Developed white spot, returning, best way to backup?

Guest Degeneratemoo

Guest Degeneratemoo

My Hudl 2 has developed a white spot, it is visible on bright pages i.e. white background of a website or a lighter colour.  Rang tech support and they are picking it up tomorrow to repair or replace.

What is the best way of backup up my apps etc so that I don't lose progress in games that don't have cloud saving?

Thanks.

Edited by Degeneratemoo

Guest Degeneratemoo

Trying to use Helium (formerly Carbon) which I have used on my Samsung S3 with good effect but cannot get it to work with the hudl 2...

The android app is not linking up with the pc program, I've googled it and tried the generic android drivers but it doesn't seem to be working...

Guest crusader58

Unless you are rooted I don't think you'll be able to backup game progress etc, as these are mostly stored within the Data/data folder on the root directory. Titanium Backup would work, but again I think it will require root access to backup the files you want.

Edited by crusader58

Guest Degeneratemoo

It's very annoying the way it works... a number of the games are connected to Google play games so the progress for them should be saved but gaves like Avernum (which thankfully I am not that far into) do not have such options.

Guest Degeneratemoo

Tablet was picked up first thing Friday and was delivered back today.  Not sure if it is a repair or a replacement as my Hudl was in good condition, no paperwork sent with it.  Looks to be in good working order and looks brand new.