LiquidSmooth 4.0 featuring new Mourta-Hybrid (2015-04-10)

Guest Mourta

Guest derders

If you have this kind of cable, could you please run a log on it for me?

I can't fix it if i don't know what is broken.

Hi..will do it  (have to wait for a friend because my tv hdmi port is defect)

run a log = connect phone with hdmi and take a log with app catlog? or how to?

Guest Mourta

If you have this kind of cable, could you please run a log on it for me?

I can't fix it if i don't know what is broken.

Hi..will do it  (have to wait for a friend because my tv hdmi port is defect)

run a log = connect phone with hdmi and take a log with app catlog? or how to?

That will do fine.

The thing is, i have spent a great deal of time to make it work without having the cable to test it (nor the time, really) so if your friend is willing to walk through this i will absolutely fix it for him (and everyone else) but there will be some work involved on your part too (mainly testing new kernels and reporting the result via logcat).

You can drop your logs at http://www.mediafire.com/filedrop/filedrop_hosted.php?drop=c110a5c659ba4f1f5a442193c7817f01dcb2d566e6834f8d9ad26c734a158707

Don't forget to tell me when you do though, i don't get a notice of that so you'll have to PM me.

Guest wadimw

Hi,

can Xposed be installed on your rom or would it cause any problems/conflict with your optimisations? I need it mostly for Greenify/Amplify (so far on every rom I had huuge freezes while conecting to the Internet - social apps suck).

Thanks!

Guest Mourta

Hi,

can Xposed be installed on your rom or would it cause any problems/conflict with your optimisations? I need it mostly for Greenify/Amplify (so far on every rom I had huuge freezes while conecting to the Internet - social apps suck).

Thanks!

no, this ROM is odexed so xposed wont work.

You can deodex it using the kitchen but there isn't any Greenify/Amplify modules that i'm aware of that are compatible with lollipop.

IOW, you can try after a deodex but whether it would work or not is anyones guess.

Slim will be released deodexed because there are modules that will work with it and it is pure AOSP with a smidge of RRO support at this point in time.

However, the freezes connecting sounds like a problem. I'm not aware of this problem for others so if you can give me a log when this happens that would be something worth looking into.

I assume you are using HSUPA+?

Edited by Mourta

Guest wadimw

Yes, either that or wifi, but those lags and freezes are not rom-related. As far as I know they're caused by apps simultaneously loading and trying to sync in background :shame: Sometimes I receive Facebook or Snapchat notifications even 15 minutes after turning data on  :blink: During that time phone is rather unresponsive, unless I stop syncing - that's why I need Greenify or Amplify to limit them.

Actually both of the modules work on 5.0.2 ;)

Well then, I think I'll stay with my current rom and wait for your Slim.

Thanks for the reply

Guest Mourta

Yes, either that or wifi, but those lags and freezes are not rom-related. As far as I know they're caused by apps simultaneously loading and trying to sync in background :shame: Sometimes I receive Facebook or Snapchat notifications even 15 minutes after turning data on  :blink: During that time phone is rather unresponsive, unless I stop syncing - that's why I need Greenify or Amplify to limit them.

Actually both of the modules work on 5.0.2 ;)

Well then, I think I'll stay with my current rom and wait for your Slim.

Thanks for the reply

This shouldn't happen, i'm using full fsync and the libc is the last implementation, backround nice io is set to 1 and this is a problem that i've never heard of before nor do i experience it myself, are you running something other then trickster for your settings and are you using a different governor setting than standard?

xposed needs a deodexed framework, the framework on my liquid is odexed, it won't work and if you try it you may find a result that is unexpected.

I think your "fixing" is the source of your problems because no one in the testing crew nor me had them (of course, this ROM will soon be unsupported and none of us are running it anynmore.)

Guest juantech

no it isn`t. ... at the moment? - Friend tried it but had black screen

LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16] works good with MHL adapter

your friend tried: connect the cable, go to settings, developer options, simulate secondary screens, select one, try?

this menu have options of tvdpi like 1920 x 1080p or 1280 x 720p im not sure if this is only a mirror in the mobile or too in the TV but a screen mirror for have 2 screens is.

Default is set in none, try to connect the cable and choose an option, would can be this.

i will be waiting your answer :)

Edited by juantech

Guest Mourta

Thanks forma this great ROM. Absolutely the best!!!

It sure seems to be the most popular ROM i have released yet, over 600 downloads in this short time and this is an EOL phone.

I think it may be spread somewhere else, i don't mind that people spread releases, feel free to do so.

Once i've decided that it's up for release i don't mind it being spread holding my name.

Guest SuperLamic

It sure seems to be the most popular ROM i have released yet, over 600 downloads in this short time and this is an EOL phone.

I think it may be spread somewhere else, i don't mind that people spread releases, feel free to do so.

Once i've decided that it's up for release i don't mind it being spread holding my name.

Did you try other roms? If yes that's the answer.. wakeing phone (especially when you need it - eg when someone is calling you) takes centuries and lags are everywhere, with your rom it's the best. :)

Guest NothingSerious

Did you try other roms? If yes that's the answer.. wakeing phone (especially when you need it - eg when someone is calling you) takes centuries and lags are everywhere, with your rom it's the best. :)

Well, we don't use the same outdated code on every ROM released on some other forum ;)

Guest defy+android

Well I created a thread on android-hilfe.de for your ROM. (http://www.android-hilfe.de/custom-roms-fuer-lg-optimus-4x-hd/683585-rom-liquidsmooth-4-0-mourta-lp-5-0-2-2015-04-10-a.html)

I think it is a very good Rom and very fast.

Still a lot of bugs to fix but it is only the initial release, and for that it's fine :)

When do you expect the next update to release?

And why is there no thread for this Rom on XDA?

Greets

defy+android

PS: Sorry for my bad english ;)

Guest NothingSerious

Well I created a thread on android-hilfe.de for your ROM. (http://www.android-hilfe.de/custom-roms-fuer-lg-optimus-4x-hd/683585-rom-liquidsmooth-4-0-mourta-lp-5-0-2-2015-04-10-a.html)

Still a lot of bugs to fix but it is only the initial release, and for that it's fine :)

Greets

defy+android

Screenshots do work, you have to make them an option in the power menu (the one where you hold the Power button).

Mourta's experience with XDA is kinda.... "bad". But then again considering that 95% of XDA's userbase is nothing but a bunch of cunts who are being mind controlled by the "developers" who are using MSM code for a Tegra device and (the userbase) will ignore every other kind of release, there's no reason to release quality work there. You know, especially when the awesome /s mods will attempt to take the thread down as fast as possible by violating their own rules.

I have a lot more to say, but I'm not interested in getting banned. ;)

Edit: QR scanning has to do with grouper blobs I believe. (Which we're getting rid of soon AFAIK)

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest NothingSerious

Honestly? ;)

Yep, honestly.

Now what would that 5% be...?

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest moneyvirus

Edit: QR scanning has to do with grouper blobs I believe. (Which we're getting rid of soon AFAIK)

sounds really interesting :)

i'm trying to compile with the given device tree and kernel but damn it's hard to do i'm getting error after error dunno for sure what i'm doing wrong 

Guest Mourta

Greets

defy+android

I created a thread for it on XDA but it's not considered original development (even though there isn't a single ROM out there that uses a 3.4+ kernel and with that the ROM that results from compiling with this kernel. That pissed me off a bit.

The mod then told me he would lock my thread until i provided sources for the GPL'd content which i had already done, when i told him that he went nuts and banned me.

So....

This is a much better forum, always have been.

Next update will come somewhere between tomorrow and the third of may 2017.

Guest Mourta

sounds really interesting :)

i'm trying to compile with the given device tree and kernel but damn it's hard to do i'm getting error after error dunno for sure what i'm doing wrong 

What are you trying to compile and what version?

Guest moneyvirus

What are you trying to compile and what version?

Dear Mourta,

I tried allready a couple of roms i started with Euphoria, an CM12.1 the first one i get error in audo libs. 
The CM12.1 boots up but ends into a bootloop and i'm unable to debug by adb.

so after that it thought let's compile liquid Smooth 5.1.1 but i get an error in recovery.gfx 

still playing around with it, but it's a bit frustrating not really to know how to fix it. 
i can post / send some error messages if you have some time to help me.

Greetings
Wim 

Guest Mourta

Dear Mourta,

I tried allready a couple of roms i started with Euphoria, an CM12.1 the first one i get error in audo libs. 
The CM12.1 boots up but ends into a bootloop and i'm unable to debug by adb.

so after that it thought let's compile liquid Smooth 5.1.1 but i get an error in recovery.gfx 

still playing around with it, but it's a bit frustrating not really to know how to fix it. 
i can post / send some error messages if you have some time to help me.

Greetings
Wim 

It's the device tree for 5.0, you cannot compile 5.1 roms using it.

You can compile CM12 with it and Euphoria 5.0 using it and you can compile slimlp 5.0 with it.

I can tell you that compiling 12.1, Euphoria 5.1 or slimlp 5.1.1 isn't at all hard but it IS pointless. it's below alpha status, you'll have problems booting it, you'll have problems with ... well pretty much everything.

I even told my testers to stick with my 5.0 version for now since the newer versions are so horrid that no sane human being would want to use it.

This will, as it often does, change swiftly and i've submitted a CRAPTON (that is like a metric ton but it consists of code) of code to slim but at this point it's still a mess.

The code will settle down eventually, at that time i can PM you my device and vendor (new vendor tree) to build it properly.

Just remember, if you are going to make a release, remove my name from the kernel, it's not my release so my name shouldn't be in there. It's ok to say it's based on my work but if you do not want to give credit you don't have to, what you cannot say is that it is your work.

I hope i got all of the legalese right in there, i'm dead tired.

Guest moneyvirus

It's the device tree for 5.0, you cannot compile 5.1 roms using it.

You can compile CM12 with it and Euphoria 5.0 using it and you can compile slimlp 5.0 with it.

I can tell you that compiling 12.1, Euphoria 5.1 or slimlp 5.1.1 isn't at all hard but it IS pointless. it's below alpha status, you'll have problems booting it, you'll have problems with ... well pretty much everything.

I even told my testers to stick with my 5.0 version for now since the newer versions are so horrid that no sane human being would want to use it.

This will, as it often does, change swiftly and i've submitted a CRAPTON (that is like a metric ton but it consists of code) of code to slim but at this point it's still a mess.

The code will settle down eventually, at that time i can PM you my device and vendor (new vendor tree) to build it properly.

Just remember, if you are going to make a release, remove my name from the kernel, it's not my release so my name shouldn't be in there. It's ok to say it's based on my work but if you do not want to give credit you don't have to, what you cannot say is that it is your work.

I hope i got all of the legalese right in there, i'm dead tired.

Thank you for your input will have a look into any 5.0 roms and i know the drill to remove anything related with your name

Good night

Guest Mourta

Thank you for your input will have a look into any 5.0 roms and i know the drill to remove anything related with your name

Good night

Cheers, and if i wasn't as opposed as i am to developing CM code, i'd might look into Vanir.

Sweet dreams jellybeans.

Guest defy+android

I created a thread for it on XDA but it's not considered original development (even though there isn't a single ROM out there that uses a 3.4+ kernel and with that the ROM that results from compiling with this kernel. That pissed me off a bit.

The mod then told me he would lock my thread until i provided sources for the GPL'd content which i had already done, when i told him that he went nuts and banned me.

So....

This is a much better forum, always have been.

Next update will come somewhere between tomorrow and the third of may 2017.

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation.

Let's hope that the next update doesn't take too long ;)

Keep your work up ! :)

Guest Mourta

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation.

Let's hope that the next update doesn't take too long ;)

Keep your work up ! :)

Well, the problem is that the two main moderators are other devs there and don't take kind to people disagreeing with them which leaves someone like me out.

That's the main problem with me and XDA, Laufer invited me to help out with the kernel and then Demetris started whining about my work and i told him that his additions broke the kernel to the degree where it wasn't even possible to compile it, so the guy starts whining and say that he will leave the project because i disagreed with him, i tell him i will leave it instead.

Fast forward, i pick up where IODAK left off, introduce a new version of his kernel and suddenly when i'm the dev it's no longer original development, i ask to have it deleted and Laufer tells me to go badword myself.

So i remove the links before the ban and he has to delete the thread, at this time another mod is approaching me and i make a one stop thread on XDA but i'm moving all development to Modaco.

Then the stuff i explained above happened.

On this forum, i'm not a mod, wouldn't want to be a mod and other devs trumphing my work would be AWESOME, i'd love for someone to actually move forward but me, would take some work off of my shoulders and i would approach that person and ask if he wants to work with me but ONLY if we have the same mindset when it comes to development.

See the problem is, i've developed for the Linux kernel and open source projects for a long time and i can't work with people who are all ego and don't care about the code.

Then there are the USERS on XDA "dear master" and complaining about s*** that just means that they should never be allowed to operate anything more complex than a light switch (if that).

I actively got banned last time around, just to not have more stupid questions that i had to read (didn't reply to any of them).

This is active development and what is released is very stable, what isn't are things you would whine about if i published them and then i'd call you names and you'd think i was rude... and so on.

There is a reason why i have testers, a kernel eight versions newer than anyone elses, on the forefront of speed AND stability and that is because i know what i'm doing.

Guest gganon

So I've been having this issue where at any random moment while the phone's screen is off and I've left it for a while it freezes and when I pick it up it won't unlock or do anything and just gets hot until I soft reset it (is that the term for holding the power button? idk .-. ). Obviously I can't get any help with this issue unless I get a log but what I learned only now is that after reboot, the log gets overwritten and starts from when it boots up and all useful info from before the freeze is gone. So I downloaded catlog to record a continuous log to the sdcard. I'll leave it on for the next time this might happen and post it here. But if catlog is recording the log in the background and the phone freezes up and I reboot it, will the stuff that catlog was recording be saved? Or does the app only save the log when I explicitly go the app and hit "stop recording" and till then its just stored temporarily in some buffer? I have no idea about this.

I also thought about getting the last_kmsg log but after a reboot the last_kmsg file just vanished. Is that normal? Will you need the last_kmsg to help solve this problem or will the normal log be enough?

I just seem to be having a lot of trouble figuring out something as simple as getting logs for some reason. Could someone just give me a quick rundown on what to do to produce useful logs for my little predicament and if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks

Also I've set it to abyssplug and balanced. No other settings touched.