[ROM] [4.4.2] AOSP Nitro A310 v3 repack

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

very interesting,but what did he change? Anybody tested it?

They didn't know about a310 aosp's existance?!

Edited by korekore1

Guest dakok

I guess not. I sent a message to Liutao with a link to MMX stock rom downloads website few months ago but we were lost in translation. :)

I think that he didn't agree now about my interpretation of "pure stock" Nitro rom (almost 500MB) so he made a realy slim 270MB version

(kicked out 50-90MB of gapps and over 150MB of something else :)???)

In advanced version he added xposed and modules and few more things (greenify?)

Guest 77chedu

I've just uploaded a quick mod myself, 

Deodexed, zipaligned, init.d support. Got rid of that game, added maxxaudio and changed the media folder, and a few apps here and there, including the launcher (apex), plus a bootaudio tribute to Dakok

https://mega.co.nz/#!gUJlVQLR!G0YsaUpqwM9UsnaCy3vaJsaWfsiKAYZPaCbYdUV-nj0

Edited by 77chedu

Guest baniko

I've just uploaded a quick mod myself, 

Deodexed, zipaligned, init.d support. Got rid of that game, added maxxaudio and changed the media folder, and a few apps here and there, including the launcher (apex), plus a bootaudio tribute to Dakok

https://mega.co.nz/#!gUJlVQLR!G0YsaUpqwM9UsnaCy3vaJsaWfsiKAYZPaCbYdUV-nj0

Is possible to introduce 3G support for the 2nd SIM?

Guest 77chedu

Is possible to introduce 3G support for the 2nd SIM?

I wouldn't know. I haven't look into that. If it doesn't work on Dakok's, it won't probably work on mine.

As I said before it only has a few superficial changes, to keep it close to the original.

What's different "under the hood" is that is now deodexed, and kernel has a "normal" size, because Dakok's being an extracted TWRP backup, its size was almost double

Guest dalyer

Am using 77chedu's mod if dakok's original repack ...

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374249-rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack/page-9#entry2257054

... and it's early days but looks very good so far.

No offence dakok but I didn't like the startup acapella (or the shutdown sound) so I renamed these to disable them!  :blush:

Do either/both of you have donation links?

Guest dalyer

One question please.I would like to press the home button and while keeping it pressed,see recent apps and be able able to close them,like any other classic rom.Your way may be more efficient as far as it concerns battery consumption,but i like this better.How can i found this option in the menu?Thank you for this so good ROM! :)

Not sure if you know already but with this ROM press and hold the menu/left hand capacitive button and you get a list of recent apps and the option to close some or all of them.

Guest dakok

I had it for two weeks, just for fun :D

(although I'm keeping the one at the needrom :))

Guest 77chedu

Am using 77chedu's mod if dakok's original repack ...

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374249-rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack/page-9#entry2257054

... and it's early days but looks very good so far.

No offence dakok but I didn't like the startup acapella (or the shutdown sound) so I renamed these to disable them!  :blush:

Lol.  

I thought it was a funny touch, at least for the first boot. Maybe on succesive reboots you get tired

No, I don't have a donation link

Guest dalyer

Lol.  

I thought it was a funny touch, at least for the first boot. Maybe on succesive reboots you get tired

I just prefer a silent phone - no haptic feedback, no unnecessary beeps/clicks/sounds.  ^_^

Guest dalyer

I had it for two weeks, just for fun :D

(although I'm keeping the one at the needrom :))

Where is it?

I tried the one on Needrom but I get this:

Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds.

Don't get too excited though - it's just beer money (or compensation for me deleting your singing!)... :D

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Tried again with a direct PayPal payment... :-)

Great ROM (as I said I'm using 77chedu's mod of dakok's repack).

Really liking it the last few days.

Thanks a lot guys!

I see that you say here that this ROM will not be updated:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/373543-poll-the-best-coolpad-f1-rom-is-outdated/#entry2231720

Is this still true even though I have seen slightly later versions/builds of the underlying Micromax A310 ROM somewhere (can't remember where offhand)?

I think you (dakok) said that there's no real point in updating it rather than waiting to see what Android L ROMs are like when they arrive?

Guest dakok

Cheers for the beers! :)

v3 might be updated by Miicromax to a lollipop v4.

That's what I am hoping for.

I added few releases based on this rom

that were made by liutao in the first post.

Edited by dakok

Guest dalyer

A few questions...

Now it's near 1d 22h with near 4h SOT
and remaining capacity is 57%!
It stalled at 100%, 75%, 70% and 60% for hours.

I presume that this "rectified" itself?

I never noticed any strange/"stepped" battery discharge behaviour myself. 

Did anybody else?

Just to add that it has 800-900 MB free RAM but it stays there all the time

How is that a good thing?

Surely unused RAM is a bad thing?

Maybe you can explain?

Νot a bad move to freeze ''firmware update'' and ''fota update'' system apps..we don't use them anyway.

Seems that Micromax is down the Coolpad road!

http://www.xda-developers.com/micromax-remotely-installing-unwanted-apps-on-devices/

FWIW I guess that 77chedu's mod/repack removed these because I don't see any trace of them now?

Auto brightness is strange,but you can use Lux.

Yeah - I used one of the sensor tester apps and the brightness reading seemed to fluctuate randomly so I guess that this is why the auto brightness is a bit odd.

Is this due to some difference between the Micromax A310 and the Coolpad F1 the light sensor or something?

I just use GravityBox to put the brightness adjuster in the status bar and control it manually myself (normally leaving it low except when outdoors).

I'm not being capable of chanching the DPI in this ROM. I've tried textdroider_dpi but it's not working.

Apologies if it's a dumb question but what are the pros and cons of changing DPI on a global or per-app (e.g. using Xposed module) basis?

Can apps be moved to sd card?

Yeah - how come there is no option in Manage Apps to do this?

Not a big deal and I know that I can use the likes of link2sd but was just curious.

Regarding exclamation mark, I had it when removed and later returned SIM and SD card. Now it's OK again. :)

I get this Micromax red exclamation (battery empty?) icon on reboot too even when the battery is charged.

No big deal but it would be nice to get rid of it if possible.

Just one short question, How to remove Micromax Care phone number from contacts? I've deleted it many times, but when I turn OFF/ON phone it's again there. I turned off synchronization..

Anybody find a way?

Again not a big deal but would be nice to get rid of it if possible.

Lastly anybody tried ART with this?

Does it work OK? (I know I know - backup and try it yourself :))

Are there any benefits?

[Edit] Oh - if Xposed doesn't work on ART then it's all moot for me anyway. :)

Thanks a lot.

Great ROM.

[Edit 2] Anybody else experience any seemingly random reeboots?  :( Any tips on diagnosing them?

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Just wondering if anybody else has any feedback on any of my issues/questions mentioned above?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374249-rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack/page-10#entry2257952

I'm still getting the odd sporadic reboot but haven't pinned it down to anything specific yet.

As mentioned above I did a clean install and did not backup/restore anything nor do I use Greenify or any similar tool.

I have installed and configured a number of apps since installing so it could be one of these rather than the ROM itself that is causing the reboots.

I did look at /proc/last_kmesg after a couple of reboots but it didn't really clarify much.

It seems to be saying that the last reboot was caused by a watchdog timeout but that still doesn't really tell me WHAT causes the problem.

I may have to diagnose further and maybe even start again with a clean install and incrementally add my favourite apps/configurations to see if I can nail the problem down.

I found this thread had some useful info about trying to diagnose unexpected reboots.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-platform/VVHA6-eRB3c

If anybody has any other advice or comments I'm all ears. :D

Edited by dalyer

Guest dakok

If you have Nitro v3 - it might be up to it. I had several random reboots. I am using

maucat's Miui for some time now (don't ask for the link - I don't remember where I picked it)

Guest dalyer

Thanks dakok.

Yes I'm using 77chedu's repack of your Nitro A310 v3.

I wasn't aware of anybody else experiencing reboots with this ROM or variants on it.

Other than one (?) person who may have been using Greenify and/or Titanium restored apps/data.

I'll see if I can diagnose it further but if it's the ROM then I doubt that I personally can do much about it.

I may look at using another ROM if it persists and becomes a significant problem.

Pity because otherwise this ROM seems almost perfect.

Guest korekore1

Thanks dakok.

Yes I'm using 77chedu's repack of your Nitro A310 v3.

I wasn't aware of anybody else experiencing reboots with this ROM or variants on it.

Other than one (?) person who may have been using Greenify and/or Titanium restored apps/data.

I'll see if I can diagnose it further but if it's the ROM then I doubt that I personally can do much about it.

I may look at using another ROM if it persists and becomes a significant problem.

Pity because otherwise this ROM seems almost perfect.

a310 and a310 decrapiffied (the old dakok repack) don't have reboots,its either an app or a bad repack thats causing them.