Frozen Internal Memory

Guest Blanicus

Guest Blanicus

Hello. I own a Huawei Ascend G300 and I have the following problem. My phone seems to be in a read-only mode. If I uninstall applications and I reboot they are back as they were before the reboot. Same thing when trying to install any ROM image. Same even if I format (no errors). My phone picked a moment in time when I had the Wi-Fi on and now it always starts like that no matter what I do.

I have installed ADB, but I don't know what to do with it. Google didn't help also. I can work with the phone if needed, but only for a limited time if I turn off the Wi-Fi. If I keep the Wi-Fi on the applications go into a crashing loop mode.

Please help. Thank you.

Guest zzz3bra

I'm not so much technician, but seems like flash memory turned into read-only mode. It happens when flash memory controller encounter too many errors while writing blocks (which is sign that flash memory die). I'm not sure that you can do anything with it on your own.

Guest Blanicus

I'm not so much technician, but seems like flash memory turned into read-only mode. It happens when flash memory controller encounter too many errors while writing blocks (which is sign that flash memory die). I'm not sure that you can do anything with it on your own.

When I use the "Show Log" option in CWM I get the following error: "I: Can't partition non-vfat: vfat" It's the only error that I see no matter what I do. I thought about the read-only thing too and seems like the only reasonable cause. But I can uninstall applications just fine. A reboot brings them back :)

Will try and update. Thanks.

Guest Blanicus

I get pink screen when I press power and volume up and down. On re-mounting as USB the dload folder isn't there. There is no error when copying it. If I delete files on re-mount they are still there.

Any other advice? I am sure that some ADB commands can fix this, but I don't know what commands.

You should put the /dload/update.app on the external sdcard if I recall correctly.

If you get a pink screen or other errors then you may need a "middle package" to perform the installation of stock B952.

Search the forum as there are a number of "middle packages" and one of them may work here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blanicus

You should put the /dload/update.app on the external sdcard if I recall correctly.

If you get a pink screen or other errors then you may need a "middle package" to perform the installation of stock B952.

Search the forum as there are a number of "middle packages" and one of them may work here.

Let me see if I got this right. I put the middle file (dload folder) on my microSD card and I press Power+Volume down and I wait?

Guest Blanicus

Ok did that, but now I get a frozen Huawei logo. Nothing else happens. Ideas? :D

UPDATE: ok, tried middle package and I got this error:

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app 
call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST
OEMSBL_VER fail.
OEMSBL_VER_LIST,is_rx_finish=0,is_operate_succ=1,current_operate=2
call dload_machine data process failed,module = OEMSBL_VER
OEMSBL_VER fail.
OEMSBL_VER fail.
OEMSBL_VER fail.
OEMSBL_VER fail.
CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xe9000000, len_tmp=0x19
dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Edited by Blanicus