Moto G 2014 - Earpiece interference problem?

Guest janners

Guest janners

Hi there,

After losing my faithful Huawei Y300 which had H3ROS's fantastic ROM, I thought the Moto G 2014 would make a good replacement.  I've just sent it back after 4 days because of a horrible radio/processor interference in the speaker/earpiece during calls.  Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?  Should I try to buy one from another retailer? Amazon would only offer a refund, not a replacement as they say others have had the same issue.

Edited by janners

Guest janners

It's the XT1068 dual sim.  I bought one for my other half too and that's the same but it doesn't bother him he says.  It bothers me.  I've got an XT1072 4G LTE today to see if it's the same and so far it doesn't appear to be as bad, but didn't realise that there's no 2G option and I live in the middle of nowhere (probably why I can hear the noise, no background noise to filter it out).  I'll have to see how it goes for the next few days.

Edited to add that after a few days of use, the 4G LTE version is also going to be returned for the same interference problem which is a shame because for everything else except call quality, the phone has been great :(

Edited by janners