Did you get one? How do you like it?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gingerninja

Same here just got one, waiting for nano sim to arrive. Initial impressions are good.

A couple of questions

Is it possible to receive calls on both sims at the same time?

Can the phone be woken by home button or double tapping the screen?

Thanks

Andy

Guest KonstaT
iPhone Galaxy S6. I see what you did there ZTE. :P

It could be a decent device if you can get past the silly 'designed by ZTE in California' nonsense. Compared to other Snapdragon 615 (msm8939) devices, it has pretty much identical specs as Cyanogen powered Micromax YU Yureka (Yureka has half an inch bigger display and bigger removable battery) and ZTE costs more than twice as much (~140$ vs. 299$)! It's of course difficult to get your hands on an Yureka outside India and it's heavily subsidized as it's a new brand entering the market. You can also get a MWC2015 premiered Sony Xperia M4 Aqua with virtually the same specs for about the same price (299€). Though Blade S6 is not outrageously overpriced, design is not the only thing ZTE tried to copy from the big players. ;)

Edit. Just noticed this goes for £169.99 in the UK. Certainly that price is more in the right direction.

Guest Robbo87

Mine came yesterday.

So far I'm happy with it considering the price, spec wise it's a good replacement for my nexus 4.

It does feel a bit "light" and plasticy in the hand but you get what you pay for I guess.

My Main annoyance is that sky go doesn't work but that is probably down to android 5.0 as opposed to the phone.

The phone does seem to creak a lot when I hold it because of the plastic and it feels like it probably moves more than it should.

I've not bothered rooting yet and not sure if I will yet but I guess I need to get a bit more use out of the phone. One thing I have noticed is that the phone seems to lose connectivity to mobile data quite a lot and I'm needing to activate and deactivate aeroplane mode to get out of it.

Edited by Robbo87

Guest gingerninja

Is any one having issues with gps? Ive been using mine for a week and liking it but today I tried to use google maps for directions and found it not to work. Any one else having problems?

Guest Robbo87

Is any one having issues with gps? Ive been using mine for a week and liking it but today I tried to use google maps for directions and found it not to work. Any one else having problems?

I've found google maps to be hit and miss the few times I have used it. First time it constantly lost signal on the motorway and the second time whilst driving round the lake district it worked fine :/

Main issue I'm having is with the volume buttons. Very easy to catch and change volumes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aouniat

iPhone Galaxy S6. I see what you did there ZTE. :P

It could be a decent device if you can get past the silly 'designed by ZTE in California' nonsense. Compared to other Snapdragon 615 (msm8939) devices, it has pretty much identical specs as Cyanogen powered Micromax YU Yureka (Yureka has half an inch bigger display and bigger removable battery) and ZTE costs more than twice as much (~140$ vs. 299$)! It's of course difficult to get your hands on an Yureka outside India and it's heavily subsidized as it's a new brand entering the market. You can also get a MWC2015 premiered Sony Xperia M4 Aqua with virtually the same specs for about the same price (299€). Though Blade S6 is not outrageously overpriced, design is not the only thing ZTE tried to copy from the big players. ;)

Edit. Just noticed this goes for £169.99 in the UK. Certainly that price is more in the right direction.

Actually gearbest is selling it at around 220-230 USD with free worldwide shipping. Try to google discount codes from gearbest for the ZTE S6. They're easy to find. Got mind for 220 !

Same here just got one, waiting for nano sim to arrive. Initial impressions are good.

A couple of questions

Is it possible to receive calls on both sims at the same time?

Can the phone be woken by home button or double tapping the screen?

Thanks

Andy

No you can't use both sims are the same time. That's why it's called "passive" dual-sim. Very few phones use the "active" dual sim as far as I know, and those allow to have 2 active sims at the same time.

Guest gingerninja

You can use 2 sims at the same time I currently have a tesco sim in slot 1 and ee sim in slot 2. Data only available on sim 1, calls can be received on both sims and outgoing calls can be set to either or asked each time. Only issue I am having is poor gps signal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Robbo87

Well I don't know what happened but mine is now a brick, won't turn on at all, and when plugged into charger I just get the solid charge light and nothing else!