[ROM] [4.4.2] AOSP Nitro A310 v3 repack

Guest dakok

Guest dmrtn

I think there's only red and green (at least that's all I get with Light Manager - LED Settings just now) and I don't think that the 7 colour led patch works on this ROM but I haven't tried it...

I don't have anything to compare it to but I thought that the sound was a bit low and lacked bass.

I don't know if my case (like this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/18-Color-2014-Newest-Toughened-Glass-Back-Cover-And-Aluminum-Frame-For-Coolpad-Dashen-F1-8297/1932823414.html) might be muffling the sound at all...?

I ran the zip file from the Lights thread and I have red, green and yellow. Don't know if yellow was there originally.

I'm fairly sure just from general use that the sound is slightly lower than Maucat AOSP. I'm using the same Nillkin case since I got the phone so I don't think yours is causing much interference.

I might go back to Maucat though because of that lockscreen thing. It's irritating me now.

Guest 77chedu

Have you tried a third party lockscreen such as Zui?

If memory serves me right, I didn't change the lockscreen. I'm pretty sure it's the default one from Micromax

Guest dmrtn

Have you tried a third party lockscreen such as Zui?

If memory serves me right, I didn't change the lockscreen. I'm pretty sure it's the default one from Micromax

Thanks. Will have a look at that app and see if it helps.

And yes, I would imagine it was the Micromax lockscreen. It's not even a locksceen, it's more like a screensaver that I can't deactivate. It sits on top of the Android Pattern lockscreen leaving two screens to go through to get to the Home screen.

Guest korekore1

Thanks. Will have a look at that app and see if it helps.

And yes, I would imagine it was the Micromax lockscreen. It's not even a locksceen, it's more like a screensaver that I can't deactivate. It sits on top of the Android Pattern lockscreen leaving two screens to go through to get to the Home screen.

if you perform a search in the a310 thread for ''video orb'' and ''lockscreen'' you will find the procedure to remove the second micromax lockscreen and only use the aosp one

Guest dmrtn

if you perform a search in the a310 thread for ''video orb'' and ''lockscreen'' you will find the procedure to remove the second micromax lockscreen and only use the aosp one

Superb! Thanks for that. Post 77 in this thread is anyone else cares.

Guest dalyer

I ran the zip file from the Lights thread and I have red, green and yellow. Don't know if yellow was there originally.

Oh great - thanks. I'll try that so. (Don't worry - I will backup before I do :-)

Guest dalyer

I'm giving the Smart Network Xposed module a try instead.

But maybe regular switching between 2G/3G will actually cause MORE rather than LESS battery usage...?

I didn't realise that GravityBox includes its own Smart Network options so the separate Smart Network Xposed module isn't really necessary (although the latter offers more options for other scenarios).

Guest dmrtn

Quick question: I didn't make a back up (always a good move!) and I tried to install the Coolpad Camera on this app. Seems stupid now. Anyway, it didn't work and it interfered with the original camera. Not the apk, possibly libraries? Is there any quick way to undo/fix this? Besides reflashing. Just about to head away for two days.

It's not absolutely vital as I have LG Camera and Lenovo Camera working and they generally give me better results anyway but if you have any idea that would be great.

Guest dalyer

Would it be possible to look at what the Coolpad camera zip (I presume?) installs, what the original ROM zip contains and see if you can manually restore bits that were overwritten?

Guest dalyer

Quick update - no reboots since I posted about this so I guess it was some app or configuration setting and not the ROM itself.

I am very happy with this ROM. Thanks to those who worked on it!

Dakok - you never accepted my paypal donation of beer money and it got returned to me the other day! 

Guest dmrtn

Would it be possible to look at what the Coolpad camera zip (I presume?) installs, what the original ROM zip contains and see if you can manually restore bits that were overwritten?

Installed the Pro Camera apk from the main thread with the same result but I then Uninstalled Updates in the App Settings and now have Coolpad Camera working, though not the Pro version. Happy with that result.

Guest dmrtn

Quick update - no reboots since I posted about this so I guess it was some app or configuration setting and not the ROM itself.

I am very happy with this ROM. Thanks to those who worked on it!

Dakok - you never accepted my paypal donation of beer money and it got returned to me the other day! 

Any improvement on sound with you? Think I'm going to go back to Maucat if I can't get louder volume. Didn't realise how much I use the speaker until I couldn't use it anymore.

Guest dakok

About 10 days without reboots then I installed xposed with several modules and few days after that I had reboot again. Removed xposed, no reboots. :)

Guest dalyer

Any improvement on sound with you? Think I'm going to go back to Maucat if I can't get louder volume. Didn't realise how much I use the speaker until I couldn't use it anymore.

I didn't get a chance to play around with it.

Guest dalyer

About 10 days without reboots then I installed xposed with several modules and few days after that I had reboot again. Removed xposed, no reboots. :)

I'm using Xposed and these modules and no reboots lately:

3C Toolbox

Battery Stats Plus

BootManager

Burnt Toast

Force Fast Scroll

GravityBox [KK]

JustBack

MinMinGuard

StatusbarVolume

YouTube AdAway

YouTube Background Playback

Guest dalyer

Goodnight this rom will be placed at Huawei Y300 thanks for your answers

Are you asking if the ROM that this thread is about will work on the Huawei Y300?

If so then absolutely not. Completely different SoC/hardware.

Guest 77chedu

Hi, 

So I've redone my mmx mod from scratch. You'll be missing Dakok singing on this one, sorry

Highlights:

-Further cleaned up version. Zip size is a little bit smaller than my previous mod, and it includes the velvet.apk (google app) which is a fairly big one

- Re-mapped home button to show recent apps on double tap. Long press is google search. I had to use himax stock policy.jar, because I couldn't find the right smali to change, and it's very frustrating trying to find the needle on the haystack. And the original one, to get it back to normal if you don't like the change

-External SD as default storage available patch

-DPI is set to 290. Feel free to try other numbers, but I think this one works just fine

https://mega.co.nz/#!ARhGxBJI!R6DN29i6031Kdp9X_vtJyVvRM5ZIK58XL2NZYDCIFPI

If you want a "normal" lockscreen, or a better looking contacts app -from maucat aosp-, you can flash these two, but only after google syncing. Otherwise they won't work

Guest dalyer

I'm still using your (77chedu's) original repack of dakok's version - not the new one just mentioned.

One issue that I have (and this may not be the ROM at all) is that I use the Google AOSP (?) Email client to collect mail from a number of sources - but primarily Hotmail.

For Hotmail I have Sync frequency = Smart push and other sync related settings look correct.

But notification of new emails seems totally hit and miss (but more miss than hit as far as I can see).

Often I go to the mail client and manually refresh and lo and behold there are several emails waiting for me that were not automatically sync'd and notified.

Any ideas?

Guest korekore1

I'm still using your (77chedu's) original repack of dakok's version - not the new one just mentioned.

One issue that I have (and this may not be the ROM at all) is that I use the Google AOSP (?) Email client to collect mail from a number of sources - but primarily Hotmail.

For Hotmail I have Sync frequency = Smart push and other sync related settings look correct.

But notification of new emails seems totally hit and miss (but more miss than hit as far as I can see).

Often I go to the mail client and manually refresh and lo and behold there are several emails waiting for me that were not automatically sync'd and notified.

Any ideas?

just install the latest maucat aosp,a310 aosp has nothing better than maucat's

Or if you don't want to start clean,install a third party email app or try PNF Root aap and try to shorten the notifications check interval

Edited by korekore1

Guest dalyer

Or if you don't want to start clean,install a third party email app or try PNF Root aap and try to shorten the notifications check interval

Thanks - don't really want to change ROM right now as - apart from this issue - this ROM is fine.

I'll look at your other suggestions. Thanks.

Edit: actually I changed the stock Google/AOSP mail client Sync frequency from Smart push to Automatic (Push) and that seems to work better so far - i.e. I DO now seem to be getting more reliable notifications. As I said I doubted that this was a ROM issue per se was was more likely to be some quirk of the app - and this maybe reinforces that view. A quick Google suggests that many people have had issues with this client's syncing/notification. However while I was using K9 Mail before I prefer this app now.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

BTW - I didn't like maucat's approach because there was never any indication of what changed in each new update.

And the anecdotal evidence is that people reported more problems with maucat's AOSP releases than with this A310 repack. (I maintained a buglist for a while and there was a lot in it!).

Basically I found it difficult to follow what was going on (and more to the point wrong) with maucat's AOSP releases whereas this ROM/thread is much simpler and having used the ROM for a good while now I have few if any problems due to the ROM itself.

Whether or not one ROM is much better than another seems to be so subjective as to be meaningless except where there are obvious problems with one of them.

So - no offence intended - I'm not convinced when somebody says "nothing better than ROM x". :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest korekore1

BTW - I didn't like maucat's approach because there was never any indication of what changed in each new update.

And the anecdotal evidence is that people reported more problems with maucat's AOSP releases than with this A310 repack. (I maintained a buglist for a while and there was a lot in it!).

Basically I found it difficult to follow what was going on (and more to the point wrong) with maucat's AOSP releases whereas this ROM/thread is much simpler and having used the ROM for a good while now I have few if any problems due to the ROM itself.

Whether or not one ROM is much better than another seems to be so subjective as to be meaningless except where there are obvious problems with one of them.

So - no offence intended - I'm not convinced when somebody says "nothing better than ROM x". :)

well,i only use aosps,a310 was my favorite one,i used it for months but i also try all aosps available.I agree that the no changelog approach is bad.

I only speak for the latest maucat 30.5.15 not earlier versions (which were not as good).But the latest one is better than a310.Its faster and you dont get lags and slowdowns like a310 does after 3-4 weeks of usage.