LiquidSmooth 4.0 featuring new Mourta-Hybrid (2015-04-10)

Guest Mourta

Guest easy4me

[...] the ROM isn't optimized since it breaks a lot of external apps at this point in time.

Is this problem related to the ROM or to the kernel?

Guest SuperLamic

Great rom, very smooth but when i use phone on charger he spent more than charge... :blink:

yeah you have to install app called "Trickster MOD" and change cpu governor (in tab general, swipe from left side in app) to abyssplugv2 and then change CPUQuiet power management (in tab specific, swipe from left side in app) to balanced.

I recommand you to enable it to set on boot (swipe from right side in app) otherwise it will be reseted on next boot to default settings.

Edited by SuperLamic

I use Multirom 2.7.1 and after flashing the ROM my Multiboot Menu disappears and LS 4.0, installed on internal boots. I had this too with 3.4 Kernel but with 3.1 it works like it should

Could be kernel related if mourta hasn't included kexec hardboot patches. Or you haven't flashed multirom on the fresh setup?

This are just ideas I haven't looked in your log, so wait until mourta responses.

Guest Mourta

Download links and sources will be taken down tomorrow since XDA doesn't honor user agreements and think they can take control over my content.

You can say thank you to the mod TonyStark over at XDA for this.

If they refuse to honor the GPL developer agreement (i decide what i want to share) i will issue a cease and desist order and if not followed i will contact a good friend of mine over at the FSA to take care of the matter.

I don't think they actually have any idea of how GPL works over there.

Nicolas Brozky (Linux Kernel Team)

Guest moneyvirus

What?! What is going on? Xda is complaining but does that mean its all done? You quite your awsome work? Or just completely stop posting on XDA? Because I think almost everybody is happy with your work, well at least here!

Guest Mayazcherquoi

If they refuse to honor the GPL developer agreement (i decide what i want to share)

The GPL makes no such claim. For any derived work of GPL software, you must make all of the source code available to those you release it to. In this case, you released this software to the public, and thus the source code must be available to the public.

If you have already done this, then I don't see what XDA's problem is.

Guest NothingSerious

The GPL makes no such claim. For any derived work of GPL software, you must make all of the source code available to those you release it to. In this case, you released this software to the public, and thus the source code must be available to the public.

Dev and Vendor tree fall under the Apache license, not the GPL. That's probably a typo on Mourta's post.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest SuperLamic

Dev and Vendor tree fall under the Apache license, not the GPL. That's probably a typo on Mourta's post.

but they haven't been released yet.. (updated ones).

If I see any problem, it's only that mourta hasn't released device repo. I just don't understand how can people on xda change things on other forums? Well, the most horrible thing they can do (if you're not breaking gpl) is remove your thread.

btw. the apache licence is better for these things - you don't have to release source. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2982364/how-does-apache-2-0-license-differ-from-gpl

Edited by SuperLamic

Guest NothingSerious

If I see any problem, it's only that mourta hasn't released device repo. I just don't understand how can people on xda change things on other forums? Well, the most horrible thing they can do (if you're not breaking gpl) is remove your thread.

btw. the apache licence is better for these things - you don't have to release source. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2982364/how-does-apache-2-0-license-differ-from-gpl

As stated, the device repo also falls under the Apache license, he's not forced to release it.

Guest Decay3

Awesome, so if all licensing is okay, then why would the sources and download links be taken offline from BitBucket and Modaco? Just because some XDA mod thinks he knows better and Mourta's angry about that?

(besides that, I myself would like to see those sources released, but ofc I don't have any influence on that :p)

Guest Mourta

I'll release the code for the dev and vendor when i feel like it, it's not GPL'd code unless *I* decide it is.

Guest Mourta

Awesome, so if all licensing is okay, then why would the sources and download links be taken offline from BitBucket and Modaco? Just because some XDA mod thinks he knows better and Mourta's angry about that?

(besides that, I myself would like to see those sources released, but ofc I don't have any influence on that :P)

No, it's because they don't honour my request that the content be taken down from their site.

I've stated this a thousand times before to various devs and people wanting to make a release using my code, it's fine to do that as long as you remove every reference to me in the released code.

I control my releases using my name and getting locked out of the thread with the links to my sources and release so i can't even change it means that i'm going to have to personally see to it that the content isn't being shared in a manner i don't want it to be shared.

Of course, the GPL'd code is up there and included in it is the only thing that actually matters when it comes to the dev tree, the init files.

You can use ANY dev tree and compile the code as long as you have that, you don't need my dev tree and in the future it may have to be locked down since there is a good chance that i'll be using a lockless allocator that is proprietary.

The only real changes from the various existing dev trees at the point in time when that version was built is that i don't use legacy memory management and that i use jemalloc, i purposely didn't release the later version because of that.

Guest Mourta

Dev tree and vendor tree is now up.

It inherently means just that, i don't have to share any compiled code at all against my wishes. I am in complete control over whatever versions i release to the public.

Of course all GPL'd code is on my bitbucket, that's not the problem, the problem is the same as it always was with XDA. They think they have control over what i release (in the compiled form).

Guest Mourta

Since TonyStark has decided to ban me without removing the thread but has at the least removed the download link this is going to stay up.

Now that that is done the vendor and dev tree has been released.

There are numerous problems with LiquidSmooth right now so for the time being this is the version that stays, i may change ROM eventually but i would like to get at the very least one "good" LiquidSmooth built with full optimizations before i leave the project.

Cheers to everyone for having patience and especially to NothingSerious for explaining this issue.

Nicolas.

Guest SuperLamic

Since TonyStark has decided to ban me without removing the thread but has at the least removed the download link this is going to stay up.

Now that that is done the vendor and dev tree has been released.

There are numerous problems with LiquidSmooth right now so for the time being this is the version that stays, i may change ROM eventually but i would like to get at the very least one "good" LiquidSmooth built with full optimizations before i leave the project.

Cheers to everyone for having patience and especially to NothingSerious for explaining this issue.

Nicolas.

yeah :) I thought I will have to buy a new phone, because your development is the only reason why I'm still keeping this phone..

Big thank for your work and this decision :)

Guest Mourta

yeah :) I thought I will have to buy a new phone, because your development is the only reason why I'm still keeping this phone..

Big thank for your work and this decision :)

You're welcome and i'm in the process of trying something that may make your phone feel a lot newer. ;)

Guest Ankram

Hi Mourta!

I was wondering if it was possible to use ViPER4Android FX instead of AudioFX or if I should stick to AudioFX for compatibility

Edited by Ankram

Guest tool_king

Hi Mourta!

I was wondering if it was possible to use ViPER4Android FX instead of AudioFX or if I should stick to AudioFX for compatibility

I'm using Viper instead of Audio FX without any problems.

Guest pouriajamali

after full charged my phone at night,when i wake up my phone turn off and battery goes 0%,how can fix this problem??

post-1058261-0-18394000-1428908709_thumb

Edited by pouriajamali

Guest NothingSerious

after full charged my phone at night,when i wake up my phone turn off and battery goes 0%,how can fix this problem??

Logs and you get an answer. ;)

Guest Mourta

Wrong thread and without knowing which CPUFreq and CPQ governor you are using or what your other settings are and having no log at all i have no idea what is wrong.

I think i know, you're using interactive/userspace which will inevitably keep your phone running 1500/1500/1500/1500 at all times.

I just reviewed and changed the init.x3.rc to avoid this problem for users that don't set their own CPUFreq/CPQ governors.