Huawei Y550 Unlocking to Three UK Network

Guest dmm10000

Guest dmm10000

Hi Folks

newbie here - good to meet the community

I have recently purchased an O2  Huawei Y550 and need to unlock it to the Three UK network

I have contaced a few Ebay sellers of Unlock codes and asked them will the unlocks work for Three UK

Some have replied yes and others have replied no - I am confused how can this be ?

Surely an unlock code will be exactly the same the same for a specific IMEI regardless of which seller I purchase the unlock code from ?

Has anyone used unlockers on Ebay or elsewhere or could they recommend a service which would be able to unlock an O2 Huawei Y550 for use on the Three Uk network ? - thanks

Edited by dmm10000

hi, exact same here but bought on ee, anyway, ill let you know tommorrow when mine arrives m8:)

its only £1.47 so ill take the plundge for ya.:)

Edited by stodag

Guest dmm10000

thanks stodag :)

its not the money ...i'm just wondering are there different unlock codes that will unlock only a few networks and maybe other better ones that unlock all networks

good on ya for trying yes please let me know how you get on ....

will do m8, im on three usually but couldnt resist the small askin price of the ee model lol.

one question, have you got multitouch problems ie: pinch to zoom? could you please try with the multitiuch app? thanks pal.

Guest dmm10000

I'll be picking up the phone mid next week stodag and i'll check that out for you - its locked to O2

I can only assume there'd be one code and one code only per phone to unlock it - maybe some of the more experienced folk on here could confirm ?

havent heard of a reason why three uk wont unlock but one seller on Ebay did say Three Uk wouldnt unlock when i asked him .......

Guest dmm10000

Hi Stodag / Folks

yes the ebay yz communications unlock code seems to have worked fine - they actually sent me 2 codes for some reason - i only used the first one

..... the 3 network notification now appears and theres a few bars of signal

hope this helps other users who have purchased this phone my phone came from the O2 shop and was locked to O2

thanks all

Edited by dmm10000

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Cheezypig

Hi Folks

newbie here - good to meet the community

I have recently purchased an O2  Huawei Y550 and need to unlock it to the Three UK network

I have contaced a few Ebay sellers of Unlock codes and asked them will the unlocks work for Three UK

Some have replied yes and others have replied no - I am confused how can this be ?

Surely an unlock code will be exactly the same the same for a specific IMEI regardless of which seller I purchase the unlock code from ?

Has anyone used unlockers on Ebay or elsewhere or could they recommend a service which would be able to unlock an O2 Huawei Y550 for use on the Three Uk network ? - thanks

If someone do not trust ebay unlockers there is always option to unlock phone via various tools, like dc-unlocker. Kinda late, but maybe some1 will need it.

Detecting procedure: https://youtu.be/KmCOFERPIuI