Access to Clear cache and other options are changed in lollipop - official site currently out of date

Guest jazzuk777

Guest jazzuk777

Just a heads up that I found I couldn't use the official guidance on the Motorola site today to clear my cache to try to fix the laggy issues I've been having with Lollipop on my XT1068.

You still hold down volume DOWN for few secs and then power button to reboot into menu and then select recovery mode same way. 

However to get to next recovery menu, you press power and then I think tap volume UP to get menu with clear cache option plus other options (I had to play around a little but I think this was option that did it), NOT holding volume UP for 10-15s before tapping power etc as mentioned on the Motorola site. Motorola tech chat told me Lollipop has changed this but they've not updated the site yet. Rest of steps are unchanged.

Now hoping a cache wipe has fixed my lag! Certainly looking better so far, fingers crossed.

Guest jazzuk777

UPDATE: Got this guidance emailed from Motorola as a follow up on how to access factory reset (it is on the same menu as the Wipe Cache Partition plus other recovery and update tools)

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time (You can also hold Volume Up+Power+Volume Down) until the device turns on.

2. Press the Volume Down button once to highlight "Recovery mode"

3. Press the Volume Up button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."

4. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button and release both at the same time,do this twice or thrice.

5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.

6. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it