Downloading update but error on installing and update available loop

Guest billymansell

Guest billymansell

Well I got notice of the new update so downloaded it and restarted upon request.

After about 20 second of start of installing update I'm getting the following error;

assert failed: apply-patch_check("/system/build.prop". [two alpha-numeric sequences]

E:Error in /cache/update.zip

(Status 7)

E:Install of cache/update.zip failed with status 1

Installation aborted

It's reported this each time I've tried installing it and when I reboot it goes straight to the update available screen to download it again, restart again and try to install it again but to no avail.

Any ideas appreciated as to how to get out of this loop. Thanks.

Guest billymansell

Booted in safe mode but it still goes straight to update available screen and unable to do anything else.

It had been rooted but I'd unrooted it with SuperSU.

Guest arnookie

No don't unroot with supersu. It will not unroot the device back to stock fully. You might need to reflash with official unrooted rom then update.

You could probably reflash with the rooted rom then wait for paul to make another updated root with the updated files. :0)

I'm waiting for Paul to get the update and make a new flashable root method.

Edited by arnookie

Guest arnookie

Let us know how you go on with it. Personaly I would re-flash the rooted rom and just wait for paul to make updated root for us.

He's just waiting to get the update himself. 

:0)

Guest Slymobi

Just got home to an update is available !! Feels like Christmas again lol. Not updated yet but it does state that apps to SD is now available too :) I will report back after I have updated.

Guest billymansell

Let us know how you go on with it. Personaly I would re-flash the rooted rom and just wait for paul to make updated root for us.

He's just waiting to get the update himself. 

:0)

If I'd had more patience I would have given re-flashing the rom a go but as I had to go out and was passing Tesco I thought I'd see if they'd exchange the tablet, which they did. 

As others have said, moving apps to SD is now functional although only time will tell if the battery and clock issues have been resolved.

Edited by billymansell

Booted in safe mode but it still goes straight to update available screen and unable to do anything else.

It had been rooted but I'd unrooted it with SuperSU.

I just installed the update straight over the top of the rooted rom, worked fine for me. I disabled xposed framework before I did the ota. I tried supersu survival to keep root, but annoyingly it didn't work. Have you actually edited your build prop file at all? It could also be a corrupted download.

Edit : Oh well, I see you got a replacement.......... Never mind the above

Edited by 4L0M