[ROM][5.1.1] F-AOSP [Y300/G510] [16/05/2015]

Guest fonz93

Guest xxirioxx

I just wanted to say that you cannot see the difference if the clock speed is 1008MHz or if it's 1046MHz while you're using you phone :D

The answer to your second question is simple: RAM is 512MB but you can only use a part of it because another part is dedicated to graphics unit :)

Edited by xxirioxx

Guest H3ROS

I read a lot about Nexus users complaining about black screen problems after moving to Lollipop. Could it be that the problem is related to Lollipop itself? And not only Nexus users, other users as well.

No issues with my Xperia Z1 on LP. It doesn't even have memory leaks.

Guest fonz93

Test kernels made by chil360 and repacked for F-AOSP, for informations read here:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/374476-rom502allslimlp-alpha-10-250315/?p=2257593

TEST 1:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-xonQbKq2U2UGdoVGdGVF9SdjQ/view?usp=sharing

TEST 2:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-xonQbKq2U2VVpMRWNNYlE5LU0/view?usp=sharing

If you will get black screens with both of these versions, report back here or in the SlimLP thread (don't report other issues that have already been reported, just this one).

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

I'm taking Test_2. Just flashed and wifi not working. I will report within 3 days about the black screen

i may need to use wifi modules from slimlp kernel due to mismatch between toolchains, i will check all tomorrow, i am going to sleep now

Edited by fonz93

Guest Runjaun

Increased zRAM size to 256 MB RAM (most of the developers of low mem devices did this, so why not?)

Increase swappiness to 100 (most of the developers of low mem devices did this, so why not?)

Is this include in the rom ?

If not , make a patch please

Guest CreasingMass

Increased zRAM size to 256 MB RAM (most of the developers of low mem devices did this, so why not?)

Increase swappiness to 100 (most of the developers of low mem devices did this, so why not?)

Is this include in the rom ?

If not , make a patch please

It's not configured like that but you can do it with Kernel Adiutor

Guest Lemon88

I have a problem only with this rom, as often as you change governor / scheduler / freq with performance control or other app, restart or even after some time settings return as they were by default.

Guest eTrax

I am following the thread for some time, thinking about changing to a newer ROM. At the moment I am using Luca's CarbonROM 4.2.2 for my Y300. Also with this ROM I am already facing black screens, sometimes I only have to wait for some minutes until the phone wakes up, sometimes I have to take out the battery and reboot. This sounds for me like a similar problem as you have with this ROM, although the sources are quite different.

Does it make sense to post a logcat or sometime else, or are differences too big?

Guest wbrambley

Am I wrong, I have had no black screens. Have had the systemui die a few times or is that the "black screen" problem?

Guest fonz93

Am I wrong, I have had no black screens. Have had the systemui die a few times or is that the "black screen" problem?

No, it's a low RAM problem in that specific moment

Guest CreasingMass

@fonz93 How to change capacitive button function. I want to change menu to overview

Open /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl with any text editor, scroll down and search for "key 127   MENU" and "key 139   MENU" just replace "MENU" with "APP_SWITCHand save it.

I quote both "MENU" keys in there cuz i don't know which one is capacitive button, if someone can point which one is that would be useful, anyway there's no risk on changing both.

Edited by CreasingMass

Guest Jairus1998

Open /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl with any text editor, scroll down and search for "key 127   MENU" and "key 139   MENU" just replace "MENU" with "APP_SWITCHand save it.

I quote both "MENU" keys in there cuz i don't know which one is capacitive button, if someone can point which one is that would be useful, anyway there's no risk on changing both.

Thanks, it worked. Its key139 not key127

Anyway, thanks again