Moto G screen issue after update to lollypop

Guest rwalton159

Guest rwalton159

Updated to lollypop via ota yesterday. All seem okay.

This afternoon I unlocked the screen and I couldn't do anything with the phone. The screen displayed the bottom icons. Despite locking and relocking the screen I couldn't get anywhere.

I rebooted the phone 4 times before it was okay.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Might be worth a factory reset if you haven't done it already. I don't trust a tainted install; there could be all sorts of conflicts. I know it's a pain in the bum but could well save you a lot of headache in the long term.

Guest rwalton159

Wish I'd never updated. Despite a factory reset the phone is now buggy. Last night it locked the screen and I could hear it clicking away. After three reboots I was able to use it again.

Guest eLJay

My phone is still probably less buggy than when it was on 4.4.4 and definitely less buggy than stock.

Couple of things, updates can be horrendous, I switched off auto updates as the phone can get unresponsive if these kick in. I'm also running ART and not dalvick. Plus I'm running Google Now as my launcher not the stock launcher. It runs well, app to main screen is still a little low. Hope we get 5.1 as that update was for performance issues anyway.

Edited by eLJay

Guest rwalton159

I've cleared the cache and the phone has been OK.

I use windows 8 launcher. Like the android phone but the windows launcher is so flexible. Everything is where it needs to be

• 2 weeks later...