[ROM][4.4.2] AOSP by maucat

Guest dakok

Guest st3pb4ck

Also because of sound stuff Poweramp does not work either.

Well, I switched from AOSP Jonzalvo because of older Google maps only working now again issue with google maps.... daamn...

Edited by st3pb4ck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest baniko

Problem with google maps

Not possible to restore from the titanium backup

Not open after new installation from play store

Edited by baniko

Guest 77chedu

I think he has changed a little the path set on the previous version. Different init.d scripts and kernel, the vivo/funtouch stuff seems to be gone; different lcd density. Nova's beta replaces Apex

It feels snappier than any other version: scrolling, the materinova animations, etc. Not sure if it's an UI thing or something running under the hood

So, leaving the maps issue aside, I think he's on the right path. Maybe the last two releases were not as good as previous ones, -and it's really a shame that he won't keep them uploaded somewhere- but I think he's on to something good.

Let's be patient, guys

Thanks, usermau, for your contributions

Guest vassilis91

@usermau Bug : Downloads saving to internal memory instead of external SD.

New Update : Modified: 28.03.2015 23:18

Edited by vassilis91

Guest korekore1

@usermau Bug : Downloads saving to internal memory instead of external SD.

New Update : Modified: 28.03.2015 23:18

is it fixed with the update?

Guest baniko

Maps working fine on latest release. 

Thats good!

What about the rest? did you find a problem compared to the 11.01 version?

(i lost some hour(s) yesterday with the first version of the 28.03 and i prefer not to loose again today!!)

Guest 77chedu

The Sd issue might have to do with the kernel he's using. I think it's a slightly modified version of the one he used on Infocus

I can't test it, because I don't have an SD, but I can provide a patch that works on my Material rom if someone want to test

Edited by 77chedu

Guest vassilis91

it doesn't even work with kitkat sd card full access xposed module?

It doesn't work with any xposed module i tried.

Edited by vassilis91

Bugs:

1) The most important bug for me is that you can not set Default Write Disk to SD card and work properly.

2) Current configuration doesn't let apps to have write permissions in sd card (like create new folder with a file manager)

3) Pin, Password lock doesn't work. I hate pattern lock only option.

4) I don't know if it's bug, but when i was in another country, gps needed too much time (around 2 minutes) to lock my location in here maps.

Moto g of a friend needed 10 seconds max. Iphone also. Is it an issue of mtk or rom issue?

Suggestion:

1) Could you please seperate google chrome from system apps?

2) Change default value of lcd.density to 320.

Question:

I don't like some extra apps like notebook and chrome.

Is it safe to remove them from zip before the installation?

Edited by Guest

And when you recieve a call the lcd is to much black, you cant see anything on the sunny day.. You cant see who call you and where is the pick up buttons..

Guest dalyer

Bugs:

1) The most important bug for me is that you can not set Default Write Disk to SD card and work properly.

2) Current configuration doesn't let apps to have write permissions in sd card (like create new folder with a file manager)

4) I don't know if it's bug, but when i was in another country, gps needed too much time (around 2 minutes) to lock my location in here maps.

Moto g of a friend needed 10 seconds max. Iphone also. Is it an issue of mtk or rom issue?

Suggestion:

1) Could you please seperate google chrome from system apps?

Re bugs:

(1) & (2) Isn't this the usual SD card issue with KK? Does one of the SD card fixer apps (or Xposed module) help?

(4) Have you tried using FasterGPS or something similar to tune the GPS (gps.conf) for your current location?

Re suggestion:

(1) Can't you just use a root app tool (e.g. Root App Delete) to sort this out?

Edited by dalyer

1) I have use roms like laek where the default write disk options was working properly.

2) I did clean flash of the rom when i was in another country, so why to use an app for optimization. Anyway, i tried the app you said and again i had the issue.

Basically let me explain what happened. When i was outside, it instantly find 9 sattelites and use 4-8 of em (confirmed with gps test).

Then i enter the Here Maps and i press the button to find my current location. This needs 1-2 minutes.

I made a search about gps and mtk and i found many posts where people mention that gps in mtk processors has issues.

I am not developer so i don't know which one is problematic. The rom or the hw.

As for the pre-installed apps, i do that already with titanium pro, but i would like to know if it's safe to remove the apk before the installation.

Since it's linux based os i don't think that i ll have any problem.

Edited by Guest

Mau added link2sd to solve the problem. But it's a bad solution(due the need of 2 sd partitions). Xinternal, an xposed module, is far better solution.

Stock camera app, now, saves in sd card.

Open an mp3 file with stock music app (Music) through Folders tab, results FC. (old bug)

If you have random restarts, greenify is the issue.

Guest dalyer

Mau added link2sd to solve the problem. But it's a bad solution(due the need of 2 sd partitions). Xinternal, an xposed module, is far better solution.

I think that these are different horses for different courses.

Link2sd is a great app but not a general solution for storing data on the external sdcard.

Partitioning the sdcard for link2sd is not that difficult and is not a problem per se.

I never said that is difficult to format. But when you have a 32 or 64gb sdcard with stored data, you need much time to do that job.

Just resize partitions is not a good idea due the data loss possibility (rare but why to risk it).

Also another one issue with that rom, i can't understand why he didn't fix it since we reported it 4 months ago, is that password and pin screen lock is not working (Force Close).

Update: Current version of rom is not saving the call ringtone. So after restart, restores the default ringtone

Edited by Guest