hudl 2 gamepad compatability

Guest kevin Oliver

Guest kevin Oliver

Ive been Trying to use my wired ps3 pad via otg for weeks now , the app recognises the pad but says the hudl 2 lacks the drivers to be able to use it

Has anyone managed to get either a ps3 or xbox360 wired pad to work via

Otg cable ? And if so how ?

Guest Jabbitt

Does anyone have any good recommendations for an android gamepad? Either Bluetooth or wired?

Also doors anyone know if GTA Chinatown supports gamepad playability?

I found this detailed review on the HUDL2 and in there is a strong recommend for an Ipega gamepad. I've personally never tried it, but the guy does seem to know what he's talking about....

http://www.jdgleaver.co.uk/blog/2014/11/05/the_hudl_2_tips_and_tweaks_and_gaming.html 

FWIW, I can also plug an Xbox 360 wired controller in via OTG and it just works.

Edited by esc4p3

Using the sixxaxis app from playstore which costs less than £1, I have successfully used my PS4 pad with the Hudl2 via otg cable. It works perfectly with fpse and ppsspp. All controls work and buttons are easily remapped in these programs. I will try it with a Dualshock 3 ps3 pad in a bit and let you know if it works, I'm pretty sure it will.

Edited by 4L0M

I am unable to get a ps3 Dualshock pad working at all, I am starting to wonder if the pad I'm trying is knackered. Got xbox one pad working perfectly over otg using usb/bt joystick centre app. The left analogue stick and dpad were swapped round, but that's an easy fix in the joystick centre settings.

Edited by 4L0M

On the back of this......are there any pretty epic games that would make use of the gamepads? 

I only ask as I have an xb 360 controller and would love something cracker to play on the hudl when on hols.

And no....not angry birds/candy crush :P

J

I use a pad to play emulators on my Hudl2 like psp or psone games, but I'm currently playing on my Hudl2, Plague Inc ( a strategy game ) and Baldurs Gate EE ( a port of the classic pc rpg game.). Neither of these require a pad to play and they are both great games.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have to be rooted with an otg app for this to work?

I don't think you need to be rooted to use a 360 controller, and I'm not using any app to use 360 controller. Just plug it into OTG cable and it works natively.

I AM using an app called sixaxis from playstore for PS4 controller, this DOES require root access.

Edited by 4L0M

OK thanks, I was trying to get my sons xbone controller going, cable or Bluetooth, no luck either way but I think it does need special drivers, maybe wrong.

I just used "USB/BT joystick centre" with xbox one controller on my Hudl 2 and it works perfectly over OTG. You will need root access though I think.

Edited by 4L0M

Yeah its asking for root, but don't particularly want to yet, did have a go with an old PSP, this doesn't work either, though was fine with my PC using 'fusa', guess I'll have to get a cheapy controller.

Edited by mrrog

Yeah its asking for root, but don't particularly want to yet, did have a go with an old PSP, this doesn't work either, though was fine with my PC using 'fusa', guess I'll have to get a cheapy controller.

Have now got that PSP controller working, stupid error on my part, so am playing a PSP game (daxter) with a PSP emulator (ppsspp) with a PSP controller on an android tablet, all working a treat

Now to play a Wii game on the dolphin emulator with a Wii controller, on the hudl tablet, oh the glorious pointlessness of it all