Have i got a faulty Tablet??

Guest gadget goblin

Guest gadget goblin

Hi there, i have a hudl that we got the mother in law for xmas. She has been complaining of poor battery life and i have to agree that something isn't right.

I took the tablet home with me last night and did a full reset back to factory settings. I then put it on charge to get a full 100% i took it off charge last at 10am and it showed a full 100%.

I have left it on the side table all day and haven't touched it until now 19:30 and the battery life is showing 45%

I know the battery life isn't fantastic with these tablets as i have done my research but dropping 55% in 9.5 hours with no use at all sends me warning messages that something just isn't right. 

The tablet has had a few charges since xmas so the battery has had a good work in.

Id like to hear of other users and what their battery situations are like 

Thanks

Guest benzodiazepines

Any apps running in the background all the time with a lot of wakelocks like Facebook? If you have a few of those always running it will burn battery. Can you post a screenshot of the battery stats in your settings?

If not, then it does sound like a fault because half the battery going with it only being left in standby isn't right. Go get it replaced.

Guest gadget goblin

i don't have Facebook or any apps installed i reset it to factory settings. Only put in her google profile like it asked during set up then charged up and left as described. 

Guest benzodiazepines

Yeah that's definitely not right, call up Tesco tech support or go into one of the big shops (the express ones probably won't have Hudls) and get a new one. Keep that picture for evidence if you need it but if you just got it you should have no trouble getting a new unit.

Guest Mark_He

Yeah, something's running wrong there, and if you've already done a factory reset then a return should be on the cards. Note that you need to call tech support before going into a store, to get a returns number (although in another thread someone who went straight in was allowed to ring tech support from the store desk!)

Guest Desolutional

Google Play Services can do this sometimes as it becomes more "homely" with the new device. It tends to issue thousands of "NlpWakelocks" during its period of initialisation where it is trying to find your location (nothing malicious mind), and enable location services. Why it does this, I have no idea, blame Google. Pop it back on charge for a day or so, then try again. Restart the device and leave it idle for a few hours. If that hasn't fixed it, then it might genuinely be an issue with the ROM.

In summary, leave it on charge overnight. Take off charger in morning and restart device, leave it to "sleep" all day. If significant battery drain is still seen, then it's time to go to Tescos.

My CyanogenMod phone does this too after updating some Google apps.

Edited by Desolutional