Visual glitches

Guest Vintage10

Guest Vintage10

Hi,

I have a rooted hudl 2 but only have afwall+ and xposed framework (with xprivacy module installed).

I've been noticing weird visual glitches. For example, sometimes a weird line will appear in Firefox that stays persistent through scrolling but won't be in any other apps. Recently reddit news looked like the screen had cracked as all these white lines appeared over it. Today, in nova launcher the folders displayed weirdly (screenshot attached of how it looked today and how it should look normally). A reboot fixes things until the next time.

I'm not sure what's causing this. The fact that the glitches are appearing in screenshots seems to imply to me it's not hardware but software. However I'm not aware of anyone else having these issues.

I'm very close to returning the tablet. Can anyone tell me whether they've noticed any weird graphical glitches or artifacts, or suggest what the problem might be?

Thanks!

post-1050892-14195225418193_thumb.jpg

post-1050892-14195225562649_thumb.jpg

Guest Desolutional

Hi,

I have a rooted hudl 2 but only have afwall+ and xposed framework (with xprivacy module installed).

I've been noticing weird visual glitches. For example, sometimes a weird line will appear in Firefox that stays persistent through scrolling but won't be in any other apps. Recently reddit news looked like the screen had cracked as all these white lines appeared over it. Today, in nova launcher the folders displayed weirdly (screenshot attached of how it looked today and how it should look normally). A reboot fixes things until the next time.

I'm not sure what's causing this. The fact that the glitches are appearing in screenshots seems to imply to me it's not hardware but software. However I'm not aware of anyone else having these issues.

I'm very close to returning the tablet. Can anyone tell me whether they've noticed any weird graphical glitches or artifacts, or suggest what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Have you run a demanding 3D game yet? Preferably one which really stresses the GPU like Asphalt 8. If glitches occur far more rapidly in said game, it could be hardware failure, if not you should try reflashing the original stock (rooted) image just to make sure. But firstly, run a demanding game.

Guest JamieH02

I've had only 1 visual bug when I turn on the screen I get a few weird lines... These are fixed with a reboot though. I'm not rooted (I had been but have since returned to stock and unrooted like the instructions say).

I believe It's a software issue as It's fixed with a reboot.

• 1 month later...
Guest Vintage10

Games don't seem to speed the glitches appearing. I've been having the glitches appear on and off since my original post. I was watching a video today and now all my system ui parts are glitchy. Not any apps, but things like settings. Again they can be captured in a screenshot (attached). Is nobody else experiencing this? Does anyone know if the new update fixed any display issues?

post-1050892-14225733570193_thumb.png