Problem finding "saved" photos in email attachment (Hudl 2)

Guest robj

Problem is trying to find where photos are saved to after saving from email.  After opening the photo the save option  (top right of screen) doesn't offer choice of locations; on reopening the photo from the email it just says it's saved - but no location.  Basically I have to open the email each time to view the photo - and presumably can't delete the email or the photo goes.

I've checked Gallery, ES File Explorer, downloads, docs etc - but no sign of the saved photos.  Any suggestions please?  (My email is Windows Live synced from my PC)

Guest seanspotatobusiness

Do you know the name of any of the photos? If so, tap on "search" at the bottom of ES File Explorer and type in part of the name and it should be among the results. Long press the relevant photo and tap on more or use the menu button. Tap properties and the properties dialogue with give you the path to the file.

Thanks for that.  The file name is  IMG************WA****.jpg.  No sign of this on searching.  Properties revealed a very long file name related to "emulated".  Really did not understand.

Guest seanspotatobusiness

Your filename has all those asterisks in it? Asterisks are often used as "wildcards" in search strings that can be used as a placeholder for unknown sequences. What I would do is send myself an e-mail with a photo attached with a name like blahblah.jpg and then I'd download that on the Hudl and search for it and then you'll know the path to all the other photos.