Status 7 ZTE Blade III when trying to flash custom rom

Guest Awkardphoton

Guest Awkardphoton

I've installed cwm on my Blade 3 and created a backup of my stock rom, i'm trying to flash KonstaT's cm11 rom on it however I keep on getting a status 7 error... I've tried looking at other status 7 threads however they seem to be different from mine.. what happens exactly is below:

Installing: /sdcard/cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-konstaKANG-atlas40.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed

E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-konstaKANG-atlas40.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

Can anyone help me out? I've tried all the roms I can find for the balde 3, but they all do the same! any help is appriciated!

Guest Awkardphoton

Thanks KonstaT, I found out that the problem was i was using an old version of clockworkmod, i updated it and it working now.

Thanks for all your great work :)

• 6 months later...
Guest HELP ME!

KONSTAT PLEASE HELP ME IM STUCK AT RECOVERY AN I CAN'T INSTALL KITKAT,I SEE YOU SAY I NEED UPDATE CWM,BUT HOW TO DO THAT,I CAN'T GET OUT OF CWM!!!!!!!!1

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELPME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

Guest zeka111

before flash twrp recovery or flash cm10(recomend). ( im sory i'm learnjng english new)

Edited by zeka111

Guest MJonMoDaCo

KONSTAT PLEASE HELP ME IM STUCK AT RECOVERY AN I CAN'T INSTALL KITKAT,I SEE YOU SAY I NEED UPDATE CWM,BUT HOW TO DO THAT,I CAN'T GET OUT OF CWM!!!!!!!!1

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELPME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH

1) Please don't shout

2) You're English is fine. Grammar could do with some work. Doesn't everybody's?

3) Please post to the right thread. The CWM recovery thread, where KonstaT says:

This is my build of Koush's ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9. This recovery is common to all ZTE devices with board name atlas40 (e.g. ZTE Blade III, ZTE Acqua, V889D, V880E etc).

recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.9-atlas40.zip (CWM/TWRP flashable)
md5:8240530c5e891f7a6f52bb7ac5c23663

And so that's what you do. Flash it from ClockworkMod.