[ROM][4.4.2] AOSP by maucat

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

Happy new year!

I have this rom one week ago and i am very satisfied.

I have to report the followings:

1) In power menu, reboot option has to be translated in english from russian. Also the text that follows, that explains what data you lose with reboot.

2) Pin, Password, Voice unlock options are not working.

3) Sometimes i got restarts when trying to open a random app(with latest version 31.12). But i am not sure if it's maucat's issue or nova's bug. (In 2 days i got 3 restarts. 2 of them after restart and when i pressed to open an app)

Signal issue fixed for me, after the last patch.

the reboot after a reboot issue is there on other roms too,i think it has to do with some app or xposed module.It definitely happens when you or an app change a system file.When you fresh install the same rom and you test it without adding apps,modules or doing any system file edits,it never happens.I also had this behavior with a310,and maucat aosp has this too,even thought maucat is not using a310 as base

Edited by korekore1

I don't capture logs, so i can't be sure about the responsible app.

I have just one question. When i flash a newer version over the existing one, titanium pro appears a message that says "Device id has changed to here_is_the_new_number"

I have 3 options:

1)Ignore it

2)Keep the old device id

3)Keep the new device id

How device id reacts with the installed applications and what i have to choose to avoid any issue?

Edited by Guest

Titanium newer fail for me, also all app with notifications needs to be instaled again.. I know is a problem but you dont do this every day..

I do this on that way, i just propose this bcz a fresh install is always better. You have your way and if dont have problem keep going.. :)

Edited by Guest

The real issue is xprivacy. I don't have pro version, so i can't keep a backup of my settings. And if you ever used this module, you know how many parameters it has in expert mode.

Gravity + Nova have export settings feature. Anyway, mau is updating often his rom and i can not waste 1 hour every time to download and set up my apps, especially xprivacy.

any chance to disable in  aosp by maucat red led notification when i put to charging ?

i try with gravitybox, but dont work

on infocus that option works.....

solved:

just install module 

Disable Charging Led Edited by cc001

Maucat has pre-installed Light Manager Pro.

There is an option Battery Charging (Notification Led when battery is charging)

You can change colour or disable it.

Maucat has pre-installed Light Manager Pro.

There is an option Battery Charging (Notification Led when battery is charging)

You can change colour or disable it.

i think that dont work, try and post here works or not

Guest korekore1

The real issue is xprivacy. I don't have pro version, so i can't keep a backup of my settings. And if you ever used this module, you know how many parameters it has in expert mode.

Gravity + Nova have export settings feature. Anyway, mau is updating often his rom and i can not waste 1 hour every time to download and set up my apps, especially xprivacy.

i use lbe security for permission handling.Its a great app,it controls every aspect of privacy and security and its free.Search for the english version on xda and you can save your settings too.You should disable xprivacy if you go with lbe,they are not compatible

Guest dalyer

Android: 4.4.2

Baseband: Moly.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V62, 2014/09/09

The above is from the original post in this thread.

I just installed Maucat AOSP 31st December and I noticed that my baseband is:

Moly.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V19.P2, 2014/03/11 00:55

I don't know if this comes from the last stock ROM that I flashed or updated to?

I wonder if baseband differences might play some part in different behaviour experienced by specific users?

I also wonder if it's worth flashing a "recent" stock ROM in order to get a more up to date baseband?

Anybody have any ideas - or better still, knowledge? :D

Guest dalyer

accelerometer sensor not working in micromax a310 which is clone of coolpad f1 8297w.

I'm not clear what this has to do with this thread or this ROM (Maucat AOSP)?

Guest korekore1

update about bad 3g signal reception:

i installed the latest version 31.12 and 3g reception is better now.

I still get higher 3g speed with other roms thought,but at least now i can use 3g networks for internet..!

Edited by korekore1

Guest 77chedu

Well, I didn't have signal problems in the first place, so I can't comment on that. Plus I've changed the apns.conf to a previous version, because the one that's included in the last two versions is missing some spanish virtual mobile carriers.

Getting a GPS fix seems to be faster in the last two versions

Guest volanis1980

As it seems that usermau keeps updating this rom, can we dirty flash the updates not having to reinstall everything from the beginning or we are just asking for problems this way?