[DEV][ROM][24.4.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest spalock

I already had the gestures enabled.

Not sure it did. How about this? Enable gestures under Settings -> Gestures, open CPU Spy, select 'Reset Timers' from the menu, turn display off and let your device sit for a couple of minutes (also needs to be unplugged from USB/charger BTW), return to CPU Spy and see what it says. Mostly 'Deep Sleep' -> good news, mostly '300 Mhz' -> bad news.

That gives deep sleep 95% :D

Guest KonstaT

I already had the gestures enabled.

That gives deep sleep 95% :D

Great, thanks again. :)

Help me, i cant play games on 3d, is force closed and black screen, what i can do to repair this?

Oh come on, we've been though this already. First you reported it not working, then working in the next build (with nothing changed in the ROM), and now not working again.

It's most likely because of something stupid that you're doing yourself. Start off with a clean install and trace your steps. Figure out what's causing it, and then don't do it! :P

Guest KonstaT

Hello KonstaT

Tell please how to make so that over the sign "Communication" this sign was cleaned-!

English, please. Without my apparent mind reading capabilities there would be no way to know what you're trying to say here. :P

Exclamation mark next to your wifi/mobile signal icon means that you're connected to the network, but don't have a working internet connection.

Guest Sergey76rus

KonstaT
The fact is that I do not know English, and I did from Russia. Just me, not a lot of annoying constant exclamation mark on the connection where the written statement.

Guest KonstaT

As you can automatically mount a swap partition the memory card when you start the phone? Now I use amem booster. Beeline smart2

By default this ROM uses zRAM (compressed memory). You can change the zRAM size by using e.g. Kernel Adiutor's 'Virtual Memory' tab.

Swap would work the same way it works everywhere else. Create a swap file somewhere with 'mkswap' (or create a swap partition on external sdcard) and activate it with 'swapon'. You can create e.g. an init.d script if you want to automate this on boot up. I wouldn't necessarily recommend using a sdcard because it's 'slow' storage. There's some unused space in /cache partition that you could utilize for swap file. In the long run all the write cycles might wear and tear your device's eMMC though reducing your device's life span (same thing applies to your sdcard too).

Guest Maverick2k

Hi KonstaT,

first of all: great work, latest version runs very smoothly on my Open C. I would like to "share" the phone with my parents and therefore create two separate users (not only accounts) but cannot find the option in the settings. Checking "pm get-max-users" with result 1 it seems that it is intentionally disabled in CM12.1? If yes, is there any reason not to use it or any way to re-enable multi-user configuration (perhaps as default for further releases?)?

Thanks & regards,
Sven

Edited by Maverick2k

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

first of all: great work, latest version runs very smoothly on my Open C. I would like to "share" the phone with my parents and therefore create two separate users (not only accounts) but cannot find the option in the settings. Checking "pm get-max-users" with result 1 it seems that it is intentionally disabled in CM12.1? If yes, is there any reason not to use it or any way to re-enable multi-user configuration (perhaps as default for further releases?)?

Thanks & regards,

Sven

Multiple users are intentionally disabled on low RAM devices (devices with 512mb of RAM and set 'ro.config.low_ram=true'). You'd have to remove/comment out/switch the low RAM property and also add 'fw.show_multiuserui=true' and 'fw.max_users=n' (where n is how many users you'd want) to /system/build.prop.

You can play around with this and see how your device performs but I'm not sure this is something I'd recommend in the long run. This device is already a bit stretched memory-wise on Lollipop as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest debian2

LiveDisplay don't work correctly in Automatic mode. Color change from 6500K to 2000K in the evening. But not change from 2000K to 6500K in morning. And in day. And in next evening too. What do you need from me to correcting this?

Guest KonstaT

LiveDisplay don't work correctly in Automatic mode. Color change from 6500K to 2000K in the evening. But not change from 2000K to 6500K in morning. And in day. And in next evening too. What do you need from me to correcting this?

Automatic mode for LiveDisplay feature works only if location services are enabled. Your location is used to check daylight conditions and to apply correct LiveDisplay mode when necessary.

CyanogenMod behavior (or 'issue') anyway, not something specific to this device.

Guest victormva_

i need plase, i coming for a team "ZTE OPEN  C VENEZUELA" on facebook, where is konsta, our devices have a low memory internal, and bugs into games 3d and some applications, how is possible change the zram memory?, and some possibility of change ART to Dalvik as before? excuse me for my english, Help ours please, this rom is very good and want used good this, thanks for you attention

Guest KonstaT

i need plase, i coming for a team "ZTE OPEN  C VENEZUELA" on facebook, where is konsta, our devices have a low memory internal, and bugs into games 3d and some applications, how is possible change the zram memory?, and some possibility of change ART to Dalvik as before? excuse me for my english, Help ours please, this rom is very good and want used good this, thanks for you attention

Huh, I have nothing to with any Facebook group?! Storage, memory and zRAM are not the same thing. You're probably confusing these.

You can increase the size of the available internal storage by using a Windows flasher to update to Android (roughly doubles the size of the /data partition - ~1gb to ~1.9gb). You can use e.g. Kernel Adiutor to change the zRAM (compressed RAM) size but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. Like already discussed, there's no issue with 3D games. Trace your steps and figure out what's causing the problem for you. Lollipop uses ART by default and there's no option to use Dalvik. ART easily outperforms Dalvik in many ways so there's no reason to drag it along. This is Lollipop, if you prefer KitKat - use CM11.

Guest victormva_

excuse me , konsta the problem with the games is the freezed the device when open a game 3d, some form to solucionaty this, i reinstalled the rom more and nothing the changes:((, this problem succed on all devices venezuelan

Guest KonstaT

excuse me , konsta the problem with the games is the freezed the device when open a game 3d, some form to solucionaty this, i reinstalled the rom more and nothing the changes:((, this problem succed on all devices venezuelan

I highly doubt there's anything different in Venezuelan Open C devices that would explain it. Either way, it's something you have to figure out yourself. I don't have a Venezuelan Open C and I've never experienced such issue.

Like already repeated several times, it's more likely something to do with the installation procedure or third party packages/apps/tweaks/etc you're installing yourself. Make sure you follow installation instructions on the third post of this thread and use a Google apps package specific to this Android version.

Guest KonstaT
New build.

cm-12.1-20150709-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
md5:24137260254f4e7693a23453af9c468b

-revert volume levels back to the original
-update few blobs from recent ZTE stock firmware
-update adreno blobs
-add translations to gesture settings
-patch CVE-2015-5366 in kernel

Guest Vcrone

I flashed cm-12.1-20150709.. over the prior version cm-12.1-20150604... only by wiping dalvik.

The battery drains very fast: 2 days without using the phone and wifi off. 50% google play services, 21% andriodOS, 17% clock . No visible App was running in background.

With the cm-12.1-20150604... ROM this didn´t happen.

I think I will go back to the older version and see what happens

Guest KonstaT

I flashed cm-12.1-20150709.. over the prior version cm-12.1-20150604... only by wiping dalvik.

The battery drains very fast: 2 days without using the phone and wifi off. 50% google play services, 21% andriodOS, 17% clock . No visible App was running in background.

With the cm-12.1-20150604... ROM this didn´t happen.

I think I will go back to the older version and see what happens

I don't have any problem with idle battery drain. I could go for weeks. ;)

You most likely just have some misbehaving app. You could use e.g. BetterBatteryStats to see if there's wakelocks, etc. Usually just rebooting your device helps.

post-834050-0-24280700-1436698146_thumb.

Guest Vcrone

Of course I rebooted my device and I have no other app installed after changing the ROM. I thought it could be because I made no data and factory reset before flashing the new ROM.

Now I went back to the version 4.6. and I will see if it will be better meens like before flashing.

Guest KonstaT

Of course I rebooted my device and I have no other app installed after changing the ROM. I thought it could be because I made no data and factory reset before flashing the new ROM.

Now I went back to the version 4.6. and I will see if it will be better meens like before flashing.

Generally speaking, you don't need to wipe anything when updating to a newer version of the same ROM. I still maintain my 'no wipe, no whine' policy, though. If you have a problem, you should also be able to reproduce it on a clean install.

Well, Google Play Services is one the most infamous what comes to misbehaving apps and wakelocks (google search it). It also updates silently so it's not always obvious which version you're running. I'd still rather say that it's more likely just random occurrence. There's barely nothing changed on the device side between these two builds anyway, just about a months worth of upstream CyanogenMod changes.

Guest KonstaT

Maybe TK GApps [1] should be used with this instead of PA GApps now? [1] http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/tk-gapps-t3116347

Oh, I wasn't aware they were continuing PA Gapps under a new name.

It really doesn't matter which gapps package you use as long as it's for the correct Android version. It doesn't matter much how up-to-date the gapps package is either. You'll still eventually end up with two copies of some apps as they get updated (one in /system and updated version in /data). Some of the biggest full gapps packages won't even fit the /system partition on this device so you also have to take that into consideration.