Hudl 2 starts having WiFi issues after a day or so.

Guest SilverDad

Guest SilverDad

It seems I'm suffering from another bug with the Hudl2.

After having been running for 30-40 hours, the Hudl2 seems to lose the ability to see anything on the network.

Of course, this doesn't happen very often as usually the device needs rebooting long before that due to the inability to charge :(

However, this week I've left the Hudl2 plugged in a lot and am starting to see other problems such as this one. It is repeatable; it isn't my network as other devices have no issues and a Hudl2 reboot reconnects.

I just wondered if anyone else has seen this.

Guest state-it

I certainly haven't noticed this. 

It's not the device's DHCP lease on your wifi router expiring is it? 

But then it should reconnect automatically...

The only WiFi issue I've had is just once. For some reason the WiFi stopped working and went to off and couldn't be switched back on. A restart fixed it. Other problems are it won't charge sometimes and all of the icons going back to default..

Guest JethroC

I have also noticed this issue starting last night and the result is the same on 3 different wifi networks all which had other devices working correctly on them without issue.

Wifi stays connected but no traffic is sent or received. I have it rooted and have the traffic monitor enabled through the gravitybox module which shows this.

It could justr start working again 10 mins later for a min or 2 and then stop again

Guest state-it

Right -  Having not noticed it before (maybe due to turning off to recharge.. Grrr....):

I noticed this last night for the first time as well. Right royally peed off. I hadn't turned it of over a day.

Guest SilverDad

I switched over to a 5GHz network earlier this week and this issue seems far worse. I'm not sure whether it's because 5GHz offers a much higher throughput and the problem is caused by data-rate or whether the WiFi stack is broken. But now, it can happen within a few hours of reboot - even before the battery issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thomas49

Yeah getting this problem, can be usually cleared by turning off and on again (cue the IT Crowd!). This was the reason I returned my first Hudl2, it started to happen after about 2 weeks or so after purchase and then happened every day until I returned the unit for a replacement. Second was doing fine until last night when it lost WiFi and it has done it again just now. Seems spooky that this fault has started when the unit is  approximately 2 weeks old!

Other problems I have observed includes the My Tesco Launcher resetting itself to the default settings clearing any customisation I have made to the screens (with the exception of the wallpaper i.e. short cut icons and widgets cleared), this has been cured by downloading and using Go Launcher.

I am not getting the battery charging problem though, maybe it is something I have to look forward to if I decide to keep the unit.

The question on my mind is do I return it for a refund or alternative make tablet or do I perceiver with re-starting the unit everyday when it loses WiFi and see if this so called update on the 5th Jan will resolve this issue?