OTG Cable

Guest Jabbitt

Guest Jabbitt

Hi all,

Has anyone had much success with an OTG cable and their Hudl2? I plan on connecting a gamepad for....er well gaming! I do have one but three different android devices recognised it for a split second and then it stopped working.

What success have you had and do you know where I could buy a proper OTG cable that works! (Mine was a 99p gamble)

Thanks.

Guest Mark_He

My cheap OTG cable works fine for USB sticks and my wireless mouse dongle, but I haven't used a gamepad. I believe OTG doesn't supply much power, so that may be the issue.

Guest Jabbitt

I've just checked my old Amazon order and I see that I didn't buy an OTG cable but rather a micro USB to normal USB adapter. So I've found another cable for 79p that says it has full OTG capability. Let's try again...

hi

i ordered a cheap one from ebay, that had the label as being hudl2 compatible and it worked brilliantly. hooked up my 32gb USB stick and copied files over no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kevin Oliver

Hello I've been trying to get a ps3 controller working with the hudl 2 via an otg cable but it keeps saying the hudl 2 doesn't have the right drivers installed , anyone managed to get a ps3 controller working via otg with there hudl 2 ?

The controller is recognised by the app I'm using but the hudl 2 doesn't have the necessary drivers are installed to use it ?

Edited by kevin Oliver

Guest Jabbitt

Bugger that's what I was hoping to use when my cable turns up. Either that or find a cheap second hand Xbox360 wired controller.

Edited by Jabbitt