[ROM][5.1.1][ALL]SlimLP Beta 0.15 [06/02/16 ]

Guest chil360

Guest zamaleeff

G330: Anyone managed to install this yet? Does the audio work?

G330 U8825-1

CWM v6.0.4.5:

(Status 1Installation aborted

TWRP 2.8.4.0:

error executing updater binary in zip 'SlimLP'

E: Unable to mount '/system'

other users g330 exactly the same problem

Edited by zamaleeff

Guest DeveloperDutch

Hello everyone I have started CM 12 based on chil360 sources I got the build to start 2 times first time error was fixed thanks to chil but now I have a problem that is pretty difficult I think:

device/huawei/u8833/audio/AudioHardware_cad.cpp: In member function 'virtual size_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::getInputBufferSize(uint32_t, int, int)':
device/huawei/u8833/audio/AudioHardware_cad.cpp:976:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
}
^
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors
build/core/binary.mk:617: recipe for target '/home/gregor/android/out/target/product/u8833/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.msm7x27a_intermediates/AudioHardware_cad.o' failed
make: *** [/home/gregor/android/out/target/product/u8833/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.msm7x27a_intermediates/AudioHardware_cad.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

My sources are available already and up to date with my progress, you can find them at: https://github.com/developerdutch

Please help so we can have cm12 to

Guest andrea2107

Hello everyone I have started CM 12 based on chil360 sources I got the build to start 2 times first time error was fixed thanks to chil but now I have a problem that is pretty difficult I think:

device/huawei/u8833/audio/AudioHardware_cad.cpp: In member function 'virtual size_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::getInputBufferSize(uint32_t, int, int)':

device/huawei/u8833/audio/AudioHardware_cad.cpp:976:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]

}

^

cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors

build/core/binary.mk:617: recipe for target '/home/gregor/android/out/target/product/u8833/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.msm7x27a_intermediates/AudioHardware_cad.o' failed

make: *** [/home/gregor/android/out/target/product/u8833/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.msm7x27a_intermediates/AudioHardware_cad.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

My sources are available already and up to date with my progress, you can find them at: https://github.com/developerdutch

Please help so we can have cm12 to

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/374484-[ROM][Y300][5.0.2]-Cyanogenmod-12

Guest DeveloperDutch

Does any of you have the feeling that SlimLP is smoother than slimkat, because I have the feeling lollipop is better for our device than kitkat

Guest andrea2107

Does any of you have the feeling that SlimLP is smoother than slimkat, because I have the feeling lollipop is better for our device than kitkat

Lollipop= better runtime = art final

KitKat= old runtime/prototype runtime = dalvik/art prototype

Guest juanpablocastillo

For me in stock browser all videos work so maybe that's another bug we can remove from bug list

Video playback works, but with software decoders. This is the cause of lag on videos. Hardware video encoders/decoders doesn't work.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Lollipop= better runtime = art final

KitKat= old runtime/prototype runtime = dalvik/art prototype

And don't forgive the under-the-hood changes! Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest abarthman

Just installed this and my home button isn't working.

I have to use the back button to get back to the home screen.

Anyone else getting this or know a fix?

Edit:  Fixed it by wiping the system under Advanced Wipe in TWRP.

Edited by abarthman

Hi folks - the chil360 Mobile Data fixed kernel works well on CyanogenMod 12, as shown when looking at the "reception" icons on the top-right corner of the screen:

rvWO6cl.pngfv9VHh0.pngij9X9ua.pnge6GZGq9.png

Great job chil360 for the SlimLP ROM and the kernel, and great job Luca for the CM12 ROM - you guys, and everyone else involved, have given the Y300 the opportunity to have the first lick of the Lollipop LOL!

Also, would it be okay if I was to upload a REPACKED version of the SlimLP ROM that has the fixed kernel?

Edited by aha360

What is best rom android 5, cm or slim?

If you want to be the first in line for Lollipop updates on the Huawei Ascend Y300 and don't like to deal with the sluggish startup, SlimLP is your best bet, but if you like the familiarity of Cyanogen, just stick with CM12 (correct as of 08-Feb-2015).

Edited by aha360