're going to need to use fastboot to flash it.

This is really not a matter that belongs to this topic.

yap. then i can't use fastboot cause error at afb devices "daemon not running"

Guest andy1971

your then screwed

If your in an elevated command prompt [command shell]

go to your adb install directory

adb devices

if it doesnt show the device and you cant access the device to enable adb debugging then your screwed, but as KonStaT said this isnt relevent to the CM 12 .07.03 build.

your only alternative is then to start from scratch and use the factory upgrade tool

http://en.comebuy.com/developer-firefox-os-open-c.html

Guest Durreau

Good night, i need a ROM from my ZTE Open C Movistar - Venezuela.

I tried several roms, but no up coverage.. There are any solution?

You are the second person with the same problem asking for that... If anybody who owns a Open C from Movistar Venezuela don´t understand the process to install Android form FFOS don´t do it. My terminal is unlocked and buyed via Mercadolibre, and after several readings here and other forums about the process i do it without problems. I also replaced the only thing I don´t like the terminal: the splahs screen, easily!!! Only read carefully all the instructions, maybe the problem is not the ROM...

Edited by Durreau