Max size sd card

Guest chs117

Guest r00tmydevices

Many people are using 64GB cards with not only the hudl2 but also the original hudl.

Really? Wish I had asked that question before ordering a 32GB microSD card specifically for use in my H2 as I already had a brand new unused 64GB!

Guest glossywhite

As a guideline, I think the reason most manufacturers use 32GB as a maximum size for micro SD card, is that 32GB is the maximum size that SDHC cards go up to in "FAT32" format - beyond that, they're usually "exFAT" format, (a Microsoft format). I know that my Motorola Moto G 2nd gen ("XT1068") says 32GB is the maximum, but I use "Rufus" to format my 64GB+ SandDisk Ultra SDHC cards as "FAT32" with a 32KB block size, and the Moto G has no problem using the full capacity (I speak from thorough testing, as my current card is currently at 40GB usage, and I've never once had even a minor issue - all is flawless.

As regards the Hudl 2 firmware, I can't comment as I don't have one, but I don't envisage a problem. This common, rather artificial limitation appears to be a result of over hesitancy of manufacturers to guarantee something that would mean user confusion (IE: they'd have to get into formatting tools and block sizes) - I think this is just a matter of keeping things simple for the consumer, and for the support staff who deal with the products.

Try Rufus - it is superb - and remember - 32KB block size, FAT32 :)

Guest r00tmydevices

Try Rufus - it is superb - and remember - 32KB block size, FAT32 :)

Thanks for the detailed reply. Do this with memorycard connected to a Windows machine or insert into H2 microSD slot and do this on the tablet?

Guest glossywhite

Thanks for the detailed reply. Do this with memorycard connected to a Windows machine or insert into H2 microSD slot and do this on the tablet?

You're most welcome. 

You do this on a PC, with the card inserted into a stand alone card reader (not the device). Rufus is a Windows program :)

Guest Mark_He

Really? Wish I had asked that question before ordering a 32GB microSD card specifically for use in my H2 as I already had a brand new unused 64GB!

Insert 64GB card into Hudl, accept offer to format it, wait 5 secs, use.