S500 stock JB, UNLOCK BOOTLOADER?

Guest nardoman

Guest nardoman

Hi, i'm trying to wipe all data from my phone, to unlock my bootloader. when i tried to do so from the system setting app, the phone shows up a message in bootloader mode saying there was such no recovery on my phone (neither the acer one). How can i continue the process?

Help me, pleaseee  :(

EDIT: the message (the phone was charging) is

"Recovery image verified failed

boot mode: fastboot!

lk version: JB-f7e7564 !"

RI-EDIT: i solved the problem booting CWM from the cloud mobile tool app, but the same tool don't unlock my bootloader (option 20 - 3 doesn't work). please help me!

Edited by nardoman

Hi, i'm trying to wipe all data from my phone, to unlock my bootloader. when i tried to do so from the system setting app, the phone shows up a message in bootloader mode saying there was such no recovery on my phone (neither the acer one). How can i continue the process?

Help me, pleaseee  :(

EDIT: the message (the phone was charging) is

"Recovery image verified failed

boot mode: fastboot!

lk version: JB-f7e7564 !"

RI-EDIT: i solved the problem booting CWM from the cloud mobile tool app, but the same tool don't unlock my bootloader (option 20 - 3 doesn't work). please help me!

Which CPU?

fastboot -i 0x0502 oem device-infos

Guest nardoman

Sorry I had problem accessing internet, i solved the bootloader unlock problem manually (the same exploit of the tool).

So, the question is, could i permanently mount r/w /system?

P.S.: Ivan69, se puoi rispondermi in italiano sarebbe meglio, visto che sono italiano anche io e a volte le guide sono incomprensibili per me, visto che sono nuovo del mondo del rooting android :)

• 7 months later...

1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.

2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.

3. This works on Windows based PCs only.

4. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.

Downloading Required Files:

1. S500 Root (Download link’s given in the first post)

2. Superuser (Download link’s given in the first post)Java training in chennai

III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Acer CloudMobile running Jelly Bean:

1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.

2. Extract files from the S500 Root archive over to your Desktop.

3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going toMenu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.

4. Once it’s been enabled, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.

5. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on your screen and select Open command window here.

6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window you just launched:

adb reboot bootloader

7. Your device should reboot into bootloader mode.

8. Now issue the following command to flash the recovery:

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery CWM-6.0.1.5_S500.img

9. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.

10. You’re done!

Great! The CWM Recovery has been successfully flashed on your device, let’s see how you can root your device.

IV. Rooting the Acer CloudMobile running Jelly Bean:

1. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.

2. Copy the Superuser file over to the root of your SD card.

3. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, then select Open command window here.

4. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:

adb reboot recovery Corporate training in chennai

5. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.

6. Choose the Superuser file you copied earlier to your device for flashing.

7. Once the file’s been flashed, reboot your device.

8. And you’re all done!

Excellent! Your CloudMobile has been rooted as well as equipped with a custom recovery to help you get started with custom ROMs and other custom developments!

V. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):

1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Acer CloudMobile to learn how to do that.