[DEV][ROM][24.4.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest micmon

Because it's obviously the wrong file. That's for Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) like it says in the commit and it's two years old anyway...

You need to use the specific one for Lollipop keyboard.

I really think there must be another problem. I tried the file from pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-20150315-signed.zip and pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.1-20150315-signed.zip as well as the direct download from here both naming them libjni_unbundled_latinimegoogle.so as well as replacing the libjni_latinime.so file and rebooting each time. I also wiped cache and dalvic cache but still no luck...

Guest KonstaT

I really think there must be another problem. I tried the file from pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-20150315-signed.zip and pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.1-20150315-signed.zip as well as the direct download from here both naming them libjni_unbundled_latinimegoogle.so as well as replacing the libjni_latinime.so file and rebooting each time. I also wiped cache and dalvic cache but still no luck...

You need to use the file from 5.1 gapps (this one to be exact), don't even bother trying with anything else. Also I have to take back what I said about the filename. libjni_latinimegoogle.so is correct like I initially said. I had some recollection we changed it afterwards but couldn't find the change the last time I looked.

So, correct file as libjni_latinimegoogle.so (or replace libjni_latinime.so), correct permission (644), reboot and it should work. No need to wipe anything.

Guest micmon

You need to use the file from 5.1 gapps (this one to be exact), don't even bother trying with anything else. Also I have to take back what I said about the filename. libjni_latinimegoogle.so is correct like I initially said. I had some recollection we changed it afterwards but could find the change the last time I looked.

So, correct file as libjni_latinimegoogle.so (or replace libjni_latinime.so), correct permission (644), reboot and it should work. No need to wipe anything.

Thanks!! Finally, I got it to work.

For the record:

$ wget -c https://github.com/cgapps/vendor_google/raw/master/prebuilt/gapps/arm/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so

$ adb root

$ adb remount

$ adb push libjni_latinimegoogle.so /system/lib/

$ adb reboot

Guest cesardp27

Good afternoon, I have installed the version of Android CyanogenMod 5.0.2 and 12-20150329-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3, I could upgrade to version 12.1 CyanogenMod (Android 5.1.1), without returning to the Kit Kat? If possible what would be the steps? Thanks for your reply ...

Guest KonstaT

Good afternoon, I have installed the version of Android CyanogenMod 5.0.2 and 12-20150329-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3, I could upgrade to version 12.1 CyanogenMod (Android 5.1.1), without returning to the Kit Kat? If possible what would be the steps? Thanks for your reply ...

Just follow installation instructions in the third post. It should also be possible to do a 'dirty' update from cm12 to cm12.1 if you update gapps package at the same time as well. I'd still recommend doing a clean install (following the instructions) and my 'no wipe, no whine' policy still stands. ;)

There's absolutely no reason to go back to KitKat (you can if you want to, though). You need to update your Open C to Android KitKat to have the correct modem firmware for RIL and wifi to work on CyanogenMod (stock Firefox OS is based on Android Jelly Bean). Once you've done that, you don't have to do it again.

Guest KonstaT

I'm sorry, I can barely understand anything from that post. Have you actually verified that you don't get any reading from the proximity sensor? How long has this problem persisted? What was the last build it worked? Logs? Dmesg and audit log (/data/misc/audit/audit.log) for SELinux, please. Don't disable the sensor, lets rather fix it instead. I had some really cool stuff with ambient display planned for devices with proximity sensor in the next build.

Did it still work in cm-12.1-20150423-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3 build (als/prox kernel driver was updated in cm-12.1-20150506-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3)? There's changelog and previous build you could try available in the second post of this thread. Can you test if it works with this updated sensor HAL (just flash it in recovery)?

Like said, my Open C doesn't have ambient light/proximity sensor and every time I've made some relevant changes, I've asked feedback from the community. Unfortunately, I usually don't get anything in response. :(
Really? Anyone who has a device with a proximity sensor?

Proximity works on the latest build. Proximity doesn't work on the latest build. Flashing the patch fixed proximity sensor. Flashing the patch didn't fix proximity sensor...

Guest scipilev

Sorry for the long answer. Flashed the fix and immediately began to Wake up either immediately or a maximum of 1-2 seconds. And this problem with the release of sleep since the first build. Now to test on the latest build and everything works fine. Test on two machines. Thanks again for your work and for your support. I apologize if the writing is not clear, English is not for you. Dmesg.log can be sent from a previous build, with the latter there is no possibility to remove it, and at the forum and asked there is silence, no one responded. Well I guess there is no point in it. If you want I will send.

Guest KonstaT

Sorry for the long answer. Flashed the fix and immediately began to Wake up either immediately or a maximum of 1-2 seconds. And this problem with the release of sleep since the first build. Now to test on the latest build and everything works fine. Test on two machines. Thanks again for your work and for your support. I apologize if the writing is not clear, English is not for you. Dmesg.log can be sent from a previous build, with the latter there is no possibility to remove it, and at the forum and asked there is silence, no one responded. Well I guess there is no point in it. If you want I will send.

Have you actually verified that the proximity sensor didn't work before and it now works after flashing the patch? Use e.g. CPU-Z and open 'sensors' tab. You should see the value change under 'Proximity sensor' when you move your hand to cover sensor on your device.

That can't be right if you're saying it never worked. Proximity sensor is confirmed working by a user on April 20th (I'd assume that's cm-12.1-20150417-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3 build then). Patch I posted is to bring sensor HAL in line with recent kernel changes to als/proximity driver in cm-12.1-20150506-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3 build. It should have worked in all builds before that or there's something else wrong with your device. You should have also noticed this when the display doesn't turn off/on during calls...

Guest scipilev

Have you actually verified that the proximity sensor didn't work before and it now works after flashing the patch? Use e.g. CPU-Z and open 'sensors' tab. You should see the value change under 'Proximity sensor' when you move your hand to cover sensor on your device.

That can't be right if you're saying it never worked. Proximity sensor is confirmed working by a user on April 20th (I'd assume that's cm-12.1-20150417-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3 build then). Patch I posted is to bring sensor HAL in line with recent kernel changes to als/proximity driver in cm-12.1-20150506-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3 build. It should have worked in all builds before that or there's something else wrong with your device. You should have also noticed this when the display doesn't turn off/on during calls...

The sensor has always worked fine, in the approximation of 1 cm at a distance of 5 cm was only the problem is that when an incoming call was a black screen and he could from 5-15 seconds to light up and could not catch fire. If after you have taken the tube he reacted as he should. This problem was the build up to the last. If you completely disable the sensor, then he came out of sleep and have 1-3 seconds. And now after installing this fix, he goes either immediately or 1-2 seconds. Tested on two approach, on one Assembly from 05.06, across from 05.20. And after installing the fix the same indications of 1-5 cm Everything else works fine.Just in case make readings with this program, it may be useful

CPU-Z for Android Report - 1.10.zip

Guest KonstaT

The sensor has always worked fine, in the approximation of 1 cm at a distance of 5 cm was only the problem is that when an incoming call was a black screen and he could from 5-15 seconds to light up and could not catch fire. If after you have taken the tube he reacted as he should. This problem was the build up to the last. If you completely disable the sensor, then he came out of sleep and have 1-3 seconds. And now after installing this fix, he goes either immediately or 1-2 seconds. Tested on two approach, on one Assembly from 05.06, across from 05.20. And after installing the fix the same indications of 1-5 cm Everything else works fine.Just in case make readings with this program, it may be useful

Well, then it's a complete mystery if the sensor has always worked. Or maybe there's just something getting lost in the translation. :P

That patch contains a sensor HAL from recent ZTE stock firmware. It's to go with als/prox sensor driver changes from the recent kernel update ZTE released. It should only 'fix' it with the two latest builds (and possibly break it if used on builds before that). I wanted audit log in case there was some kind of proximity calibration file written to /data. SELinux would deny that for sure. In that case it could have been an issue for a longer time but that patch wouldn't have likely made any difference then.

Great if it works, though. I'll have ambient display enabled in the next build. I'll also add 'hand wave' and 'pocket mode' gestures to pulse the ambient notifications. These gestures depend on the proximity sensor to work so I can't test it myself (on this device - shouldn't work any differently than on my other devices). I'll just have to rely on some community feedback again.

Guest scipilev

Although we have difficulties in communicating, but you understand it right, this is so the sensor worked and worked and adequate. It began with 5.0 Lollipop, if on the same machine to flash kit kat, the sensor worked perfectly and out of sleep instantly. Unsubscribed since our forum, those who put this fix, everything works fine, out of the dream and I go out almost instantly. May need some magazines. Or even something then I will send. Thanks again for your help and responsiveness

Guest KonstaT
New build. I've enabled ambient display feature in this build so display will pulse few times when you receive a notification. In addition, there's also 'hand wave' and 'pocket' gestures that you can use to pulse ambient display. These gestures (Settings -> Gestures) are only available on devices that have a proximity sensor and remain hidden otherwise. Since my Open C doesn't have a ambient light/proximity sensor, I'd appreciate if someone could actually confirm that these gestures are working properly on this device.

cm-12.1-20150604-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:743d3f7457f08b4364bafb3b3249dcee

-enable ambient display
-add 'hand wave' and 'pocket' gestures to pulse ambient display (only available on devices that have a proximity sensor)
-update sensor HAL
-unhide in-call volume boost option
-minor audio/bluetooth/media updates from CAF upstream

Guest manuel0rod

greetings, thanks KonstaT excellent job my open c still lives. only one question as I can turn it down and leave the same day is the compilation of cm-12.1-20150423-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip that sounded good, appreciate your support just I wanted to regain the previous volume else is perfect. Greetings from Venezuela

Guest KonstaT

greetings, thanks KonstaT excellent job my open c still lives. only one question as I can turn it down and leave the same day is the compilation of cm-12.1-20150423-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip that sounded good, appreciate your support just I wanted to regain the previous volume else is perfect. Greetings from Venezuela

Sorry, I can barely understand. What's wrong with volume?

In-call volume was just increased in the latest build (84->94). You can edit /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml and change the volume under handset path.

There's similar volume entries under speaker and headphones paths that you can edit.

Guest Kramus

@KonstaT: I really hate the new vertical App-Drawer! It is also on my One Plus One. -.- Can I change it to the default horizontal App-Drawer without installing a new App-Drawer?

Guest KonstaT

no way to turn down the volume of the trumpet? It sounds very high and sometimes tends to sound wrong

LOL, no idea what this 'trumpet' is. There's no horn section in my device. :P You know there's also volume buttons on the right side of your device to adjust the volume...

Like said, you can change the volume for each path in /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml. I think these are pretty self-explanatory. Default value was 84 before I increased them. Should I again decrease these by default (and to what values)?
speaker=speaker (84->90)
headphones=headphones (84->86)
handset=in-call earpiece (84->94)

@KonstaT: I really hate the new vertical App-Drawer! It is also on my One Plus One. -.- Can I change it to the default horizontal App-Drawer without installing a new App-Drawer?

Eww, that really does look hidious. I had no idea that's by default in Trebuchet now. IMO they've also completely messed up the folder UI.

MENU (or long press home screen) -> swipe up for setting -> Layout -> Paged. That's the horizontal Lollipop 'cards' view.

There's plenty of excellent third party launchers available in Play Store that offer a lot more customization options. I personally prefer Nova Launcher.

Guest Kramus

Eww, that really does look hidious. I had no idea that's by default in Trebuchet now. IMO they've also completely messed up the folder UI.

MENU (or long press home screen) -> swipe up for setting -> Layout -> Paged. That's the horizontal Lollipop 'cards' view.

There's plenty of excellent third party launchers available in Play Store that offer a lot more customization options. I personally prefer Nova Launcher.

Well, there is no "Layout" in my Settings.

Guest KonstaT

Well, there is no "Layout" in my Settings.

Of course there is. In the launcher settings. Already told you exactly how to access it.

MENU (or long press home screen) -> swipe up for setting -> Layout -> Paged.

Guest spalock
New build. I've enabled ambient display feature in this build so display will pulse few times when you receive a notification. In addition, there's also 'hand wave' and 'pocket' gestures that you can use to pulse ambient display. These gestures (Settings -> Gestures) are only available on devices that have a proximity sensor and remain hidden otherwise. Since my Open C doesn't have a ambient light/proximity sensor, I'd appreciate if someone could actually confirm that these gestures are working properly on this device.

cm-12.1-20150604-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:743d3f7457f08b4364bafb3b3249dcee

-enable ambient display
-add 'hand wave' and 'pocket' gestures to pulse ambient display (only available on devices that have a proximity sensor)
-update sensor HAL
-unhide in-call volume boost option
-minor audio/bluetooth/media updates from CAF upstream

I just installed that build on my french open C which has a proximity sensor. Hand wave and pocket gesture seam to work fine afaict.

As usual, thanks a lot for your work KonstaT. :)

Default value was 84 before I increased them. Should I again decrease these by default (and to what values)?

The sound is too loud at the lowest level, I would prefer that you set back the previous default values.

Guest KonstaT

I just installed that build on my french open C which has a proximity sensor. Hand wave and pocket gesture seam to work fine afaict.

As usual, thanks a lot for your work KonstaT. :)

The sound is too loud at the lowest level, I would prefer that you set back the previous default values.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, so I'll keep the gestures then. :) BTW did you happen to check if your device enters deep sleep mode with the gestures (and proximity sensor) enabled? You could use e.g. CPU Spy or Kernel Adiutor's 'Frequency Table' option. It shouldn't by all reason but it wouldn't hurt to verify either. In case that it doesn't (deep sleep), enabling these gestures would have much bigger impact on battery life  - if it's working like it should the difference is so small that it's pretty much indifferent.

It was by public demand I increased the volume. I tested that these values are working fine on my device but I don't actually personally care. :P I can revert them back to the original but I'm sure some people won't be pleased with that then...

Guest spalock

I installed CPUSpy, it basically says : 300Mhz 64% and deep sleep 32%.

HTH.

Concerning the volume, perhaps those people have another issue (bad earing, noisy environment, ...)

Edited by spalock

Guest KonstaT

I installed CPUSpy, it basically says : 300Mhz 64% and deep sleep 32%.

HTH.

Concerning the volume, perhaps those people have another issue (bad earing, noisy environment, ...)

Not sure it did. How about this? Enable gestures under Settings -> Gestures, open CPU Spy, select 'Reset Timers' from the menu, turn display off and let your device sit for a couple of minutes (also needs to be unplugged from USB/charger BTW), return to CPU Spy and see what it says. Mostly 'Deep Sleep' -> good news, mostly '300 Mhz' -> bad news.

Already reverted it, will be back to the original volume levels in future builds. Can't please everyone. There might some hardware differences between devices as well. Mine certainly has a weak speaker compared to any other device I've ever had.