Stock ROM download

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The stock ROM for the Su6 is available for download here on the ZTE website or at a MoDaCo mirror (ROMraid).

This should make hacking about on the device much safer. It also means we need to keep an eye on this page for future updates.

Details on how to apply the update via SD card can be found in a PDF inside the download.

P

Vodafone_995N(Vodafone)_-_Support_-_ZTE_

Edited by PaulOBrien

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

If anyone wants to re-flash the stock firmware and then immediately update it to the latest OTA *without* wasting time booting the phone, all you do is "adb sideload update.zip" (in stock recovery >> adb sideload mode), wait for stock to complete, then stay on stock recovery screen, re-select adb sideload mode on-screen and repeat the process for the ~40MB update file. Tested and works a treat, and doesn't require ANY faffing about with SD cards or copying anything to the phone via MTP.

Guest NegativeOne

If anyone wants to re-flash the stock firmware and then immediately update it to the latest OTA *without* wasting time booting the phone, all you do is "adb sideload update.zip" (in stock recovery >> adb sideload mode), wait for stock to complete, then stay on stock recovery screen, re-select adb sideload mode on-screen and repeat the process for the ~40MB update file. Tested and works a treat, and doesn't require ANY faffing about with SD cards or copying anything to the phone via MTP.

Your advice just came in very handy. Thanks!

• 11 months later...
Guest vf995n

Hi, my vodafone su6(IE) is bricked, everytime i turn it on, it keeps going back to recovery, btw im on stock recovery, pls help.
PS I tried to flashed the stock rom/stock recovery/twrp image file but it always says E: footer is wrong E:verification signature fails or E: failed to verify whole-file signature

I have the same problem....(Verification Signature Fails) I cant flash the stock recovery (Greece) What can i do? Now i have the cm 12.1 rc2 and i want to flash the stock rom. Any idea?

Guest gitanillo87
1 hour ago, pepi75 said:

I have the same problem....(Verification Signature Fails) I cant flash the stock recovery (Greece) What can i do? Now i have the cm 12.1 rc2 and i want to flash the stock rom. Any idea?

disable verification signature on twrp

Guest gitanillo87

I dont have anymore twrp after flash the stock recovery, and i have the same problem every time when i try to flash the twrp again...

You cant flash twrp with stock recovery...need to root and flash with flashify

Guest vf995n
16 hours ago, gitanillo87 said:

You cant flash twrp with stock recovery...need to root and flash with flashify

i think i was rooted but then i change my recovery to stock 'coz i want to unroot my phone, then i installed the update.zip of the latest update. and thats what happened it bricked. my phone always goes back to recovery mode even if i reboot it

Guest gitanillo87
7 hours ago, vf995n said:

i tried to install the twrp img but it always say E:failed to verify whole system file or e: footer is wrong

and what rom did you have,before break..

Guest vf995n
18 hours ago, gitanillo87 said:

and what rom did you have,before break..

i had irish rom then, after i flashe the stock recovery, i thought it was for ireland but it was for uk but it still is workin but i want to revert it back to irish recovery. it always says footer is wrong or failed to verify whole file signature.

Guest Alradwan

hi guys 

I am new in vodafone device and I bought new smart ultra 6 device from QATAR and having a problem with SIM signal, Sometimes when calling somebody I can't hear properly and he can't hear me I contacted service center they suggest to do software. could somebody help me plz

Vodafone Smart ultra 6

VDF-995NB01-QA_MR01b 

Guest BlueMoonRising
23 hours ago, Alradwan said:

hi guys 

I am new in vodafone device and I bought new smart ultra 6 device from QATAR and having a problem with SIM signal, Sometimes when calling somebody I can't hear properly and he can't hear me I contacted service center they suggest to do software. could somebody help me plz

Vodafone Smart ultra 6

VDF-995NB01-QA_MR01b 

Update it to 5.1.1 via your settings.

Guest BlueMoonRising
5 hours ago, Alradwan said:

Hi bluemoon

it says this is the latest version I need to upgrade it manually but I can't find the suitable stock rom

There's seven 5.1.1 roms listed from 7 different countries here: 

I have no idea which would be best for you mind.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest vf995n
On 19/07/2016 at 4:11 PM, Alradwan said:

hi guys 

Vodafone Smart ultra 6

VDF-995NB01-QA_MR01b 

I dont know if this would help but I think you should update you device. Go to settings->about phone->update software->online update